Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by ~enchanted~
"

Not finished. not quite done with the description but please read

"

Being in love can be one of the greatest things and one of the worst in life. It can bring you the biggest joy of your life to were you’ll dance and smile like a fool, or it can make you feel as if you were just a mistake and like trash .but this love, the kind I have well, let’s just say it’s a drug and I can’t help but smile a huge grin every time I think about it.

                Especially now. Entangled like a spoon with our hands fitting perfectly together on his bed. I love him, Shane Andrews. He’s not always the romantic type but he says the cutest things, and when he is romantic it’s like out of a book or chick flick movie. His dark black hair had that skater look cut just above his shoulders which looked really cute with his medium six foot three body build and even more with his goth, emo look.

                I don’t want to move from here at all, I have work but I can call out sick right? Besides after all they always call me in. I laid there entangled in Shane’s arms warm and safe for another thirty minutes until my alarm went off. I reached for it, slapping with barley any effort until it feel off the nightstand and didn’t stop. Quickly I darted to it hanging off the bed slapping it franticly to shut up. Turning around Shane’s eyes were opened now but he hadn’t moved otherwise. He looked drowsy and sweet and lazy, hair mussed. Laying back down I kissed him sweet and slow.

                “Hey” He said “You’re cute when you panic”

                “Only Just when I’m panicked?”

                “Ouch .yeah that didn’t come as I planned.” He kissed me lightly which sent warmth all through me, “but you know what I meant Kitten, you’re always cute to me.” He gave one of those smiles, the ones that half look innocent but half devilish as if he’s up to something. “So, what’s the plan for today?”

                “I have work.” I said with a sigh

                “Skip it, call in sick, I’d much rather stay here with my baby.” Kissing me off guard and holding me close he made circles on my back which felt like trails of sunlight.

                “You and I both know I can’t besides it’s just for four hours today then I have to stop by and pick up some stuff for dinner tonight and I’ll be home.” As persuasive as his argument was, and I mean really persuasive I laid there another ten minutes then forced myself up and grabbed a towel. “Get up Mr.” I kissed his lips softly and pulled back avoiding his grabby hands, and dashed for the bathroom to take a shower.

                Heading downstairs I heard Shane messing around in the kitchen for something to eat, probably his frosted flakes cereal. “I’ll be back later ok?” I shouted to him turning the nob on the door before leaving the house. He walked out of the kitchen, still with his bed head and superman pajama pants still on and a bowl of cereal.

                “Ok bye,” He said, “I’ll be here with Jasperboo probably writing while waiting for you.” He gave me a smile and plopped down onto the couch and turned on the TV.I gave him a smile, trying not to show how much a simple smile from him made me feel, which, filling me with warmth, was like I could overcome anything till I was back and safe with him.

                “Bye.” I said, and with that I shut the door and head off down the street to work.

                Walking down the steps onto the sidewalk it was a nice eighty degrees out, it’d be better if it was colder but I’m not one to complain. The leaves we’re becoming there nice spring green and the birds we’re all flying around singing with the cool breeze. There weren’t many people out this morning, a few we’re getting there mail and some heading off to work like I am. It was a wonderful start off for today and after work there’s a chance it won’t be as wonderful.as usual.

                I was right. The day had its good moments this morning and quickly crashed down once I was at work. I’ve had customers yell at me, two big packs of beer spilled all over me, and now I had to deal with old guys hitting on me.

                “Come on sweetie; let me take you out for a drink tonight whatdya say?” The guy had on clothes that looked as if he hadn’t changed for two days, and he reeked of beer. Not to mention he looked like he hadn’t shaved for quite a while.

                “I told you no thank you; now please go before I have my manager escort you out.” I am about to be at the end of my temper and if this guy didn’t leave me alone I was about to seriously kick him where the sun don’t shine and I so do not care if I’m on or off the clock. Which is a minute away from off.

                “Come on babe.” He grabbed my arm and tugged me towards him.

 I was in the middle of telling him to stop or else, when a hand grabbed me yanking me away from him and said “She said no.” I turned around and saw Ryan Gosling standing there. Ryan was a little bit like Shane with the hair but his was a light brown and he wasn’t as tall, but of course he was only eighteen while Shane is about to be twenty in a few weeks. “Now leave before I call the cops.” Ryan stood there not moving a muscle and looked like he’d beat the crap out of the guy if he didn’t leave quickly. The guy backed up a little bit afraid that Ryan would come after him then he turned around and headed down an ally. “A*s.”

 I turned and looked at Ryan who now looked all smiley, as he usually did “What?”

“I said a*s, the guy was an a*s an-“

“No,” I said cutting him off, “I meant what was that all about?”

“What are you talking about? The dude wasn’t gonna leave you alone, you’re not very threatening sweetheart hate to break it to ya” He smiled a cute smile and rubbed my head messing up my hair. I stuck my tongue out in reply and gave him a hug.

“Thanks” I started to walk again down the side walk when he caught my hand

“Let me walk you home.”

“It’s ok you do-“

“Bella, he could come back, so be quite and let me walk with you, besides I gotta go this way anyways” He started walking in his skater kind of way and I ran to catch up. He was taller than my five foot nine height but still shorter than Shane’s six foot three, so when he put his arm over my shoulder it didn’t make a big height difference. I’ve known Ryan for almost three years; he’s like my big brother but without all the major fights. Shane had texted me saying he had already gotten stuff for dinner and that I didn’t have to stop, so I kept walking towards home.

“So how’s your day going so far?” I asked as I did a little bunny hop over the side walk crack balancing trying not to fall with the extra weight on me.

“Eh, could be better. I did get to almost beat the crap out of that guy, and it’s not even five o’clock yet.” he laughed and fixed his hair as if it had been messed up.

“True.to bad he wasn’t really drunk, he might have thought you were some big bad guy and ran away afraid”

“Uh, hey!” we both started laughing “I scared him ok.” He smiled and pulled me close to him in a hug. “Nobody messes with my friend’s, especially one’s like family.” after a few moments we noticed we were already at Shane’s apartment, well our apartment kind of. Shane walked out and looked at Ryan and came down the steps to us.

“Ryan was just walking me home after a drunken guy wouldn’t leave me alone.” Shane glanced at Ryan’s arm around me and back to me. He wasn’t the type to get jealous, more like he was protective of me. He didn’t trust guys, not around me, not with my past of being really hurt by them the way I was.

“I see that.” Ryan took his arm and from around me and put his hands in his pockets.

“Um, I better get goin I’ll see you around Bella” He waved and started down the street

“Thanks for today Ryan!” I called after him; he turned around, waved with one of his goofy smiles and kept walking away turning around the corner.

“So,” I said after a few moments of silence had passed “wacha up to?” Shane bent down and kissed me filling me with warmth and making my stomach do flips.

“Follow me” with that said he grabbed my hand and led me inside. My hand was small in his. His hand was strong and cold and you could feel he’d been playing his guitar lately again, I loved when he played it was nice and calm; I have a guitar I just haven’t had the time to pick it up and learn. He led me inside and stopped right inside the door

                “Close your eyes, and no peeking” I tried to figure out where we we’re going but after a while I gave up. I got to thinking he’s just making circles when I hit my shin on some kind of corner and he picked me up, “can’t take you anywhere without you getting hurt can I?” you could hear the laughter in his voice as he carried me to what seemed like upstairs, a few moments later he sat me down  “keep your eyes closed.” He got up from what I found out was his bed and moved a few things around off in the distance and sat back down.

“Can I open my eyes yet?” I don’t like waiting for surprises, they always get me nervous and I’m always afraid I’ll give a bad reaction or something like that, but usually with Shane that’s never a problem.

“Now you can.” The lights were dimly lit, and he was sitting right in front of me. His eyes were greyish looking instead of their bright blue because of the light; his muscles were tense as he was looking down into his lap where he held something in his hand. “I want you to have this.” He said in a soft voice and handed me a small box .taking it from his barley shaking hand I opened the box and there sat a small ring.it had a gold band and a diamond in the middle with one smaller one on each side.it was gorgeous.

“I can’t-“I started to say closing it and pushing it back towards him

“Take it” his hand ran down the side of my face and raised my chin up



© 2011 ~enchanted~


Author's Note

~enchanted~
Im new to writing so ignore the grammar problems, and let me know what you think of it thanks! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is good but it needs revising. Keep on writing...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I forgot there was an actor named ryan gosling

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not really my genre but it was good. There are definitely a lot of grammar problems that can get pretty distracting. The descriptions did get a bit too detailed (you don't need to put exact height numbers in there, haha). I'd be a little more creative with the names *ahem* Ryan Gosling.
Other than those things it's coming along nicely. I can really feel the love she feels for Shane.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011


Author

~enchanted~
~enchanted~

fort myers, FL



Writing