Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by ~enchanted~

Mandie
I hate waking up early, as of course I’m sure everyone does. Unless your one of those 'morning people’. The alarm never stops nagging at you and the bright morning sun never turns away from the window.
 I yawn stretching my arms across my queen sized bed. My arm gently lands on something warm and soft. I sit up fixing my nappy dirty blonde hair and look around the room. Everything is as it was last night, shoes were still in the same place where they dropped; at the bedroom door, clothes around the room were still where they fell, and everything else was just always there. I circle back to the center of the room and look next to me were my arm had been, on Carson. I’m surprised he’s even still here, usually he leaves after we make out while drunk, last night Carson and I had gone out together to club Xeon and returned back to my place. It’s never gone any farther than that.
 Trying to remember the rest of what happened last night the only thing that i can remember is that we only made out. I fall back letting out a sigh of relief glad that it didn’t go farther-not that Carson wasn't hot but just because I’ve never really know what kind of relationship we have. It’s just always been confusing. I look over at Carson fast asleep. His short, light brown hair was pointing out in all directions, his lips were letting a harmless, innocent smile linger even with his piercing on his lower lip added some sexy-ness to his look, and his arms sprawled out letting his muscles and abs show even more. God he was cute. His voice was perfectly deep to that agreed with his green eyes.
 Stretching out Carson yawned "Hey...What time is it? “I look over to my alarm clock.
 "Like 12:30 almost, why?"
 "Good. I got to take a shower and wash this stench of me; I have a date with Destiny. Seriously Destiny and I are going to the movie later. “He had a sly grin on his face from saying that.
 "I’m not sure if I should be a little offended. Or glad I get my own bed back to myself for a while at least. “Carson’s faced changed and I could tell he knew I was a little hurt. Even though we aren’t anything 'real' right now it still bothers me how we get drunk together, make out and then he goes and hangs out with the schools s**t; Destiny .Destiny has slept with almost every guy in our school. Guys just can’t say no to a 5’8 Barbie doll. Her blonde hair always falls perfectly down the side of her face onto her tan shoulders bringing out her blue eyes of hell.
 Carson sat up and leaned over me placing his arm next to my right side.” I’m going to go take a shower so I don’t smell like s**t and, then I’ll make us breakfast.” He lifted up my chin gently caressing my cheek “Okay love?”
 “Okay.” I said lightly smiling. “I’ll help and get coffee”
 “See you when I get out.” He flashed a smile and kissed my lips. His lips were soft and warm against mine. God was he a great kisser. He smiled again and hoped off the bed and down the hall. Once again I’m not dating Carson, but I kind of wish I was. He’s nice to everyone and always knows how to throw a block party with the cops coming in the end. I’ve known Carson since I was little .Even though I was only a year and a half younger he always played with me and watched out for me. But when I try to ask him why he won’t date me, he changes the answer.¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
 I rolled of the bed and picked up the clothes all around the room. From just outside the master bedroom you could hear Carson in the shower singing Eminem‘s ‘Cleaning Out My Closet’. He’s actually isn’t that bad of a singer surprisingly. Walking into the laundry room I throw the clothes onto the floor with the rest of the dirty one’s. As I turn to walk away I hear a little cry, slowly the clothes start moving and out pop’s this little white fluff ball.
 “Oh my gosh Ponto! What are you doing in here silly you thing” Ponto climbed out and over the dirty clothes and purred his little fat butt all the way to my feet. Ponto’s eyes were sparkling blue which went beautifully with his white coat of fur and gray feet. I had just gotten Ponto for my eighteenth birthday a month ago. I picked him up and walked into the kitchen with him. I sat him down onto the counter and began getting all I needed to make some coffee.
As time passed slowly it began to rain, picking up with every passing second. It was nice to hear the rain; it calmed everything down and helped me relax. Relaxing is just the medicine I needed right now, I don’t think I could handle another passing day dealing with snobs, jerks, and way too much homework. Most of the time school was ok, and if you took out all the people I’d move in. I’m not much of a people person. I’d rather go hear a lecture given on plant reproduction or one given on the different types of soil than go to a party with a hundred or so crazy hormone teens doing god knows what.
 The coffee pot did its little ding right when Carson walked in. Coming fresh out of the shower he had already gotten his favorite pair of worn out jeans on, and now had just thrown his shirt on the counter covering Ponto; whom began to purr as he tried to find his way out. Carson laughed as eventually Ponto gave up and just sat there hidden continuing to purr until Carson picked him up and sat him on his shoulder.
 Carson looked away from Ponto and over to me “Is it raining?”
 “Unfortunately, yes “I gave him the sarcastic isn’t it wonderful look.” I was gonna work on my art project that due soon, but now I think I’ll just go study”
 Carson gave me a confused look. “Why not go to the movies and have some fun for once?”
 “I do have fun…I read my book” I stuck out my tongue making a silly face making Carson let out a laugh and smile. I dumped out my mostly full cup of coffee in the sink and headed towards the library on the other side of the house. The house we lived in was huge. It was a beautiful old, white Victorian house that was owned by Carson’s grandfather passed down through the family to him. Carson never talked much about his family. I don’t even think I’ve heard him even mention the slightest thing about them, not one word as if they never even existed.  

 



© 2011 ~enchanted~


Author's Note

~enchanted~
Ignore the grammar problems,i know there are tons, but im new at this and am mainly just trying to pick it up.Im havingt proofed and soon to be revised and fixed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on August 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011


Author

~enchanted~
~enchanted~

fort myers, FL



Writing