Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 95

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 95

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Celestyn opens up to Sotsona about her side of the story while they go on a walk together.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 95: 


Sotsona asks Celestyn for her side of the story on her distant relationship with Casimir as they walk home with each other after their yoga session.


Celestyn looks intrigued at Sotsona.


Celestyn

Line 1) You want to know my side of the story?


Sotsona reassures Celestyn.


Sotsona 

Line 2) Of course. There are always two sides to everything. I want to get a better understanding of you if you don’t mind telling me.


Celestyn sighs before diving into the conversation.


Celestyn

Line 3) Casimir and I weren’t necessarily best friends before our father’s passing, but we got around with each other.


Celestyn

Line 4) You know how siblings are. There’s always this hidden rivalry between the two of you.


Sotsona

Line 5) Actually, I don’t. I’m an only child.


Celestyn thinks to herself, trying to find a way to explain the situation to Sotsona.


Celestyn

Line 5) Hmm. The best way I’d explain it is that you’re not exactly friends, just related by blood. So, you’re forced to have a friendship with them.


Celestyn

Line 6) On top of that, Casimir was always by our father’s side*.


*Refer back to episode 80, line 69.


Celestyn

Line 7) He stuck to him like glue. And it was obvious they had a better relationship than I could ever have with dad.


A wistful expression comes along Celestyn’s face.


Celestyn

Line 8) I guess I’m still jealous after all these years that they were closer to each other when he was still alive.


Celestyn

Line 9) But that’s more my fault. I stayed stagnant rather than making any advances to get closer to dad.


Sotsona halts in her tracks, turning to face Celestyn.


Celestyn looks at Sotsona in confusion.


Sotsona assertively places her hands on Celestyn’s shoulder, looking at her sentimentally.


Celestyn is caught off-guard by this gesture.


Sotsona speaks in a passionate manner.


Sotsona

Line 10) That’s not your fault, Celestyn.


Sotsona

Line 11) Don’t blame yourself for that.


Sotsona

Line 12) Your father was a busy person, which is why you never got the full attention you deserved.


Sotsona

Line 13) You were just a kid, Celestyn. Cut yourself some slack.


Celestyn lets out a relieving sigh.


They continue walking together.


Celestyn

Line 14) You scared me, grabbing me like that out of the blue.


Sotsona speaks in an apologetic manner.


Sotsona

Line 15) Sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you. I just wanted to make sure that you’re okay.


Celestyn smiles at Sotsona appreciatively.


Sotsona speaks sympathetically.


Sotsona

Line 16) I’m sorry you had to deal with that. You are worthy of the best.


Celestyn continues to explain herself.


Celestyn

Line 17) Other than that, there’s more to our strained relationship.


Celestyn

Line 18) Although I was jealous of Casimir because of his bond with dad, I still tried to be there for him, putting up this front that I was doing okay.


An expression of melancholy forms on Celestyn’s face as she speaks in a wistful manner.


Celestyn

Line 19) When, in reality, each day got worse, and it was harder to contain my envy.


Celestyn

Line 20) Casimir would always talk about dad, and it would get on my nerves.


Celestyn

Line 21) Around middle school is when dad became really busy with work.


Celestyn

Line 22) Which resulted in Casimir blabbering about dad tenfold and how he wished they could hang out some more.


Celestyn

Line 23) This rubbed me the wrong way because I felt like I deserved any spare time that dad had left in his busy schedule rather than Casimir since they already established a good bond with each other.


Celestyn

Line 24) In actuality, neither of us was able to get any spare time from him because he was just that busy.


Celestyn

Line 25) I think that’s when we started drifting away from each other, caught up in our own lives.


Celestyn

Line 26) When dad passed away, it was the final blow.


Celestyn

Line 27) I would never be able to get any sort of attention from him ever again.


Celestyn

Line 28) I put the blame on Casimir for that, thinking that he was at fault for hogging our dad all our lives, and now I’d never be able to spend time with him.


Sotsona looks at Celestyn sympathetically.


Celestyn

Line 29) Because of the way I felt, I completely distanced myself from Casimir.


Celestyn

Line 30) I feel guilty for doing that because I should’ve been there for him since all of us were mourning our father.


Celestyn

Line 31) However, I continued to instill our dynamics with each other, rather than doing anything about it.


Celestyn

Line 32) Again, I was still jealous. I know it was petty for me to think that way, but I couldn’t help it.


Celestyn

Line 33) Suddenly, when Casimir took my title as successor since he saved our company from bankruptcy, becoming CEO*…


*Refer back to episode 85, line 78.


Celestyn

Line 34) All that envy I had bottled up within me exploded into rage, and I started acting cold towards him.


Celestyn

Line 35) I feel iffy interacting with him this way since it’s been many years, but it’s habitual at this point, and I still hold a grudge against him; I can’t help it.


Sotsona stops them in their tracks again; however, this time around, she turns to hug Celestyn.


Celestyn looks caught off-guard, but hugs Sotsona back.


They pull back from each other, with Celestyn looks back at Sotsona judgingly.


She speaks in a smug manner.


Celestyn

Line 36) People like you are sly. You always make us confess to things we didn't intend to.


Sotsona looks at Celestyn consolingly.


Celestyn

Line 37) I hate confrontation and vulnerability. It makes me feel weak.


They continue walking with each other.


Sotsona speaks in a reassuring manner.


Sotsona

Line 38) You shouldn’t feel weak opening up about yourself. Try to get into the habit of embracing that. Trust me when I assure you that I’ll continue interacting with you the way we have been.


Celestyn looks at Sotsona appreciatively.


Sotsona

Line 39) I want you to be comfortable. Your decision to open up to me wasn't a mistake.


Sotsona speaks in an encouraging manner.


Sotsona

Line 40) Take a bit more pride in being the COO. You still hold a prestigious title for our company. 


Celestyn rolls her eyes in annoyance.


Celestyn

Line 41) Sure, I may be the COO, but I wasn’t good enough to be the CEO.


Celestyn speaks in a tone of disdain.


Celestyn

Line 42) There’s nothing prestigious about me.


Sotsona passionately defends Celestyn.


Sotsona

Line 43) Oh, come on. You heard what Imir said during dinner, right?


Sotsona

Line 44) He wouldn’t be able to operate Adair if it weren’t for you and the head staff*.


*Refer back to episode 92, line 47.


Sotsona speaks in a sentimental manner.


Sotsona

Line 45) Trust me when I say that he needs you and that you play an important part.


Celestyn speaks in a hopeless tone.


Celestyn

Line 46) Still, I feel like a failure. On top of Casimir simply getting everything handed to him in life…


Celestyn releases her anger, shouting in the middle of the streets.


Celestyn

Line 47) He’s also getting married earlier than me!


Celestyn

Line 48) He has everything I don’t! Even a successful love life!


Celestyn

Line 49) I can barely make a simple relationship last!


Sotsona tries to console Celestyn, calming her down.


Sotsona

Line 50) I think the issue is that you keep comparing yourself to him.


Sotsona

Line 51) You have to realize that you’re two completely different people.


Sotsona

Line 52) People are on different wavelengths. Different paths. Different levels.


Sotsona

Line 53) Just because someone is “ahead of you,” doesn’t mean they’re better.


Sotsona

Line 54) The only person you should be comparing yourself to is yourself.


Sotsona

Line 55) Are you growing into the person you want to become?


Sotsona speaks in a manner of saccharine.


Sotsona

Line 56) For the longest time, I’ve been waiting to become the person I’ve always wanted to be.


Sotsona

Line 57) That wasn’t until I took matters into my own hands that something actually happened.


Sotsona

Line 58) I was so sick of waiting for a miracle to occur.


Sotsona

Line 59) I had to get up and realize that I was worth getting what I deserved.


Sotsona

Line 60) If I didn’t realize that then, I wouldn’t be where I am today.


Sotsona speaks in a grateful tone.


Sotsona

Line 61) Of course, I have it easier compared to others who are on this journey.


Sotsona speaks in a stubborn tone.


Sotsona

Line 62) But, I’m keeping myself humble by not letting myself enjoy things I didn’t work to get.


Sotsona

Line 63) I must discipline myself one way or another, and this is how I’m doing it.


Sotsona

Line 64) So, I suggest that you focus on yourself too.


Sotsona

Line 65) Obviously, something like that is easier said than done.


Sotsona

Line 66) But, with hard work and patience, I’m certain everything will pay off.


Sotsona

Line 67) It may seem like Casimir had everything in life handed to him, but in my opinion, I disagree.


Sotsona

Line 68) He worked hard to become CEO and was able to save the company at the end of the day.


Sotsona

Line 69) Imagine how much pressure he had to endure taking up such a big title and having the fate of the company lie on his shoulders.


Sotsona

Line 70) That’s not an easy thing to do at all. But, he preserved.


Celestyn playfully rolls her eyes.


Celestyn

Line 71) I knew you’d take his side.


Sotsona chuckles, sensing Celestyn’s joke.


Celestyn

Line 72) I’m just kidding. I know what you mean.


Celestyn sighs, speaking in a contemplative manner.


Celestyn

Line 73) You’ve brought up something that I have been putting aside for a while. 


Celestyn

Line 74) I guess I needed some sign from the universe to push me.


Celestyn

Line 75) And since you brought it up so naturally, I guess that’s my wake-up call to reality.


Celestyn releases an exhausting sigh.


She speaks in a genuine tone.


Celestyn

Line 76) I’m gonna try and mend my relationship with Casimir.


Celestyn

Line 77) It’s not his fault that he got everything I wanted.


Celestyn

Line 78) He earned his spot and I shouldn’t resent him for that.


Celestyn smiles at Sotsona, feeling thankful.


Celestyn

Line 79) Thank you for bringing it up.


Sotsona

Line 80) You should be thanking yourself. It's you who’ll be putting in effort.


Celestyn

Line 81) That too, but you brought it up.


Celestyn

Line 82) You’re really patching things up in our family.


Celestyn speaks in a considerate tone.


Celestyn

Line 83) Thank you for that. We’ve been in need for someone for so long.


Sotsona smiles, feeling flattered.


Sotsona

Line 84) You give me way too much credit.


The finally arrive home.


Celestyn bids her goodbyes with Sotsona before she walks into Casimir’s place.


Celestyn

Line 85) That walk went by quicker than I thought it would.


Sotsona speaks in a thoughtful manner.


Sotsona

Line 86) I’m glad you decided to walk with me.


Sotsona

Line 87) I had a good time talking with you.


Celestyn

Line 88) We should do this more often.


Sotsona speaks in a cheerful manner.


Sotsona

Line 89) I’d love that.


Celestyn speaks in a playful tone.


Celestyn

Line 90) I’m pretty sure short man is mad that I kept you out of the house for so long, so I'll make haste.


Celestyn

Line 91) Have a goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow.


Sotsona

Line 92) Alright, boss. See you tomorrow.


They wave each other off.


Sotsona enters the house.


Casimir pounces on her, embracing her in a tight hug.


Sotsona is caught off-guard by this gesture.


Casimir speaks in a yearnful tone.


Casimir

Line 93) You were gone for so long. Please don’t make that a recurring habit.


Sotsona

Line 94) Alright, I won’t. What were you doing when I was gone?


Casimir looks at Sotsona with puppy dog eyes.


Casimir

Line 95) Waiting till you got back.


Sotsona

Line 96) You sound like a puppy. Busy yourself with something.


Casimir

Line 97) I can’t. Everything I do reminds me of you.


Sotsona playfully rolls her eyes and hugs Casimir.


Line 98) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I really hope that Celestyn and Casimir can become great siblings to each other.


Line 99) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m sure they’ll realize sooner or later how much they need each other.


Line 100) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Maybe Celestyn will bounce back and reclaim her title as CEO?


Line 101) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: After all, it is her rightful placement.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on August 29, 2024
Last Updated on August 29, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing