Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 83

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 83

A Chapter by Yosh
"

The family grieves Adairius' loss.

"

TW: This episode includes sensitive, distressing, and traumatizing themes related to death, murder, violence, bloodshed, racism, hate crime, gun violence, etc. It is recommended that viewers exercise caution and refrain from proceeding if they are unable to engage with such content. Viewer discretion is advised.

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 83: 


The day is October 16th, 2011. It’s a sunday.


The ambulance finally comes and a detective investigates the crime scene.


They escort Zephryn, Celestyn, and Casimir to another room, getting them checked up on.


The detective feels Adairius’ pulse, finding no signal of life.


The criminologist takes pictures of the crime scene, putting caution tape to restrict the area.


The other emergency workers look at each other in disappointment, shaking their heads sadly in from the loss.


They cover Adairius’ body with a white sheet.


The emergency workers exit, along with the detective, to the room where the rest of the family resides.


The detective approaches Zephryn, observing her sadly sitting on a couch, covered with a blanket, still dressed in her bloody nightgown. 


Zephryn stands up when she sees the detective, eager to hear what’s happened with her husband.


The detective sadly look at her.


Zephryn looks at the detective with lifeless eyes.


She shakes her head no in denial.


The detective speaks in an apologetic tone.


Detective

Line 1) I’m sorry for your loss, ma’am.


Zephryn’s voice trembles.


Zephryn

Line 2) N-No. I-I don’t believe you.


Detective

Line 3) He’s gone. The bullets penetrated through his body deeply. He suffered massive blood loss. I’m so sorry.


Zephryn falls to her knees in disbelief.


She wails, crouching at the feet of the detective.


The detective looks at Zephryn in misery.


Casimir and Celestyn look at their mother in horrified shock.


Casimir’s heart drops to his stomach.


He starts trembling immensely, processing the situation in disbelief.


Line 4) Casimir’s inner thoughts: H-He’s dead?!


Casimir starts breathing sporadically.


He places his hand on his chest in agony.


Line 5) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I can’t breath.


Line 6) Casimir’s inner thoughts: There’s no way my dad’s dead.


The emergency workers notice Casimir struggling to comprehend the news.


Celestyn freezes in place, processing the situation in shock, her eyes bulging out of their sockets.


Casimir continues to struggle breathing.


The emergency workers looks for a first aid kit to locate a paper bag.


They immediately hand it to Casimir, and position it to his nose and mouth.


Worker

Line 7) Breath, kid. Inhale and exhale deeply.


Tears form in Casimir’s eyes, and he starts sobbing intensely, trying to catch his breath.


Celestyn observes her brother’s suffering and can’t contain her tears any longer.


She buries her face into her hands, letting her tears stream down her face.


Casimir’s narration:


Line 8) It was a horrible day. By far the worst I’ve ever lived through.


Line 9) My sweet, innocent father’s life had sadly come to an end.


Line 10) Leaving my heartbroken mother all on her own, raising two kids.


Line 11) Our lives where never the same after that.


*Shot cuts to a couple of days after the incident, and Zephryn is at a forensics center.


The team conducts an investigation to locate the murderer of Zephryn’s husband.


Zephryn looks from outside the glass cutout to see her lifeless husband lying, ready to be operated on to get the bullets out of his chest.


She watches the forensics team cut into her husband’s chest, trying to get the bullet fragments out.


Zephryn releases a depressing sigh.


The surgery is concluded, and they clean up the bullet fragments.


They invite Zephryn to take part in the investigation, looking closer at the bullet fragments to find out which gun they’re from.


Forensics

Line 12) These bullet fragments belong to a specific gun that only a police officer would use on duty.


Forensics

Line 13) You mentioned you witnessed a cop*. We have to identify the police officer who registered the gun.


*Refer back to episode 82, details in between lines 64 and 65.


Forensics

Line 14) From there, we’ll be able to locate the culprit.


Forensics

Line 15) He’ll be arrested, and the courts will decide his sentence.


The forensics team speak in reassuring voices.


Forensics

Line 16) You’re in good hands. We’ll be able to find this person in no time.


Forensics

Line 17) Justice will prevail. We won’t let you down.


Zephryn stares at the forensics team miserably.


She speaks in a gloomy tone.


Zephryn

Line 18) I don’t care what you guys do… 


Zephryn

Line 19) Just find the person who murdered my husband and make him pay for what he did.


Zeprhyn speaks in an assertive voice.


Zephryn

Line 20) No mercy.


The forensics team sadly nod their heads, understanding the grief Zephryn must be feeling.


Forensics

Line 21) Other than that, we’ll keep you updated.


Zephryn hesitates before asking her next question.


Zephryn

Line 22) May I see him? And have some time alone?


Forensics

Line 23) Of course. Take all the time you need.


The forensics team escort Zephryn to the room her husband is in and excuse themselves.


Zephryn approaches her lifeless husband’s body.


She bursts into tears the second she gets a glimpse of his face.


She grabs ahold of his hand and buries her face in it, crying harder from the stiff position his hand is stuck in, anticipating a tender touch.


Zephryn’s narration:


Line 24) My poor, dear husband.


Line 25) The love of my life.


Line 26) Never in a million years would I have imagined looming over your dead body so early on in our lives.


Line 27) How quickly the trajectory of our lives have changed within a couple days.


Line 28) To think that less than a week ago, you were alive and breathing…


Line 29) And now you’re laying here lifelessly, looking gray.


Line 30) Get up again.


Line 31) Open your eyes.


Line 32) Say that this is all some sort of sick prank.


Line 33) I’ll accept anything, just don’t be dead, please.


Line 34) I can’t live without you.


Line 35) You’re my oxygen.


Line 36) How am I supposed to breath without air?


Line 37) We were supposed to go on a trip.


Line 38) You said China*. I heard you. Those were your last words.


*Refer back to episode 82, line 64.


Line 39) I’ll never forget that’s the last thing you said to me.


Line 40) Casimir wanted to be with you.


Line 41) You guys never kissed each other goodnight.


Line 42) How am I supposed to explain to them that you’re no longer alive?


Line 43) That their happy-go-lucky father is no longer a part of this world?


Line 44) There’s so much you still have to do.


Line 45) Come back to me.


Line 46) Come back to us.


Line 47) I need you.


Line 48) They need you.


She hugs Adairius’ lifeless body and kisses his cheek.


Zephryn arrives home to the kids.


She walks through the empty living room, kicking her shoes off carelessly, not batting an eye on where they land.


Line 49) Zephryn’s inner thoughts: It’s never been this quiet at home.


Zephryn makes her way to the kids’ room hallway.


She knocks on Casimir’s bedroom door.


Casimir stays silent. 


Zephryn places her hand on the door handle, noticing that the door is open.


She lets herself in, spotting Casimir under his bed’s covers.


She sighs before approaching Casimir.


She crouches to his level, finds his head under the covers.


She gently caresses it under the sheet.


She speaks in an affectionate voice, trying to lighten-up the mood.


Zephryn

Line 50) Hey there, buddy. 


Zephryn

Line 51) Did you eat something?


Casimir speaks in a muffled voice.


Casimir

Line 52) I’m not hungry.


Zephryn

Line 53) Me neither. Let’s just try to eat by the end of the day. How does that sound?


Casimir stays silent.


Zephryn speaks in a curious tone.


Zephryn

Line 54) Have you and Celestyn talked at all these past few days?


Casimir continues to stay silent.


Zephryn

Line 55) Try to be there for each other.


Zephryn

Line 56) You guys need to look out for each other.


Zephryn speaks in a genuine manner.


Zephryn

Line 57) I’ll try my best to be there for you guys and look after you too.


Zephryn gets up to leave, making her way to Casimir’s door.


Zephryn

Line 58) I know you want to be alone, but I would prefer it if all of us could be with each other.


Zephryn

Line 59) If you change your mind and want some company, swing by my room.


Zephryn speaks in a bittersweet tone.


Zephryn

Line 60) I love you, Casimir.


Zephryn exits the room, shutting Casimir’s door.


Casimir cries under his covers.


Zephryn enters Celestyn’s room, finding her tidying up her room.


Zephryn smiles at her bittersweetly.


She speaks in a curious tone.


Zephryn

Line 61) What are you up to?


Celestyn

Line 62) I’m trying to keep myself busy.


Zephryn nods her head in understandment.


Celestyn speaks in an apprehensive manner.


Celestyn

Line 63) Did you just get back from the lab?


Zephryn nods her head sadly.


Celestyn hesitates before asking her question.


Celestyn

Line 64) What did they say?


Zephryn

Line 65) They’re doing everything they can to find the culprit.


Zephryn

Line 66) They’re going to keep us updated.


Celestyn sighs in frustration.


Zephryn walks toward her, embracing her into a tight hug.


Zephryn

Line 67) I’ll get to the bottom of it. I promise.


Celestyn hugs her mother back tightly.


Zephryn

Line 68) Whoever did this won’t get away.


Celestyn tears up while hugging her mother.


Zephryn pulls back, wiping her daughter’s tears. 


She kisses her cheek affectionately.


Zephryn

Line 69) You feel frail. Try to eat something today. Anything you like.


Zephryn speaks in a desperate tone.


Zephryn

Line 70) Try to look out for Casimir too, Celestyn.


Zephryn

Line 71) He really needs his big sister right now.


Zephryn walks out of the room.


Zephryn

Line 72) If you get lonely, come cuddle in my room.


Zephryn speaks in a caring tone.


Zephryn

Line 73) I love you, sweetie.


She makes her way to her room, plopping on the bed carelessly.


She sits back up, observing the area where the crime scene happened.


Zephryn’s narration:


Line 74) Fully cleansed. Not a speck of blood in sight. It’s like it never happened in the first place.


Line 75) I wish that really were the case and that all of this is just a bad dream.


Zephryn rubs her head in distress.


Line 76) I keep getting flashbacks to that day.


Line 77) Having you take your last breath in my arms.


Line 78) The bullets aggressively entering your chest.


Line 79) The bedroom window being shattered abruptly.


Line 80) I wish I was given a heads up.


Line 81) So that I could at least prepare the last things I wanted to say to you.


Line 82) I wish I could’ve recounted our wedding vows.


Line 83) I would’ve told you how much you saved me…


Line 84) How glad I am that you entered my life…


Line 85) How much I’m still so madly in love with you…


Zephryn breaks down into tears.


Line 86) I miss everything about you.


Line 87) Even though I found some of your business plans utterly unbearable to sit through…


Line 88) I’d give anything even if it would be just for you to talk about that.


Line 89) It should have been me.


Zephryn scrunches her bedsheets in frustration, continuing to sob in sorrow.


Line 90) I would have gladly taken those bullets for you.


Line 91) Why weren’t my reflex skills that on point?


Line 92) If it meant I could spare your life, I would do it in a heartbeat.


Line 93) I love you, Adairius. I’ll never be able to get over you.


Celestyn and Casimir shyly enter Zephryn’s room.


They observe her crying.


They rush over to her, embracing each other into a warm group hug.


Line 94) I’ll keep my promise. I’ll be there for the kids*.


*Refer back to episode 82, line 62.


Line 95) I’ll give them everything you wished to give them.


Line 96) Be there for them the way you wished to be there.


Line 97) I’ll devote my whole life into keeping them happy.


Line 98) I’ll do everything I can to compensate an absent father.


Line 99) I won’t ever be able to fill your shoes…


Line 100) But if I can at least make them smile again, I’ll do anything I can.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammar issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on August 23, 2024
Last Updated on August 23, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing