Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 57

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 57

A Chapter by Yosh
"

After Casimir brings up wanting to be an official couple with Sotsona, she ponders his request thoroughly, getting anything necessary off of her chest.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 57:


February 29th 2024. The day is Thursday. It’s the evening.


Silence goes on between Casimir and Sotsona after he addresses if they’re a couple or are going to become one. 


Casimir contemplates his suggestion.


Line 1) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Well, I’ve done it now, I guess.


Line 2) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’ve been holding that in the entire trip, why couldn’t I hold off a bit longer?


Line 3) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I just blurted it out without even thinking. It came out so naturally.


Line 4) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I wish I could take it back. But there’s nothing that’ll reverse what’s already been done.


Casimir observes Sotsona.


Line 5) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Why isn’t she saying anything?


Line 6) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Don’t tell me that I’m ruining the moment by asking her something like this?


Sotsona anxiously thinks to herself.


Line 7) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: This is harder to admit to than I thought.


Line 8) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Why can’t I seem to say anything, when I want to say everything at the same time?


Line 9) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Words can’t describe how I feel about Casimir.


Line 10) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: If I contain what I’m feeling into words, it won’t convey the same meaning.


Line 11) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: How exactly do I prove what I’m feeling for Casimir to him?


Line 12) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: They say actions speak louder than words.


Casimir awkwardly sweeps in, seeing that Sotsona is struggling to say something.


Casimir

Line 13) Do you remember that bet we made earlier in our trip*?


*Refer back to episode 35, details starting on line 92.


They blush at each other immensely, reminiscing about the memory..


Sotsona shyly nods her head.


Casimir awkwardly responds and blushes as red as a tomato.


Casimir

Line 14) Well, it’s practically the end of Thursday. Which leaves us with only two days left of our vacation.


Casimir

Line 15) That means we’re nearing the end of our trip.


Casimir looks at Sotsona in shy curiosity.


Casimir

Line 16) I was wondering whether or not your feelings regarding the bet we made have changed.


Casimir panics.


Casimir

Line 17) And don’t feel pressured to answer me now!


Casimir

Line 18) I’m not putting you on the spot or anything like that.


Casimir responds with uncertainty.


Casimir

Line 19) I guess… I’m just reminding you?


He lectures himself on the inside.


Line 20) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I sound like a pest. I’m practically on my knees begging for her to date me.


Line 21) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Nobody finds desperation attractive. Why did I have to burden her with this out of the blue?


Casimir rubs his head in disappointment.


Casimir

Line 22) You know what? Forget I said anything. Let’s just have a good date with each other.


Casimir tries to give Sotsona a genuine smile, but it’s obvious he’s putting up a front.


Sotsona gives Casimir a bittersweet smile.


Sotsona

Line 23) Look, Casimir. Let me just try to say what I want to say.


Sotsona reaches for Casimir’s hands, gently grabbing them.


Casimir blushes, looking at Sotsona in shock from the unexpected gesture.


She glances back at him in a sad way.


Sotsona

Line 24) This may sound like a bunch of gibberish, but I hope you can understand it regardless because I have no idea how else to tell you.


Casimir understandingly looks at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 25) Say it. It doesn’t matter how. I know I’ll understand it either way.


Sotsona gladfully smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 26) I’ve come to care about you a lot.


Casimir accepts defeat.


Line 27) Casimir’s inner thoughts: If she’s starting the conversation off this way, it’s obvious that she’s turning me down.


Sotsona

Line 28) I didn’t think that I could possibly mesh with someone so easily since I’ve known for such a short amount of time.


Sotsona

Line 29) But, there’s no denying that we have a good understanding of each other by now.


Sotsona

Line 30) Perhaps that has something to do with the situations we’ve been put in. It’s brought us closer to each other.


Sotsona

Line 31) But, either way, due to the things we’ve experienced together, I’ve gotten to know you quite well.


Sotsona

Line 32) And, from what I’ve gotten to know about you, I like all of it.


Casimir’s eyes widen in shock.


Line 33) Casimir’s inner thoughts: D-Does that mean she likes me? I was expecting this conversation to go a different route.


Sotsona

Line 34) I’ll admit, at first, I was cold with you because I was jealous.


Sotsona

Line 35) I’m ashamed to confess that, but you deserve to know.


Sotsona

Line 36) Knowing that you’ve been privileged enough to have wealth surround you your whole life…


Sotsona

Line 37) Made me look down upon you because I thought you were just like any other rich b*****d.


Sotsona speaks sentimentally.


Sotsona

Line 38) But, now that I’ve gotten to know you better, I’ve realized that you’re a complete and utter sweetheart.


Sotsona

Line 39) And I was trying not to feel that way, because I felt like I would be falling into your temptations and being fooled by your money.


Sotsona

Line 40) But, there’s no denying that your genuinely a nice guy.


Sotsona

Line 41) And, realizing that made me come to the conclusion that you’re too good for me.


Casimir looks sappy.


Sotsona

Line 42) … Far, too good for me.


Sotsona

Line 43) To the point where I don’t deserve you.


Casimir grips Sotsona’s hands back tightly.


He speaks in a passionate manner.


Casimir

Line 44) Sotsona, don’t talk like that-


Sotsona

Line 45) No, Casimir. It’s the truth. 


Sotsona

Line 46) I’m not talking about our statuses, I’m talking about us as people in the sense of our quality.


Sotsona

Line 47) You’re a way better person than I am.


Sotsona

Line 48) I’m this stubborn, negative nancy who’s been belittling you all this time just to make myself feel better about my crappy life.


Sotsona

Line 49) You, on the other hand, have been spoiling me rotten and exchanging sweet words and smiles.


Sotsona

Line 50) I agreed on your proposal on a whim because I realized you were loaded.


Sotsona

Line 51) And, with that wealth, you could offer me endless opportunities. 


Sotsona speaks in an apologetic manner.


Sotsona

Line 52) Let’s just put that out there. If you didn’t know, know you do. I’m so sorry.


Sotsona

Line 53) So, I didn’t go into this thinking that I would like you as a person.


Sotsona

Line 54) And, if I continue pursuing you, it just won’t sit right with me since I had superficial intentions from the start.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in guilt, shamefully responding.


Sotsona

Line 55) I’m really sorry.


Casimir is left speechless, trying to process everything Sotsona has been telling him.


Casimir

Line 56) Wait, but what do you mean?


Sotsona

Line 57) I had a feeling you’d ask questions. Was there something you misinterpreted?


Casimir responds in a concerned way.


Casimir

Line 58) No. I just don’t get what you’re alluding to. Why are you sorry?


Sotsona looks at him in confusion.


Sotsona

Line 59) Why am I sorry? Because I owe you an apology.


Casimir

Line 60) For what?


Sotsona

Line 61) For using you. Did you not just hear me say that I agreed to marry you because of your money?


Casimir

Line 62) No, I heard you clearly. But, how is that a problem?


Sotsona

Line 63) It means I’m a gold digger, Casimir.


Casimir passionately defends Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 64) No, you’re not.


Sotsona

Line 65) Yes I am.


Casimir

Line 66) A gold digger is someone who's solely in a relationship to extract money. Not only have you never stolen money from me, but you’ve also never asked for it.


Casimir

Line 67) I’ve voluntarily supplied and gave you things on my own.


Sotsona

Line 68) Potato, potahto. Either way, I pursued you because of your status and money.


Casimir

Line 69) But, you’re not being greedy. Those things always allure people from the start.


Casimir

Line 70) And, if you’ve been with me all this time, that just goes to show that you’re genuinely fond of me. A true gold digger wouldn’t bother.


Sotsona

Line 71) And that’s a huge problem.


Casimir

Line 72) Why is it a huge problem to like me?


Sotsona

Line 73) Because it reveals that I’ve been using you, foolishly catching feelings along the way. Don’t you find that immoral?


Casimir blushes from Sotsona’s confession.


Line 74) Casimir’s inner thoughts: It’s true! She likes me!


Casimir happily clenches Sotsona’s hands, further leaning into her.


He talks in a cheerful manner.


Casimir

Line 75) What’s the issue if you like me? I like you too!


Sotsona blushes.


Sotsona

Line 76) How do you still not get it? Due to my bad intentions, we can't be together.


Casimir continues to passionately defend Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 77) You didn’t have bad intentions. You just saw me as loophole to start a new life. That doesn’t make you the villain.


Sotsona

Line 78) You’re only saying that to make me feel better. As a consensus, I’ve wronged you.


Sotsona

Line 79) This whole contract was supposed to be a charade, but now things have changed since I’ve developed feelings.


Casimir grins from ear to ear.


Casimir

Line 80) Isn’t that the best thing in the world?


Sotsona blushes.


Sotsona

Line 81) It feels good to get off my chest. But, it means the end of us.


Casimir looks at Sotsona in confusion.


Casimir

Line 82) Why? You don’t have to restrain yourself from me.


Sotsona

Line 83) I won’t allow myself to be with you after treating you horribly.


Sotsona

Line 84) You deserve to be with someone better.


Sotsona

Line 85) Someone that treats you right and doesn’t use you for your money.


Casimir softly speaks, reassuring Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 86) I don’t want to be with anyone if it’s not you.


Sotsona looks flustered.


Casimir

Line 87) I don’t care if my money appealed to you from the start. You never took advantage of me for that.


Casimir

Line 88) None of that matters if you actually like me.


Casimir

Line 89) Don’t you see that there’s no amount of money in the world that can replace genuinity and authenticity?


Casimir

Line 90) This feeling is utterly priceless.


Casimir

Line 91) You never used me for my money. It just feels that way to you.


Casimir

Line 92) You would never suggest to end our contract if that were the case. You would splurge off of me without any strings attached.


Casimir

Line 93) And since you DID suggest to end our contract because you felt bad, that just shows that you’re a good person.


Casimir looks at Sotsona appreciatively.


Casimir

Line 94) You actually like me for me and that’s all the matters.


Casimir

Line 95) Considering your past intentions, I know you might feel bad to be with me any longer…


Casimir

Line 96) But, if we both like each other, I don’t see a problem.


Casimir

Line 97) We should let ourselves feel and do something about this.


Casimir

Line 98) Don’t just throw it all away because you feel guilty.


Casimir

Line 99) There’s no need to be ashamed.


Casimir

Line 100) What’s important right now is that you like me.


Casimir looks at Sotsona affectionately.


Casimir

Line 101) So, let’s be with each other, Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 102) I’m way too attached to you to let you go so easily.


Casimir

Line 103) So, what do you say? Be my fiance, for real this time?


The both of them immensely blush at each other.


*Shot cuts to the waiter awkwardly overhearing their conversation and delaying serving their food since they don’t want to intervene on a moment.


Line 104) Waiter’s inner thoughts: I can’t serve them the food now. I’ll be cutting in at an awkward time.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on July 25, 2024
Last Updated on July 25, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing