Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 98

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 98

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Around one week goes by ever since Sotsona encountered her mother.

"
TW: This episode includes sensitive and distressing themes related to death and grief. It is recommended that viewers exercise caution and refrain from proceeding if they are unable to engage with such content. Viewer discretion is advised.

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 98: 


The day is June 22nd 2024*. It’s a Saturday.


*It is Adairius’ (Casimir’s father’s birthday), refer back to episode 85, details in between lines 8 and 9, etc.


Casimir and Sotsona get ready to visit his father’s grave, along with Celestyn and Zephryn.


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 1) Last Sunday, I met my mother for the first time in 4 months.


Line 2) I was filled with such confusion, not knowing how to maneuver the situation whatsoever.


Line 3) The next day, I went to work as per usual, letting what happened absorb within me a bit.


Line 4) For some reason, I remembered what that lady from the yacht in Palau said to me when we were speaking on the balcony.


Line 5) She told me that, “Whatever is meant to be will make it’s way to no matter what.”*


Line 6) After weighing out my options, I decided not to delay meeting my parents since I ran into my mother so suddenly. I think that our unexpected run-in might have something to do with fate.


*Refer back to episode 45, line 45.


Line 7) But, when I thought about how Casimir got upset when I slightly dismissed all that’s happened with us within 4 months, I thought of something else she had said to me.


Line 8) “You can ignore time. Or you can go along with it.”*


*Refer back to episode 95, line 95. 


Line 9) By implying that all we've been through seemed trivial, I was being insensitive.


Line 10) Sure, it’s only been 4 months, but it’s been the most life-changing 4 months of my life.


Line 11) I faced my fears, changed my beliefs, fell in love, and lived my life to its fullest.


Line 12) It happened fast, but I was anticipating something like this to happen for so long that I took it as it came into my life.


Line 13) And the biggest takeaway from these 4 months is Casimir.


Line 14) He’s the love of my life.


Line 15) We fell in love quickly, but what we feel for each other is authentic and pure.


Line 16) He helped me through a fluctuating period in my life, and I’m forever grateful for him.


Line 17) But suddenly, now that there is this new variable of me having the choice to factor in letting my parents back into my life...


Line 18) I don’t know what they’ll say, and I don’t know what will happen.


Line 19) But I can’t help but slightly yearn for them.


Line 20) If my mother acted so relieved and emotional to see me again…


Line 21) And if all she said about trying to locate me these past few months with my father is true…


Line 22) Then… haven’t they changed?


Line 23) Haven’t they learned their lesson on how much of an impact I make on their lives?


Line 24) I felt invisible, but now I suddenly feel seen by them.


Line 25) I guess it’s all a matter of whether or not it’s too late for us to mend things between us. I still don't know how I feel about this whole situation.


Line 26) I hesitantly called them this week, and we made plans to see each other Sunday, which is tomorrow.


Line 27) This time around, dad chimed in on the conversation when I was on the phone, calling mom.


Line 28) He acted the same way as mom did, feeling relieved by my reaching out and agreeing to see them.


Line 29) I don’t know what to expect from our meeting, but it’s something I shouldn’t prolong any further.


Line 30) Right now, I have to divert my attention elsewhere.


Line 31) Today is Casimir’s father’s, Adairus Ingram’s, 56th birthday.


Line 32) We all made plans to honor his legacy today together.


Sotsona gets changed into black clothes in their room.


Casimir knocks on the door, speaking loud enough on the other side for Sotsona to be able to hear him.


Casimir

Line 33) Can I come in?


Sotsona hears him and responds.


Sotsona

Line 34) Of course.


Casimir enters the room, noticing Sotsona’s attire.


He smiles at her amusingly.


Sotsona looks at him in confusion from his outfit.


Casimir is wearing a yellow suit.


Sotsona

Line 35) Are you cosplaying as b1g b1rd from Ses@me Str33t?


Casimir laughs.


Casimir

Line 36) I came in to tell you that the Adair family does things a little differently.


Casimir speaks in a sentimental manner.


Casimir

Line 37) Mom made it a tradition for us to only wear yellow when visiting dad’s grave.


Casimir

Line 38) She said that black symbolizes grief, and we want to remember his impact on the world, not his passing.


Casimir

Line 39) Yellow is associated with happiness and energy.


 Casimir

Line 40) As good as you look in black, please get changed.


Casimir hugs Sotsona from behind, speaking affectionately.


Casimir

Line 41) But it’s cute how you wanted to be respectful, sticking to traditions.


Sotsona squeezes him back.


Sotsona speaks in an agreeable tone.


Sotsona

Line 42) Well, if that’s how you guys roll, then I don’t have any objections.


Sotsona gets changed into a yellow dress.


They wait outside with a bouquet of flowers in hand for Zephryn and Celestyn to pick them up.


Zephryn and Celestyn arrive, picking them up to drive to the grave site.


They arrive to the grave site and head out of the car.


Celestyn holds cake, while Zephryn holds balloons and flowers.


They lead the way to where the grave is, finally arriving at the area.


Sotsona observes Adairius’ grave somberly.


Line 43) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Rest in Peace.


Line 44) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: To think that my fiance’s father is buried here feels so unreal.


Line 45) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I didn’t know what to expect coming here since it was my first time at a grave.


Line 46) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I feel so much anguish. Human lives are so fragile. 


Line 47) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It feels strange knowing that someone who was once living and breathing lays completely lifeless a few feet underground.


Line 48) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He was once a completely functioning person, living as a human, just like the rest of us.


Line 49) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I should be more grateful, I take so much for granted.


Line 50) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Mr. Ingram is present in old photos and videos, fond memories, his legacy, and much more. He has my utterly admiration.


Line 51) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s just upsetting to know that if he hadn’t passed away…


Line 52) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I would have been interacting with him just like I do with Zephryn.


Line 53) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Although he has passed, he is my in-law through and through.


Line 54) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’ll try my best to be a good daughter-in-law for his family. I owe it to him.


Casimir notices Sotsona’s somber expression.


He puts his arm over her shoulder, hugging her from the side affectionately.


Casimir

Line 55) I should’ve laid out some ground rules before we got here.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in a panic.


She speaks in an apologetic manner.


Sotsona

Line 56) I’m sorry. Did I do something wrong?


Zephryn consoles Sotsona.


Zephryn

Line 57) You did nothing wrong. Is this your first time coming to a grave?


Sotsona nods her head.


Zephryn

Line 58) Don’t worry about it, then. It’s just that when we’re all gathered to see him, we have these "rules,” I guess you could say.


Celestyn chimes into the conversation.


Celestyn

Line 59) Each of us promised that whenever we’d come all together to see him, we’d rather celebrate and be cheerful about our father’s impacts.


Celestyn

Line 60) We don’t want his grave to be associated with tragedy but rather fond memories to appreciate his existence.


Celestyn

Line 61) It’s easier for us to look at his passing in a more positive light rather than the grieving kind.


Celestyn

Line 62) Of course, we can’t help it when we’re upset…


Celestyn speaks in a happy tone.


Celestyn

Line 63) But we know that father would’ve wanted us to be optimistic, no matter what.


Celestyn

Line 64) That’s the kind of guy he was. And we’d rather think of things that way to relish his legacy. 


Sotsona smiles at all of them wholesomely.


Sotsona

Line 65) That’s a sweet way to put things.


Sotsona

Line 66) I’ll try not to ruin the mood, but I find myself looking at things from a different angle.


Zephryn speaks in a curious tone.


Zephryn

Line 67) Don’t hold it in. Let us know how you feel.


They all put the flowers on his grave and the balloons.


They sit on a picnic blanket near the grave with the cake.


Casimir hugs Sotsona from the side.


Casimir

Line 68) What are you thinking of right now?


Sotsona hesitates.


Everyone gives her a reassuring glance for her to open up about her feelings to them.


Sotsona speaks in a glum tone.


Sotsona

Line 69) It’s melancholic.


Sotsona

Line 70) Since you guys lost him when he was so young, I can’t help but think of it through that timeline.


Sotsona

Line 71) Imir was in middle school. Celestyn in high school. Ms. Adair in her thirties.



Sotsona

Line 72) You guys were babies, and I see you all that way now that we’re at your father’s grave.


Sotsona

Line 73) It just makes me imagine you all so young and how hard it must’ve been to lose someone so cherished and adored in your family.


Sotsona

Line 74) He was a wonderful person, and I’m so sorry that he’s gone.


Sotsona

Line 75) I offer my deepest and dearest sympathies.


Sotsona offers a sad smile to all of them, speaking in a tone of admiration.


Sotsona

Line 76) Now that you all are grown up, although I didn’t know him, I know that he’d be very proud of you guys.


Sotsona

Line 77) You all blossomed into yourselves, and it shows how much you guys have preserved.


Sotsona

Line 78) Knowing that you guys come here every now and then throughout the year and think of things through a positive perspective shows your resilience.


Sotsona

Line 79) It’s admirable and shows all the love in your hearts for him.


Sotsona

Line 80) Your guys' emotions towards that are palpable to me.


Sotsona

Line 81) You guys make me feel closer to you.


They all happily look at Sotsona, wholesomely smiling. 


Casimir rubs her shoulder, leaning in for a kiss on the cheek.


Casimir speaks in an appreciative manner.


Casimir

Line 82) Thank you for saying that.


Zephryn’s speaks in a sentimental manner.


Zephryn

Line 83) Adairus’ passing left a void in our hearts that I didn’t know could ever be mended.


Zephryn

Line 84) But, in my opinion, it’s been restored…


Zephryn

Line 85) Because of you, Sotsona.


Sotsona confusingly looks touched at Zephryn’s remark.


Zephryn speaks in a shameful manner.


Zephryn

Line 86) I’ll take responsibility for not knowing how to maneuver the situation once Adairus passed away.


Zephryn

Line 87) I caused awkward tension, not knowing how to properly look after my children once such an impactful person left their lives.


Zephryn

Line 88) I tried my best to alleviate those tensions by incorporating things like wearing yellow and being happier whenever we’d visit his grave.


Zephryn speaks touchingly.


Zephryn

Line 89) But none of those things helped as much as you did, Sotsona.


Zephryn

Line 90) You’re there for Casimir. And although you may not realize it, your presence alone has healed all of us.


Celestyn chimes into the conversation, speaking in a genuine manner


Celestyn

Line 91) Your warmth and friendliness rubbed off on all of us.


Celestyn

Line 92) We didn’t realize that something so simple was what we needed all along.


Celestyn

Line 93) You coming along to patch things up after all these years, has helped immensely.


Casimir speaks in an affectionate tone.


Casimir

Line 94) We’re turning over a new leaf.


Casimir

Line 95) This atmosphere you’ve welcomed us in is great.


Casimir

Line 96) We have you to thank for that.


Casimir

Line 97) Thank you for helping us heal…


Celestyn

Line 98) Thank you for mending our scars…


Zephryn

Line 99) And thank you for being you…


Zephryn speaks in a tone of delight.


Zephryn

Line 100) We all love you so much, Sotsona.


Zephryn

Line 101) We’re here for you, because we’re family.


Sotsona touchingly looks at all of them.


Casimir rubs her shoulders to console her.


Sotsona speaks in a sentimental manner.


Sotsona

Line 102) You guys give me way to much credit.



Sotsona

Line 103) I should be thanking you all for restoring an empty void in my heart.


Sotsona

Line 104) I didn’t have a good relationship with my family.


Sotsona

Line 105) Although things may be looking up now, I’m so grateful to know that I already have such a great family right in front of me.


Sotsona

Line 106) You guys helped me out a lot.


Sotsona

Line 107) I can blabber on for days about how much I have healed from this family.


Sotsona

Line 108) I’d just like for you all to know that I appreciate all of your company abundantly.


Sotsona

Line 109) Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.


They continue the celebration by cutting cake and hanging out with each other for the rest of the day.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammar issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on August 30, 2024
Last Updated on August 30, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing