Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 59

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 59

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir and Sotsona go about the rest of their vacation after officially declaring to date each other for real.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 59:


February 29th 2024. The day is Thursday. It’s the evening.  


Sotsona and Casimir head back to their hotel and unwind.


Both of them get ready to head to bed and sleep.


Before Casimir gets tucked into bed, he talks with Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 1) I had a really nice time with you.


Sotsona looks over at Casimir and smiles at him.


Sotsona

Line 2) I had a great time with you too.


Casimir

Line 3) Was it a good first date for you?


Sotsona happily assures Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 4) Of course, it was. I wouldn’t have wanted it to play out any other way.


Casimir begins to feel tingly on the inside.


Casimir

Line 5) I’m glad to hear that. I had a good first date with you too.


They smile warmly at each other.


Casimir

Line 6) Well, I’m going to bed. Do you mind if I turn off the lights?


Sotsona shakes her head no, and Casimir turns off the lights.


The both of them get tucked into their own beds.


Casimir

Line 7) Good night, Ona. Sweet dreams.


Sotsona blushes.


Line 7) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Right. He’ll be calling me by my nickname from here on out. I should get used to calling him by his too.


Sotsona

Line 8) Good night, Imir. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.


Casimir blushes hearing Sotsona call him by his nickname.


They face opposite directions in their beds and try to go to sleep.


After some time passes the both of them are still wide awake, wanting to sleep beside each other.


Line 9) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I feel like it’s too early to ask him if we could sleep by each other’s side.


Line 10) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Although, it’s something we’ve done before, it’s different now that we’re in an official relationship.


Line 11) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I want to lay beside him. But, it’s out of line since we just started dating as of today.


*Shot cuts to Casimir twirling his hair in bed, struggling to sleep.


Line 12) Casimir’s inner thoughts: It would be problematic to ask for her to sleep beside me.


Line 13) Casimir’s inner thoughts: But, why is it something I want to do so badly?


Line 14) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I can wait. The timing isn’t right. We just started dating less than an hour ago.


Line 15) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Be patient, Casimir. Don’t rush things between you guys.


They eventually nod off to sleep and the next morning rolls around.


March 1st 2024. The day is Friday. It’s the morning.


Sotsona and Casimir get up and do their daily routines. 


They stop by a cafe to eat breakfast with each other.


Seated at a table, they scrim the cafe’s menu, looking for something to order.


The both of them shyly glance at each other through the top of their menus.


Casimir

Line 16) How are you doing on this fine morning?


They smile at each other.


Sotsona

Line 17) I’m doing great. Can you believe it’s already March?


Casimir gets hit with a wave of realization.


Casimir

Line 18) Oh, that’s right. Today’s the first day of the month.


Casimir shakes his head in disbelief.


Casimir

Line 19) We’re already 2 months into the new year. Time has been going by so quickly.


Sotsona

Line 20) Oh, yeah. And yesterday was leap day.


Casimir looks at Sotsona in shock.


Casimir

Line 21) The slipped my mind. I didn’t even realize.


A thought dawns on Sotsona.


Sotsona

Line 22) Wait, if we started dating as of yesterday…


Sotsona

Line 23) Then that would mean Leap Day would be the official date of our anniversary.


Casimir blushes.


Casimir

Line 24) Aww~ Our anniversary. That’s cute.


Sotsona

Line 25) So, then when would we mark our anniversary, let’s say a year from now?


Casimir

Line 26) I suppose it’d be on the 28th of February or the 1st of March.


Casimir

Line 27) Even if we have an anniversary, we won't make it a big deal because we should celebrate every day.

Sotsona smiles.


Sotsona

Line 28) I’m glad that you remembered I don’t get why people celebrate only on certain occasions*.


*Refer back to episode 11, details starting on line 12.


Casimir smiles energetically.


Casimir

Line 29) I promise you that everyday will be a special occasion now that we’re dating.


Casimir

Line 30) But, it’s still an important day to mark and keep track of our relationship.


Casimir

Line 31) Only to ourselves since everyone else thinks we’ve been together for 3 years already*.


*Casimir is referring to the excuse he gave to everyone else about Sotsona’s proposal, saying that they’ve been together for 3 years (refer back to episode 21, line 89, and episode 22, line 28.


They smile at each other and eat their breakfast.


After breakfast, they walk around the area with each other, hand in hand.


Casimir smiles immensely at Sotsona since they’re walking around as a couple.


Casimir

Line 32) Do you want to do something in particular today?


Sotsona

Line 33) Nothing specific comes to mind. I’d just like to hang around with you the entire day.


Casimir blushes.


Line 34) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Although, that is something we’ve been doing all this time, it feels different now that we’re a couple.


Casimir

Line 35) I have an idea, why don’t we rent a boat out for the day?


Casimir

Line 36) We could see the ocean before we head back from our trip once last time.


Casimir

Line 37) What do you think?


Sotsona smiles.


Sotsona

Line 38) That sounds like a great idea.


Casimir and Sotsona head to a store quickly, buying bathing suits, drinks, snacks, etc.


They head to a rental boat site wearing their bathing suits underneath their clothes and holding bags of the things they’re bringing.


They get on their boat, with Casimir getting ready to steer it.


Sotsona

Line 39) I thought you said you wanted to rent a boat. I wasn’t expecting a yacht.


Casimir

Line 40) This is a mini yacht. It’s essentially the same thing.


Sotsona

Line 41) I didn’t even know you knew how to operate one.


Casimir

Line 42) Of course I do. I own a bunch back home.


Sotsona playfully rolls her eyes.


Sotsona

Line 43) Well, you learn something new everyday, I guess.


Sotsona

Line 44) Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn't someone need a boating license to operate a boat?


Casimir boastfully assures Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 45) I may or may not have buttered up the boat administrator on convincing them to allow me to rent a boat.


Casimir continues to justify himself.


Casimir

Line 46) But I have a boating license back home, so it’s not like I’m doing anything bad.


Casimir

Line 47) I didn’t think to bring it since when we initially planned to go to Paris* for this trip.


*Refer back to episode 33, details starting on line 32.


Casimir

Line 48) But, I definitely should’ve. France has beautiful oceans. I’ll show you some day.


Casimir winks at Sotsona.


He helms the boat to a nice stopping place, not far from the site.


Casimir

Line 49) The weather is perfect today.


Sotsona

Line 50) It was a good idea to go out in the ocean.


Casimir

Line 51) You think so? Then we should swim.


Casimir undresses in front of Sotsona.


Sotsona blushes immensely, looking away from Casimir.


Casimir laughs from Sotsona’s reaction.


Line 52) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I didn’t put two and two together, thinking that we’d have to be seen wearing our swimsuits in front of each other again.


Line 53) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: All this time, we’ve been wearing the necessary equipment for our swimming activities, causing me to forget that he wore a swimsuit to the spa*.


*Refer back to episode 41, details in between lines 114 and 115.


Line 54) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I was confident back then since I had just gotten a fresh makeover, which is why I didn’t pay much mind to his attire.


Line 55) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Truly it’s no problem for me, since Casimir bought me a one piece swimsuit…


Sotsona contemplates.


Line 56) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But for him, I’ll be seeing his upper body completely bare as his official partner.


Line 57) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I mean, it’s completely natural, so I don’t know why I’m acting so timid.


Line 58) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Things are just different now that we’ve confirmed our feelings for each other.


Casimir

Line 59) Why are you looking away? It’s fine to look. You’re my fiance after all. And you’ve seen me this way before.


Sotsona

Line 60) Yeah, I guess I shouldn’t look away.


Sotsona looks over at Casimir.


Her jaw drops when she observes his body.


Sotsona

Line 61) Woah! Imir. I didn’t know you were so fit.


Casimir blushes and acts coy.


Casimir

Line 62) Oh, come on. You’re just being nice.


Sotsona speaks in a genuine tone.


Sotsona

Line 63) No, seriously. No wonder you were able to pick me up so easily back then* even though you’re shorter than me.


*Refer back to episode 47, details starting on line 22.


Casimir

Line 64) I guess. But I haven’t hit the gym in a while, so I’m feeling rusty.


Sotsona

Line 65) That’s probably my fault since you’ve been keeping your eyes on me during these past two weeks.


Casimir looks at Sotsona in shock.


Casimir

Line 66) It’s only been two weeks since we’ve met?


Sotsona nods her head.


Casimir

Line 67) For some reason, it’s felt longer than that.


Sotsona

Line 68) I agree. It’s crazy to think that so much has happened in two weeks.


Casimir hesitantly speaks.


Casimir

Line 69) I’m sorry if it feels like I’m rushing you.


Sotsona

Line 70) It slightly does and doesn’t at the same time. But I assure you that you needn’t worry about that.


Sotsona assuringly smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 71) I’m content with the way things are between us.


Casimir lets out a sigh.


Casimir

Line 72) That’s a relief to hear.


Sotsona smiles.


Sotsona

Line 73) Anyways, we should be swimming.


Casimir nods his head.


Sotsona undresses from her clothes and gets in the water with Casimir.


They swim around with each other for some time, enjoying their last moments of vacation.


After they finish swimming, they eat lunch together on the boat* while chatting and waiting until they feel dry.


*Remember that they hit up the store before renting out a boat (details in between lines 38 and 39 of this episode).


Sotsona

Line 74) It feels like summer.


Casimir

Line 75) Well, since the weather is tropical here, it’s practically always summer.


Sotsona

Line 76) I mean the vibes.


Sotsona

Line 77) I’m just very happy and grateful to experience these adventurous things.


Sotsona

Line 78) Life feels worth living.


Casimir smiles.


Casimir

Line 79) It’s very fulfilling to hear you say that.


Sotsona

Line 80) You know what I’ve just realized?


Sotsona

Line 81) You’ve almost accomplished all the goals you’ve set your mind to*.


*Refer back to episode 35, details starting on line 75.


Sotsona

Line 82) You wanted to be in a serious relationship with me, you wanted me to realize life’s worth living as well as wanting me to take more risks.


Casimir smiles.


Casimir

Line 83) Yeah, I guess I’ve been able to check those off.


Sotsona

Line 84) I’m sorry for doubting your abilities.


Casimir gives Sotsona a reassuring smile.


Casimir

Line 85) I guess the only one left for me the strike through is not using my status to cheat in life.


Sotsona

Line 86) At least you don’t abuse your status. However, you sometimes say things only a rich person would say. I always sneer at you when that happens.


Casimir

Line 87) That one still needs some work then.


Sotsona

Line 88) It’s refreshing to hear that you’re taking action. I’m sure you’ll be able to accomplish it soon since you were able to do the other ones quickly.


Casimir

Line 89) Do you remember our bet*?


*Refer back to episode 35, line 92.


Sotsona blushes.


Casimir

Line 90) I betted that if you had a crush on me, we’d officially get together, and that actually happened.


Casimir

Line 91) But for you, you betted that if I fell in love with you, we’d get a pet.


Sotsona awkwardly responds.


Sotsona

Line 92) What are you alluding to?


Casimir

Line 93) Don’t feel pressured if you thought I’d be love-bombing you any time soon. After all, we’ve just started dating.


Sotsona sighs from relief.


Casimir

Line 94) That one takes a bit more time. It’s a “when you know you know” kind of feeling.


Casimir

Line 95) Sorry if that bums you out.


Sotsona

Line 96) Not at all. I’m actually relieved to hear that. Sorry if that bums YOU out.


Casimir reassures Casimir.


Casimir

Line 97) No, I understand. I wouldn’t believe you if you told me either way.


Casimir

Line 98) But, one thing for certain is that I like you, Ona.


Sotsona blushes.


Casimir

Line 99) I like you a lot. Don’t forget that.


Sotsona smiles.


They take in the view of the sunset in silence.


Casimir playfully interjects, feeling slightly offended.


Casimir

Line 100) Usually when people say that, you tend to say it back, but okay…


Sotsona laughs.


Sotsona

Line 101) I already told you yesterday. Do you want me to say it again?


Casimir

Line 102) Do you remember what I told you about my words of affirmation thingy*?


*Casimir mentioned that if you don’t constantly remind him of something, in his mind he assumes that you don’t actually mean it. He has a bad habit of relying on words from people to prove their feelings (refer back to episode 37, line 20). 


Sotsona playfully rolls her eyes, reminiscing about Casimir’s statement.


She looks back at him, noticing that he’s pouting his lips and looking at her with puppy dog eyes.


Line 103) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Wait. I have an idea.


Sotsona mischievously smirks at Casimir.


Casimir concerningly looks back at her.


Casimir

Line 104) What’s with that look? You’re slightly creeping me out.


Sotsona

Line 105) I’ll say it under one condition…


Sotsona

Line 106) Tell me what actually happened the night I blacked out*?


*Refer back to episode 39, details in between lines 93 and 94.


Casimir’s face flushes red.


Sotsona speaks in a persuasive manner.


Sotsona

Line 107) Come on~ Don’t keep secrets from your fiance.


Sotsona

Line 108) Tell me what happened. You have nothing to be ashamed of now since we’re officially a couple.


Sotsona

Line 109) I’m just curious. I can’t seem to drop it because I keep thinking back to how things were between us the morning after*.


*Refer back to all of episode 40.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on July 27, 2024
Last Updated on July 27, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing