Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 48

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 48

A Chapter by Yosh
"

After Casimir and Sotsona go scuba diving, they go about their day doing a bunch of other things, leading to a particularly peculiar plan.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 48:


February 26th 2024. The day is Monday.


Sotsona and Casimir get back on the boat after they finish scuba diving. 


Casimir gets the scuba gear off himself and leans his head back in exhaustion on his seat.


Casimir

Line 1) Man, I’m beat.


Sotsona takes off her gear as well and stretches her arms, releasing a big yawn.


Sotsona

Line 2) Me too. For some reason, all that swimming really wore me out.


Casimir

Line 3) I just haven’t been able to swim around so freely in while that I used up all my energy.


Casimir

Line 4) I have a feeling that I’m going to be sore tomorrow.


Sotsona

Line 5) Yeah, me too. But unlike you, this is my first workout in a while.


Sotsona

Line 6) So, it’s going to have an even bigger toll on my body.


Casimir

Line 7) So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?


Sotsona

Line 8) Hmm. I don’t know. Just nothing too strenuous. I’ve been active enough for the day.


Casimir

Line 9) Same. I’m glad we came though. This was a great experience.


Casimir smirks playfully at Sotsona, inviting her to admit that she enjoyed it here as well.


She gives into his charade, rolling her eyes in playful defeat.


Sotsona

Line 10) I had a good time as well.


Casimir folds his arms and gives Sotsona a smug expression.


Casimir

Line 11) I thought you’d say that.


Casimir

Line 12) I think by now, I have a pretty good grasp on your character.


Casimir

Line 13) Aren’t you glad I brought you here?


Sotsona blushes, reminiscing on how Casimir brought her on the boat by picking her up.


Sotsona

Line 14) I mean, I’m glad I got to experience this. But, I think picking me up was a bit much.


Casimir

Line 15) How else was I supposed to get you on the boat?


Sotsona gives Casimir another playful expression of defeat.


Sotsona

Line 16) Good point.


The instructors helm the boat back to mainland and Casimir and Sotsona leave the scuba diving site.


They get dressed back into the clothes they arrived in.


Casimir

Line 17) What if we went to the beach?


Casimir

Line 18) It’s calming and we could just sit out in the sun. We don’t necessarily have to swim again.


Casimir

Line 19) We’re already all salty from the seawater. Might as well continue with that theme. What do you think?


Sotsona

Line 20) The beach sounds nice. I haven’t been to one in a while.


They walk over to the beach (which is close to the scuba diving site).


The sun brightly beams on the waves, with people swimming about in the ocean.


They find a spot and Casimir lays out a towel (they brought for extra precautions before leaving the hotel).


Casimir and Sotsona sit next to each other, taking in the scenery.


Sotsona takes a deep breath of the ocean breeze.


Line 21) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Casimir was right. Nothing beats the fresh sea breeze*.


*Refer back to episode 43, line 34.


Line 22) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s definitely relaxing to be here after we swam all day.


Casimir rocks his head from side to side because of fatigue.


Casimir

Line 23) I’m feeling a bit lightheaded after scuba diving. What about you?


Sotsona

Line 24) Yeah, me too. It’s like all the energy within me got sucked out.


Casimir

Line 25) Do you think if we walk around the shore, we’ll be able to regain some energy?


Sotsona nods her head.


Casimir gets up and Sotsona extends her hand out for him to pull her up.


He takes her hand and leads her to the shore.


They hold hands as they walk along the shore, letting their feet touch the water.


Casimir

Line 26) How are you liking our vacation so far?


Sotsona

Line 27) It’s honestly been a hectic couple of days. It’s always something new with you.


Casimir

Line 28) But, you’re having fun, right?


Sotsona nods her head.


Sotsona

Line 29) Since it’s Monday, I was wondering if it’s okay that you’re not at work today?


Casimir boastfully smirks at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 30) Sotsona, I’m Casimir Adair. If I don’t want to go to work, I don’t have to.


Sotsona

Line 31) What about me? I think I was supposed to get a physical exam and drug test taken today.


Casimir

Line 32) It’s fine if we push that back for a couple of days. It’s not like you’re in any sort of rush to start working.


Sotsona

Line 33) That’s true. But, I probably can’t miss out on work like you do.


Sotsona

Line 34) I could easily be fired. But, you’re always guaranteed a place here since you’re mom’s the founder.


Casimir responds confidently, giving Sotsona reassurance.


Casimir

Line 35) Trust me. Whatever I say, goes. They’ll think twice before deciding to fire you. I won’t let that happen.


Sotsona

Line 36) Whatever happened to you not using your status to get the things you want so easily? I told you not to grant me any sort of leniency just because I’m your fiance*.


*Refer back to episode 27, details starting on line 53, etc.


Casimir blushes hearing Sotsona address him as her fiance.


Casimir

Line 37) T-There are certain exceptions. If I don’t bud in like this, they’ll walk all over you.


Casimir changes the subject to cease his flustered demeanor.


Casimir

Line 38) Anyways, besides that, how are you REALLY doing?


Sotsona looks at Casimir in confusion.


Sotsona

Line 39) What do you mean?


Casimir

Line 40) Well, a lot’s just happened within the past week. I wanna know how you’re processing everything.


Casimir hesitantly says his next statement.


Casimir

Line 41) Especially now that you’re with me, and cut ties with everyone else.


Sotsona takes a deep breath before answering.


Sotsona

Line 42) Of course, it’s a bit hard to accept how fast things have progressed.


Sotsona

Line 43) But, I wouldn’t have wanted it to turn out any other way.


Sotsona

Line 44) I wanted change to occur in my life.


Sotsona

Line 45) So, there’s no issue in having everything occur so quickly.


Sotsona

Line 46) Sure, cutting ties with you know who wasn’t easy. But, it had to be done one way or another.


Sotsona

Line 47) I’m just letting myself take things one step at a time until I’ve fully moved on.


Sotsona

Line 48) It won’t be an easy journey, but it’s something I have to do to heal myself.


Sotsona

Line 49) And if I’m on the journey of healing, I have nothing to complain about since I know the outcome will be worth it.


Casimir smiles at Sotsona appreciating her resilience.


Casimir

Line 50) It’s good that you’re looking at this in a positive light.


Casimir

Line 51) If there’s anything I can do to help let me know.


Sotsona smiles thankfully.


Sotsona

Line 52) You’ve done quite enough. I’m grateful for everything you’ve made possible for me.


Casimir smiles, feeling Sotsona’s genuine gratitude.


Casimir shields his eyes away from the bright sun looming above them as they walk along the shore.


Casimir

Line 53) It’s a little too sunny today, should we get going? I really want to take a shower.


Casimir

Line 54) And we should eat something too, my stomach feels way too empty.


Sotsona nods her head in agreement.


Casimir and Sotsona head back to their hotel and get showered.


Casimir lays on his bed, wearing a bathrobe while scrolling on his phone.


Sotsona exits the restroom, with steam coming out of it, also in her bathrobe.


Sotsona plops on her bed and groans in satisfaction.


Casimir smiles.


Sotsona

Line 55) It feels so good to be back. I could fall asleep in seconds.


Sotsona’s stomach grumbles.


She look at Casimir awkwardly.


He smirks at her.


Casimir

Line 56) We’re both just tired because we skipped lunch. Food will energize us.


Sotsona

Line 57) So, are we going out to eat?


Casimir

Line 58) If you want. But, we could always order room service.


A wave of realization hits Sotsona.


Sotsona

Line 59) Ah. I forgot that exists.


Casimir

Line 60) If you pull up the hotel’s website on your phone, there’s a menu of all the things they offer.


Sotsona nods her head and pulls up the hotel website on her phone to browse the menu options.


Sotsona

Line 61) I’m definitely ordering coffee. I’ll fall asleep if I don’t, and it’s way too early for that.


Casimir

Line 62) Me too. I need something energizing coursing through my veins.


Sotsona

Line 63) What coffee did they order in *“Cupid’s strike*”?


*The C-Drama that Sotsona and Casimir got into watching (refer back to episode 14, details starting on line 36).


Casimir

Line 64) Are you talking about a double shot espresso?


Sotsona snaps her fingers in realization.


Sotsona

Line 65) That’s the one. I’m definitely getting it.


Casimir

Line 66) You know what? Me too. It has a lot of caffeine.


They order what they’re going to eat, along with their espressos.


They clink their espresso cups together and get to drinking.


The bitter drink makes the both of their faces grimace in delight.


Casimir

Line 67) That’s the good stuff.


They finish their food and feel hyper after the coffee.


Casimir looks at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 68) Do you think the coffee affected you?


Sotsona’s eyes widen in energy from the caffeine.


Sotsona

Line 69) Yeah. I no longer feel sleepy or lightheaded.


Casimir checks his phone for the time.


Casimir

Line 70) Me too. It’s not too late to go anywhere. Would you like to go somewhere?


Sotsona replies in an excited manner.


Sotsona

Line 71) Sure. I’m up for a late night adventure. What’d you have in mind?


Casimir

Line 72) Alright, hear me out before you object.


Casimir

Line 73) While you were in the shower, I was lurking around on my phone for tourist attractions in Palau.


Casimir

Line 74) They said there’s an abandoned temple many tourists have been visiting lately.


Casimir

Line 75) According to a review, it's a place worth checking out if we're in Palau. People said they had good experiences.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in confused concern.


Sotsona

Line 76) How does an abandoned, most likely haunted attraction have any sort of “good experience”?


Casimir

Line 77) Because people said it was an interesting encounter.


Casimir looks curiously interested to attend the attraction.


Casimir

Line 78) So, why don’t we go? There’ll be a tour guide accompanying us.


Sotsona responds in a skeptical manner.


Sotsona

Line 79) I don’t know. It seems suspicious. Why would I ever want to go somewhere abandoned?


Casimir

Line 80) Just for the thrill of it. It’s goes along with the theme of crossing things off your bucket list*.


*Refer back to episode 46, line 86.


Line 81) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He has a point with that. And I promised myself that I wouldn’t back out in doing bolder things.


Line 82) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m not superstitious anyway, so it shouldn’t be a problem attending an attraction like that.


Line 83) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Either way, I should loosen up. Several times, Casimir has shown me that the worst possible outcome I could think of is usually just blown out of proportion.


Line 84) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He also seems curious to see the place for himself. I wouldn’t want to back out by being a party pooper.


Line 85) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Besides, I’ll have him and the tour guide protecting me.


Sotsona

Line 86) Let’s go then.


Casimir looks surprised that Sotsona agreed swiftly.


Casimir

Line 87) Really? You want to go?


Sotsona

Line 88) Yeah. I wouldn’t want to bum you out by saying no. 


Sotsona

Line 89) I trust you. I don’t think anything bad will happen.


Casimir blushes hearing Sotsona say she trusts him.


Sotsona

Line 90) I’m going to get ready then.


The both of them get ready and head to the place by a cab.


Line 91) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Hearing Sotsona say she trusts me, definitely makes me feel protective of her.


Line 92) Casimir’s inner thoughts: We don’t know what we’re getting ourselves into, which is why I need to keep my guard up so that I can step in to defend her if we're put in dangerous situations.


Line 93) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Leaving her traumatized is the last thing I want to do. I’m just curious as to what this place is about.


Line 94) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I just hope that my curiosity doesn’t backfire on me. Then again, I’m not one to get scared easily, so I think I should be fine.


Casimir and Sotsona arrive at the abandoned temple and notice eerie trees surrounding the area.


The place looks gray and the evening sky makes the lighting in the area look ominous.


The place is empty, leaving Sotsona and Casimir waiting on their own.


Sotsona looks around in confusion.


Sotsona

Line 95) Where is our tour guide?


Casimir shrugs his shoulders in confusion.


Casimir

Line 96) I have no clue. I thought they’d be here, but either we’re early, or they’re just late.


Casimir looks at Sotsona in concern.


Casimir

Line 97) Are you okay so far? If you feel scared, don’t hesitate to latch onto me.


Sotsona thinks to herself.


Line 98) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Come to think of it, is that what Casimir is trying to do?


Line 99) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Is he trying to get me scared so that we become closer?


Sotsona gives Casimir a smug look.


Sotsona

Line 100) I’m fine for now. Thanks for the offer, I suppose.


Casimir and Sotsona’s tour guide sneaks up behind them without them noticing.


Tour guide

Line 101) Greetings.


The both of them flinch, turning around in a fright from the way the tour guide just scared them.


The tour guide laughs.


Tour guide

Line 102) Doing that never gets old.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on July 19, 2024
Last Updated on July 19, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing