Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 84

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 84

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Who was behind, and what was the motive for murdering Adairius?

"

TW: This episode includes sensitive, distressing, and traumatizing themes related to death, murder, violence, bloodshed, racism, hate crime, gun violence, etc. It is recommended that viewers exercise caution and refrain from proceeding if they are unable to engage with such content. Viewer discretion is advised.


Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.


Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 84: 


Zephryn is at a detainment center where she waits for the culprit to be brought forward, speaking in an interrogation room with the detective for her case.


She looks at the cop depressingly while he walks out, handcuffed and seated for questioning in an orange suit.


The detective begins the interrogation session, speaking in an assertive voice and looking at the cop with disdain all over his eyes.


Detective

Line 1) Just to disclaim, everything is being recorded.


Detective

Line 2) You must answer everything truthfully. Anything you say can or will be used against you.


The culprit stays silent.


Detective

Line 3) I wouldn’t stay silent if I were you.


Detective

Line 4) You’re guilty whether you like it or not. We need an explanation from you.


Detective

Line 5) Tell us why you murdered an innocent person.


The culprit breathes in deeply before speaking.


He gives the detective a death stare, speaking in a cocky voice.


Culprit

Line 6) I was simply exercising my civic duty as a cop.


Culprit

Line 7) The supposed “victim” I shot that you so willingly plead as innocent is not as innocent as you think.


Zephryn clenches her fists in frustration.


The detective speaks in a dismissive manner.


Detective

Line 8) I wouldn’t go making such serious accusations in your position. Where’s your proof?


The culprit speaks in a stubborn tone.


Culprit

Line 9) Haven’t you already looked up his records? Didn’t you read through everything?


The detective stays silent.


The culprit speaks in a snarky manner.


Culprit

Line 10) What kind of a detective are you? Look up his records and see what’s written there for yourself.


The detective speaks in a demanding tone.


Detective

Line 11) Whether his records are clean or not is not what matters right now.


Detective

Line 12) You brutally murdered a civilian who posed no threat whatsoever to the world. That’s already been proven from the bullet fragments of the gun you used.


Detective

Line 13) The gun is registered under your name. Our highly skilled forensics team was able to conclude that. 


The detective speaks in a disgusted manner.


Detective

Line 14) Don’t try to wiggle yourself out of the situation by placing the blame on a victim.


Detective

Line 15) I asked you what your side of the story is.


The culprit defends himself, speaking in a arrogant tone.


Culprit

Line 16) I mentioned that to give you context, which you so obviously needed.


Zephryn looks at the culprit in fury.


The culprit makes eye contact with her, glancing at her disgustingly.


Zephryn’s nails dig into her palm, feeling immense frustration.


She clenches her teeth, giving him a death stare.


Culprit

Line 17) Some time ago we had arrested a man who robbed a bank.


Culprit

Line 18) However, the man said it wasn’t something he plotted alone.


Culprit

Line 19) He said that THIS guy was a part of it. Adairius, Ingram.


Culprit

Line 20) Therefore, I’ve kept my eye out for him ever since by studying his records and the way his face looks.


Culprit

Line 21) I was patrolling around a neighborhood one day and conveniently spotted him.


Culprit

Line 22) The moment he faced me, I knew it was him and immediately pulled the trigger of my gun to shoot him without any hesitations.


Zephryn covers her mouth, feeling miserable by the news.


Culprit

Line 23) It looked like he was about to attack me, so it was also for self-defense when you think about it.


The detective speaks in an impolite tone, feeling fed up by this interrogation.


Detective

Line 24) That’s it?


The culprit nods his head.


Zephryn furiously takes in what the culprit said.


Line 25) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: He pleads it was self-defense?!


Line 26) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: That’s bullshit! What a pathetic excuse!


Line 27) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: He’s trying to make himself look like the savior when it’s so obvious he’s the bad guy.


Line 28) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: He’s scum! A murderer! A criminal!


The detective speaks in a tone of repulsion. 


Detective

Line 29) Is what I am hearing that you so recklessly took the words of someone with whom Adairius was supposedly affiliated and then decided to brutally murder him because it seemed like he was going to attack you?


The culprit nods his head.


Detective

Line 30) You realize how ridiculous that sounds, right? It’s like you’re not even trying to plead your case.


The culprit defends himself passionately.


Culprit

Line 31) My reasons for shooting that man are completely justified. Ask the person we arrested who robbed the bank if you don’t believe me.


The detective rubs his temples, feeling fed up.


Detective

Line 32) We've heard enough from you. Guards? Take him away.


The guards apprehend the culprit, leading him back to his cell.


The detective walks out of the interrogation room and approaches Zephryn.


He speaks in an apologetic manner.


Detective

Line 33) I’m sorry you had to hear that nonsense.


Detective

Line 34) But, as a detective, I can’t overlook some of the details he mentioned, like about the guy who robbed the bank.


Detective

Line 35) I’ll unfortunately have to speak with him about what the culprit is pleading.


Zephryn speaks in a reassuring voice.


Zephryn

Line 36) I know you’re just doing your job. I appreciate you for trying to look out for me.


The detective smiles at Zephryn bittersweetly.


They call out the person who robbed the bank for questioning in the interrogation room.


He gets seated down with the detective, and they get started on the session.


The detective shows the criminal a photo of Adairius.


He speaks in a curious tone, wanting to get to the bottom of this case.


Detective

Line 37) Do you recognize this person?


The criminal clicks his tongue and slightly smirks.


Criminal

Line 38) How could I forget this pretty boy?


The detectives face engulfs an expression of aversion.


Detective

Line 39) Don’t be disrespectful. He recently passed away.


The criminal looks sarcastically shocked at the detective.


Criminal

Line 40) Really? I knew that all he did would eventually catch up to him one day.


The detective speaks in a skeptical tone.


Detective

Line 41) What do you mean?


The criminal speaks in a jealous manner.


Criminal

Line 42) He’s a greedy traitor.


Criminal

Line 43) He should’ve known better than to mess with me.


The detective speaks in an impatient tone.


Detective

Line 44) Get to the point. What exactly did he do?


The criminal speaks in harsh voice.


Criminal

Line 45) Well, he’s not so innocent compared to me, so there’s no need for all this belittling.


Criminal

Line 46) Back in the day, him and his squad would steal from a store along with mine.


Criminal

Line 47) The cops caught us one day, and I thought he would help my group out when the cops were running after us.


Criminal

Line 48) They hopped over a gate before us, and while I was expecting for him to reach out his hand to help us, he just stared at us as he ran away.


The criminal speaks in a grudgeful tone.


Criminal

Line 49) Me and my boys got locked up for 6 months just because he didn’t help us.


The criminal speaks in a sneering manner.


Criminal

Line 50) Then, many years later, one of my pals mentioned that he’s some big-shot CEO now making a living for himself.


Criminal

Line 51) Pretty wife, two kids.


Criminal

Line 52) He flipped his life around and got himself out of the hood.


The criminal clutches his fists, feeling frustrated.


Criminal

Line 53) I hated hearing that.


Criminal

Line 54) How could someone who betrayed me live better than me?


Criminal

Line 55) As we were planning our next robbery and then got caught,  I remembered his stupid face and decided to mention him to the cops who arrested us.


A sinister expression engulfs the criminal’s face.


Criminal

Line 56) Hoping that he would be dragged down back to where he started.


Criminal

Line 57) If I’m going down, I’m taking him with me.


Criminal

Line 58) He needed to be humbled and reminded on who’s boss.


Criminal

Line 59) Karma’s a b***h, they say. He got exactly what he deserved.


Watching the interrogation session on the other side of the glass frame, Zephryn slams it furiously.


The criminal locks eyes with her, giving her a cocky smirk.


Criminal

Line 60) That must be his pretty wife, huh?


The detective signals for the guards to detain the criminal.


The criminal leaves, and the detective exits the room.


He walks out, hanging his head low in shame.


Zephryn speaks in a betrayed voice.


Zephryn

Line 61) Don’t tell me you believe him?


The detective speaks in a reassuring manner.


Detective

Line 62) I never said that. Again, it’s just my job to factor in what the suspects and witnesses have to say about a case.


Zephryn’s eyes glisten in defeat, feeling let down.


Zephryn

Line 63) Say the truth. You think my husband’s guilty, huh?


Detective

Line 64) I don’t think he’s guilty. I just think he’s had a complicated past that caused a lot of begrudging enemies to procure along the way.


Detective

Line 65) Is there anything you can tell us about your husband’s past?


Zephryn stays silent.


Line 66) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: Adairius never opened up about those things with me, no matter how much I asked. He would allude to things in the past before, but he never explicitly told me the whole story.


Line 67) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: I stopped prying about it after a while because he seemed to have cruel memories of those times. It's something he wanted to leave behind for himself.


Line 68) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: That doesn’t mean he’s a bad person.


Line 69) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: He’s not like that. I know him better than anyone else.


Detective

Line 70) I’ll check his records, and you can have a look for yourself at what’s been tracked.


The detective pulls up Adairius’ records and shows them to Zephryn.


The both of them look at the records in shock, noticing that Adairius did have a criminalistic past.


Zephryn speaks in a tone of disbelief.


Zephryn

Line 71) Are you sure that all of this is factual?


The detective speaks in a shameful manner.


Detective

Line 72) Yes, these are his official records.


Line 73) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: I guess this is the past he didn’t want anything to do with.


Line 74) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: That must be why he kept everything hidden from me.


The detective speaks in a reassuring voice.


Detective

Line 75) It doesn’t necessarily dictate anything in our case.


Detective

Line 76) If he was able to start his life up for the better, then that just goes to show that he learned from his mistakes.


Detective

Line 77) It only makes him even more of an inspiration to others. He was able to build a living for himself.


Zephryn’s eyes accumulate tears.


The detective tries to console her.


Detective

Line 78) He started a business from the ground up. Found love and gave life to two humans.


Detective

Line 79) He flipped his life around despite his harsh past.


Detective

Line 80) We all have a few skeletons in our closets.


Detective

Line 81) That doesn’t take away from the fact that he was still murdered as an innocent civilian.


The detective speaks in a certain voice.


Detective

Line 82) Because of that, we WILL have the culprit face proper charges.


Detective

Line 83) He’ll regret what he did.


A couple more days go by, and family members and friends gather around for Adairius’ funeral.


Each visitor goes up to his coffin, placing flowers and offering condolences.


Zephryn’s narration:


Line 84) Adairius, Ingram. My lovely husband and father to my children…


Line 85) Was put to rest on a rainy gloomy day.


Line 86) I’ll never forget the look on my children’s faces.


Line 87) Knowing the inevitable truth that their father would never be back in their lives.


*Shot cuts back to the present day as Casimir explains everything to Sotsona at their spot.


The day is June 7th 2024. It’s Friday nighttime.


Sotsona looks at Casimir sadly, feeling deeply sympathetic.


Casimir leans on Sotsona’s shoulder, speaking in a somber manner as unresolved tears stream down his face.


Casimir

Line 88) Due to business, we had to keep the case on the down low, wanting to keep the company's image clean. 


Casimir

Line 89) My father always prioritized work, so I suppose he would’ve wanted it that way. But, to pay homage to him, we changed the company’s name to his. That’s why it’s called Adair.



Casimir

Line 90) Since we represented the company, mom made us change our names. I used to be known as Casimir Ignram. But, after my father’s death, I became Casimir Adair. We wanted to keep Adair to represent his legacy, showing that we appreciate all he sacrificed for us.


Casimir speaks in an unforgiving manner.


Casimir

Line 91) The story the criminal spun around about my dad robbing a place when he lived in his neighborhood ended up being false*. The culprit and criminal lied to frame my dad. 


*Refer back to line 46 of this episode, etc.


Casimir

Line 92) Remember how I mentioned that since my dad flipped his life around, people became jealous*?


*Refer back to episode 80, lines 75 and 76, etc.


Sotsona sadly nods her head.


Casimir

Line 93) His enemies tainted his records, making it look like he had a criminalistic past when he was completely innocent.


Casimir

Line 94) They did that on purpose to make it look like they were taking out a criminal when he had nothing to do with what they claimed he did from the start.


Casimir

Line 95) My mother and the investigator detecting her case got to the bottom of that. She felt it in her bones that my father was set up.


Casimir

Line 96) Luckily, we got to the bottom of everything, or else none of us would have known the truth.


Casimir speaks in a resentful manner.


Casimir

Line 97) The culprit that ended my father’s life got a life sentence. They gave him a light punishment. He should’ve gotten worse.


Casimir

Line 98) Everyone else who was affiliated, wanting to bring my father down, didn’t leave unpunished. They suffered the consequences of their actions. My mother made sure of it. They know twice than to mess with our family again. 


Casimir

Line 99) Justice fortunately prevailed for us. It was a miracle that they listened to my mother since she’s a woman of color. It’s a shame that others who have suffered the same tragedy as us can’t say the same.


Casimir

Line 100) But no amount of justice will ever bring my father back. The situation should’ve never occurred in the first place.


Casimir

Line 101) I remember having a heart-to-heart with my mother once. She spoke resentfully of dad. Saying that she wished he had told her about his past, thinking that this situation could’ve been avoided if he had opened up to her about it.


Casimir

Line 102) Ever since then, she’s been very protective of us. Wanting to maintain the promise she had kept with my father*.


*Refer back to episode 82, line 62.


Casimir

Line 103) We moved out of the house since living there reminded us of that traumatic night. Mom kept all of dad’s belongings. 


Casimir

Line 104) No matter what we did, things were never the same. But we had to continue living our lives.



End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammar issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on August 23, 2024
Last Updated on August 23, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing