Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Steven Norton

                “I’m going to the movies mom!” she yelled, “Be back by five!”

                “Natalia, be careful dear!” her mother called, “It looks like it’s about to rain soon.”

“OK, I will!” she called back as she swiftly walked out the door. She lived just down the street from the movie theater complex. A quick, five minute walk was all it took.

Her name is Natalia. She was wearing a light-green hooded sweatshirt, which she thought needed replacing. Her jeans came down below her heels of the black and white Converses she received for her birthday two days before, and were already beginning to tear her pant bottoms. It was fine though, she thought it was the style, and whatever Natalia thought was the style, she would wear that style. Her snow-white face was painted with a light dusting of freckles, and her red hair, long and wavy, was pulled into a fierce-looking ponytail. Spunky was a word adults often used when describing her. But compassionate would have fit her more aptly. She was fearless, with a mind as deep as the ocean and a razor-sharp wit. Despite this, and her fiery-red hair, she was one of the calmer students in all of her classes. She was best known for her voracious reading habits, obsessive love of the sea, and her uncanny ability to read a person- know what they’re really thinking or feeling.

Ok. Student tickets are six dollars and a bucket of popcorn is three seventy-five, She thought as she neared the ticket booth. I’ll just get the bag, I’m not that hungry. She anxiously looked back at her watch.

“Shoot!” she accidently yelled aloud. “I’m already missing the previews!” These previews were her favorite part of the cinemagic-adventures. She almost tripped as she rushed up to the Plexiglas window.

“One- one for- Disturbia please,” she panted.

Disturbia? You sure?” teased the guy.

“Oh stop it Jeffery. Just give me the ticket,” she replied in a playfully annoyed tone.

“Enjoy,” said Jeffrey, chuckling.

“See ya Monday.” He called after her, hoping to get her attention. She didn’t hear him. She was far too preoccupied thinking about getting the perfect seat in the theater.

 

 

The sun had already nestled itself behind the horizon when Natalia came out of the movie theater.

“Aw crap!” She exclaimed as she noticed the ever-darkening sky. “Time, time, time, time, time...”

She pulled out her cell phone from her back-left pants pocket with some difficulty and wondered if somehow her butt had gotten bigger. The digital backlight read 6:01. “Holy shh-! ...poo…”

It started to rain.

 



© 2010 Steven Norton


Author's Note

Steven Norton
*UNFINISHED

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on January 2, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2010


Author

Steven Norton
Steven Norton

Lexington, SC



About
Not so much a writer, but more of an "imagineer". more..

Writing