Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 43

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 43

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir and Sotsona get ready to go on their outing that Sotsona proposed after her ceremony (she felt the need to get closer to Casimir). They go on an adventure together that Casimir suggested.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 43:


February 25th 2024. The day is Sunday. It's nighttime. 


Sotsona and Casimir get ready to go on their outing since Sotsona proposed she wanted to make things up to Casimir and he suggested they go out on another adventure.


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 1) I’m not necessarily the kind of person that’s easily insecure about superficial things like looks…


Line 2) Although, there was that one time at the mall*, but that had more to do with my status and less on how I looked.


*Refer back to episode 18, line 9, etc.


Line 3) Suddenly, now that I’ve laid out that I want to get closer to Casimir because I don’t like how our dynamics don’t seem like we’re in a genuine relationship, it seems daunting to accomplish such a task…


Line 4) I’m overthinking everything!


Sotsona rubs her head in distress, trying to get ready to hang out with Casimir.


Line 5) What do I wear? How should I style my hair? What jewelry goes best with the occasion?


Line 6) There’re just so many thoughts flooding through my mind and I don’t know how to go about things.


Line 7) Last time when Casimir’s mother Zephryn was visiting, he helped me get ready.


Line 8) But now, I can’t ask for his help.


Line 9) That defeats the whole purpose of figuring things out on my own.


Sotsona covers her eyes and randomly picks out something to wear from her bag.


Her hands land on a white lacy top, along with a medium sized red skirt. 


Sotsona observes what she just picked out and shrugs her shoulders in confusion.


Line 10) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: This will do. It’s not like we’re going anywhere fancy. At least, that’s not what I’m assuming.


Line 11) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Let’s go with looking casual but still somewhat put together.


Line 12) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Now just what shoes would go with this?


Sotsona fiddles through her bag once more to find some shoes and her hand lands on some boots.


She nods her head, thinking she’s assembled a solid outfit.


Sotsona finally gets ready after picking out her outfit and Casimir waits for her in the living room of their hotel.


Sotsona walks out in her outfit and Casimir stands up to get a good look at her.


Casimir observes Sotsona and looks at her as if he’s caught in a trance.


Line 13) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Wow! How amazing does she look?


Sotsona looks nervous, misinterpreting Casimir’s amazement as disappointment.


Line 14) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Uh oh. Did I pick the wrong thing? That must be why he’s looking at me like that.


Casimir snaps back into reality to offer Sotsona reassurance.


He provides Sotsona with an appreciative smile.


Casimir

Line 15) Sotsona, you look great.


Sotsona’s eyes widen in shock from Casimir’s unexpected flattery.


Line 16) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: So, he thinks I look good? I must’ve misread his signals.


Sotsona can’t contain her blush from Casimir’s remark.


Sotsona

Line 17) T-Thank you. You look great yourself too.


Sotsona

Line 18) I mean, you always look great. You never miss when it comes to picking out the right things to wear.


Casimir boastfully accepts the complement.


Sotsona switches the topic away from the flirtatious tensions developing between them.


Sotsona

Line 19) So, where exactly will we be going?


Casimir

Line 20) Wherever our feet take us. There’s so much of this place that we haven’t explored yet.


Sotsona excitingly nods her head.


They head out of the hotel and walk around the city.


They find a bay that’s crowded with people including a bunch of outdoorsy mall kiosks surrounded.


The bay is similar to a park with places to roam around.


Sotsona walks beside Casimir and takes in the city lights.


Casimir looks at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 21) How are you liking the city so far?


Sotsona excitingly explains.


Sotsona

Line 22) The lights lure you in. They’re eye catching and just add to the overall vibe of roaming around the city.

Casimir happily smiles at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 23) I agree. The atmosphere is quite cozy.


Casimir spots a portion of the bay that leads to the greater ocean.


Casimir

Line 24) Look this way.


Casimir walks over to the bay’s shore and Sotsona follows him.


Sotsona

Line 25) Be careful. You wouldn’t want to get those flashy shoes of yours wet.


Casimir walks over to the boulding rocks at the bay and stands on multiple of them to walk around and get closer to the bay’s shore.


Sotsona looks over at Casimir in confusion.


Sotsona

Line 26) Why are you trying to get so close?


Casimir

Line 27) For a better view, of course. Get over here.


Sotsona leans her head to the side and eventually abides to Casimir’s request.


She makes her way over to the rocks, walking around to reach Casimir.


On her last step, she slightly trips on one of the huge rocks.


Casimir catches her before she tumbles.


Casimir

Line 28) Woah there! You’re the one that should be careful.


Sotsona lets out a chuckle from the irony of her words biting her back.


She takes in the view of the sunsetting from the bay.


Casimir takes a deep breath, letting serenity take over his demeanor.


Casimir

Line 29) When I say it doesn’t take much to please me, this is what I mean.


Casimir

Line 30) There’s nothing that special about this bay. Yet, it’s so captivating and is completely worth walking over all those bumpy boulders for.


Casimir

Line 31) You get a good view of the sky from here. You also get to see where the ocean continues endlessly.


Casimir

Line 32) The illuminating colors of the sky reflect on the water. It’s the perfect cherry on top for this scenery.


Casimir

Line 33) And the sea breeze-


Casimir intently inhales and exhales the fresh ocean air.


Casimir

Line 34) Nothing beats the fresh and cleansing scent.


Sotsona admirably stares at Casimir as he descriptively take in the scenery of the bay’s shore.


Sotsona

Line 35) You’re quite eloquent when describing visuals, you know that?


Casimir looks over at Sotsona after her remark.


The colorful sky shines a soft brightness on her face.


His eyes soften and glisten as he looks at her appreciatively.


Line 36) Casimir’s inner thoughts: This lighting lets me get a good glance at the different shades that make up her eye color.


Line 37) Casimir’s inner thoughts: It magnifies her beauty tremendously.


Line 38) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I can’t help but get lost in her eyes. It’s like staring into a kaleidoscope.


Line 39) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I could look at her all day.


Sotsona notices Casimir looking at her intently.


Line 40) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: What could he be thinking about looking at me in this way?


Line 41) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I wish I could read his mind. 


Sotsona smiles at Casimir.


He smiles with her.


Sotsona

Line 42) You’re right. This bay is quite extraordinary.


Casimir continues to lead them around the area, walking from place to place to see everything at the bay’s park.


The evening sky gets darker.


As they walk, Casimir strikes a question to Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 43) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?


Sotsona thinks of a answer to Casimir’s question.


Sotsona

Line 44) That’s a tough one. But, I guess I’d have to say Sweden?


Casimir

Line 45) You don’t seem too certain with that answer. Why Sweden?


Sotsona

Line 46) I don’t know if this is true, but I think I read someone saying that it’s one of the safest countries in the world to live in.


Sotsona

Line 47) When it comes to the region, they have everything. They have beaches, snowy weather, blissful summers, even mountains.


Sotsona

Line 48) And I also think that Swedish accents are interesting. I’d love to learn the language.


Sotsona

Line 49) What about you? Where would you want to live?


Sotsona looks interested in hearing Casimir’s response.


Casimir

Line 50) I’d want to live in China.


Casimir

Line 51) The architecture there is insane. There are many attractions that look lovely.


Casimir

Line 52) The culture is rich, the people there are very respectful… 


Casimir

Line 53) The country just calls my name. It’s very beautiful there.


Sotsona nods her head in understandment.


Sotsona

Line 54) Then why don’t you just move?


Casimir laughs.


Casimir

Line 55) It sound like you want me to move just to get rid of me.


Sotsona offers Casimir reassurance.


Sotsona

Line 56) No. It’s just you have the ability to do so, so why not just go?


Sotsona

Line 57) I mean of course, maybe learn the language first, which will probably take you a couple of years.


Sotsona

Line 58) But, it’s a realistic aspiration. You can make it happen within the snap of your fingers.


Casimir considers Sotsona’s explanation.


Casimir

Line 59) I get what you mean when you say it’s realistically something I could do.


Casimir

Line 60) But, at the same time, I’d have to consider so many factors.


Casimir

Line 61) Everyone I know is back in Chicago. I wouldn’t want to them leave on their own.


Casimir

Line 62) Where else would I work? I can’t just do nothing in China for the rest of my life.


Sotsona

Line 63) When you sort all that out, you could always still ACTUALLY live there.


Sotsona

Line 64) So, what’s holding you back?


Casimir

Line 65) It’s not that simple to let go of the place I’ve lived in my whole life.


Casimir

Line 66) Chicago holds a deep place in my heart. I was born and raised in Illinois.


Casimir

Line 67) Leaving it to fulfill my own reckless aspirations seems a bit selfish.


Sotsona

Line 68) How is it selfish to live in the country you’ve always wanted to live in?


Casimir

Line 69) I don’t know. It just seems like too big of a change to commit to now.


Sotsona

Line 70) So, you’re scared of change?


Casimir

Line 71) Isn’t everyone? We’ve built this enclosure for ourselves that keeps us in our comfort zones.


Casimir

Line 72) And when something threatens that comfort zone, we get defensive and find excuses to substitute that fear.


Casimir

Line 73) What can I say? I’m only human.


Casimir raises his hands in a “spare me” stance.


Sotsona

Line 74) That’s true. We think broadly about certain things, and then freeze up when we have to consider taking action upon them.


Sotsona

Line 75) It’s silly, but it’s in our nature, I suppose.


Sotsona

Line 76) In that case, we just have to get bolder in making spontaneous decisions.


Sotsona

Line 77) Just doing something and not thinking twice about the outcome or consequences.


They walk along a dock, where many yachts and boats are tied upon.


Casimir

Line 78) Have you ever been on a yacht?


Sotsona shakes her head no.


Sotsona

Line 79) Does it feel weird being in a capsule and rocking in the water each time a wave passes through?


Casimir

Line 80) It depends on the person. Some get sea sick.


Casimir

Line 81) But if you’re not prone to motion sickness, you should be fine. It’s quite stationary. Just like a plane*.


*Refer back to episode 34, line 16.


Casimir

Line 82) There’s no other way to describe it besides feeling like you’re floating on water, with slight vibrations here and there.


As they walk along the dock, they stumble into a huge yacht with an open entrance and lights on from the inside.


The yacht is still attached to the dock on a rope.


Casimir and Sotsona can hear people bustling on the inside, along with loud music playing.


Casimir leads himself to the entrance of the yacht and extends his hand out for Sotsona to enter with him.


Casimir

Line 83) Why don’t you feel if for yourself?


Sotsona replies in a sarcastic way.


Sotsona

Line 84) Nice joke.


Casimir replies in an assertive manner.


Casimir

Line 85) I’m not joking. Let’s get in.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in shock.


Sotsona

Line 86) Are you crazy? This is someone’s private property. We can’t just get on it like nothing.


Sotsona

Line 87) We have no clue who these people are. Why would you want to get on a stranger’s boat?


Casimir

Line 88) I feel like it goes along with the theme of how you were saying we should do bolder things more often without thinking twice about the consequences or outcomes.


Sotsona

Line 89) But I didn’t allude that you apply it to everything.


Casimir offers Sotsona reassurance.


Casimir

Line 90) Don’t be such a stickler for rules. Come on. It’ll be fun. Let’s just go. What’s the worst that can happen?


Sotsona thinks of a bad outcome.


Sotsona

Line 91) What if we set sail? We don’t have any clue where we’ll be heading.


Casimir

Line 92) No one uses a yacht like this to go too far. I’m certain they’ll be near the bay’s park.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in confused desperation.


Sotsona

Line 93) Why do you want to go so badly?


Casimir responds passionately.


Casimir

Line 94) I just want to go on an adventure.


Sotsona looks at Casimir with concern.


Sotsona

Line 95) This is going too far. I’m scared of our safety.


Casimir gives Sotsona a reassuring and convincing smile. 


Casimir

Line 96) Just follow my lead.


Casimir

Line 97) We’ll blend in just fine.


Casimir extends his hands out for Sotsona to grab onto to get on the yacht.


Casimir

Line 98) This is harmless. We’re not doing anything detrimental to anybody.


Casimir

Line 99) Don’t you want to know what it’s like to float on water?


Sotsona sighs and rolls her eyes in annoyance.


Sotsona

Line 100) Fine. But if we get caught, I’m putting the blame on you.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on July 16, 2024
Last Updated on July 16, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing