heartstrings...

heartstrings...

A Story by shiloh jennings
"

10:14pm June 4, 2006

"

please don't say "my heart has no strings" ..

when I talk about the term 'heartstrings' .. I don't mean the kind of "strings-attached" deal .. like a puppeteer w/ his marionette .. pulling the strings and guiding the movements of the doll ..

heartstrings are strands woven through the sands of time that connect us with those we love... like our parents or our children .. our friends.. even some mere acquaintances ..

when we talk about something "pulling on our heartstrings" .. it is meant that an event has caused us to reflect on those relationships we hold and that our emotions are being drawn to the surface..

some relationships have more than a strand between them, some have entire woven histories -- like my mother and I, I'd say there's an entire linen-closet woven between us .. some have stronger ties than others ..

but I wouldn't want to be anywhere without my heartstrings.. because these are not merely the connections between our loved ones, they are also the ropes that, when we've fallen over the cliffs of despair, act as safety lines to keep us from plummeting fully .. and allow us the opportunity to climb ourselves out ..

strangely enough, it is those whom we have knots in our heartstrings with .. those who we may have a strong bond, but where there is conflict (or, a knot) .. who may actually allow us the better passage to climb up from .. the knots being great hand-holds .. and sometimes using those particular heartstrings as a means of coming back from over-the-edge.. we will discover that the knots (or conflicts!) were less important as we once thought and the heartstring to that person is somehow stronger for the experience ...

© 2008 shiloh jennings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on July 20, 2008
Last Updated on July 20, 2008

Author

shiloh jennings
shiloh jennings

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada



About
~//:* I am me, no more, no less. *://~ The film has started. The first scene is of a young woman. She is tall, perhaps 5'10". Her long dark hair falls over her shoulders in a cascade of natural cur.. more..

Writing