Freedom

Freedom

A Story by Dark Angel
"

Short, Sweet and to the point. Hope you enjoy

"

My heart is pounding loudly. It's the only thing I hear. My breathing is fast and labored, my legs and lungs burn, my vision has gone blurry, the track under my pained feet is the only thing visible. But then it's no longer a track. Soft dirt littered with sharp rocks and protruding roots cut and trip my soft feet. A trail of my blood is followed by my assailent. Faster and faster I run, less and less ground I gain. My thick hair matted to my head, what little clothing I have is pasted to my skin, my vivid green eyes swelling with tears. The darkness surrounding me, trees closing in on me, my assailent gaining on me. Fear unfolds its cold fingers and grips my chest. My feet blunder on... thud, crackle, snap, thud, crackle, snap. In a blind terror, I bust through some underbrush and into a clearing and a cliff drop off. Frantically I look for a way back but my assailent is already there. I am pinned between cliff side and assailent, no place to run, no place to hide.

     A calm serenity takes hold of me. My heartbeat slows, my breathing shallow, my pain gone, my fear a memory. A cool breeze pushes against me, my sticky hair is swept aside, my clothes ripple slowly, my eyes as clear as the sky on a cloudless day. The moon shines brightly down on me, giving me a ghostly appearance, sticky skin glowing pale gray, my wet hair glistening brown, my green eyes roaring like an ocean. Tranquility makes me choose him or the cliff. Both lead to death but only one will give me my freedom. In slow motion, I fall backwards, deeper and deeper into oblivion. Wind rushes past me as gravity pulls me down, for a second I am flying, and in that second, I am free. And in that freedom, my chained, tortured soul lies to rest my no longer alive, pained body. I am free.

© 2010 Dark Angel


Author's Note

Dark Angel
Let me know if it's descriptive enough... I want you to feel like you are the one running. The assailant isn't the main part, getting away and becoming free is... and yes michael it was a dream and like all dreams that I have, I never saw the assailant...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The best feeling of fear is always the unknown. Most people are afraid of the dark not because it's dark, but because they don't know what lies inside. The assailant was meant to be just a shadowy figure. It's what captures the true meaning of fear- the assailant being unknown.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pretty cool, I haven't read a story like that in a while. Killing myself isn't something that has ever crossed my mind, but this gave me a whole new perspective, on will and freedom.

Very nice Dark!
Antonio


Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the description and feeling of fear. I could feel the emotion of running and desire to escape. Your description was very good. Just enough to keep the story flowing. It is a very good beginning. Please sent me a read request. I would be honor to read your words.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was great! It really does make u feel like you are the one running away from this assailent. But who is this assailent, and what did he look like?

Posted 14 Years Ago


That was amazing. It sounds very much like a dream. Was it? Even if it was, it's awesome and the descriptions were amazing. I jsut wish I could of known more about what the enemy was or how the person running to freedom looked like a bit more. Other than that, it was great ^_^ Good job, Taira!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2010
Last Updated on April 3, 2010

Author

Dark Angel
Dark Angel

Invisible, FL



About
Time to do another biography. I'm now 25 years old with a wonderful son. I still love writing but it has been a long time since I've had the ability, muse, and time of day to write lol. Between helpin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ I Smoke You ~ I Smoke You

A Poem by


`Kiss `Kiss

A Poem by Fran Marie


Sunshine Sunshine

A Poem by Elwina