Sorrow

Sorrow

A Poem by Magen Kumquat
"

I'm sorry.

"

Sorrow

        I'm deeply sorry for the trouble I've caused. I know you've waited for me and I have selfishly not shown up. I've left you waiting and I know that is wrong. I'm consumed by my pool of sadness, filled with my tears. I know I will not drown in my pool, as I float and look up into another day.

 

        I know that all humans make mistakes and I know that I myself have stumbled through the halls of life as everyone else had at some point. I know that what I say may have no meaning to you. After all, action speaks louder than words and emotion that are contained in another person. I cannot send you my thoughts, my feelings or even my desires. I am alone in this department.

 

        I come to beseech you for your forgiveness. I know that we are all busy and my schedule is of no exception. I know I've been on and off like a power switch but this is due to my changing world. Everyone's world changes bit by bit but as a college student, freshman mind you, I have even more steps I need to pass. Don't forget that I must learn to be self-sufficient and that in itself is a long green mile. While I may have mastery over time, I cannot control each and every event that may come at its leisure.

 

        Surely you may have some inkling of what I do but alas you know only of a small facade. While I may weep alone, the only one that truly knows myself, I must reach out and learn of a world beyond myself. There is a chance I might fall again, but all I ask for is hope. I've proven myself in the past, and this is just a hardship I'm dealing with. I'm not habitually lazy or even late during the summer. It is this change that strikes me down to size .In this way, I ask for forgiveness to atone my sinful action of being late. Is that such a hard thing to ask?

 

Magen Kumquat.

 

© 2009 Magen Kumquat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on September 21, 2009

Author

Magen Kumquat
Magen Kumquat

About
https://magenkumquat.wordpress.com/ more..

Writing
Rain Rain

A Poem by Magen Kumquat