Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 42

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 42

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Sotsona and Casimir continue to relax in the hot tub together. Casimir tries to enact what the specialist advised him to do.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 42:


February 25th 2024. The day is Sunday.


Sotsona and Casimir are chilling in a jacuzzi together at the spa resort.


Sotsona just asked Casimir what he thinks of her hair.


Casimir blushes, appreciating Sotsona’s new makeover.


Line 1) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Is it just me, or did she get even more magnificent?


Sotsona

Line 2) Guess what? They used Adair hair products for the treatment I got.


Casimir happily smiles.


Casimir

Line 3) Who would’ve thunk that our products reached Oceania?


Casimir

Line 4) A place I had no clue about just until a couple days ago.


Casimir

Line 5) I’ll be happy to let my mother know that her business is doing well internationally too.


Sotsona

Line 6) You never answered my question. How does my hair look?


Casimir gives Sotsona a speculating look, trying to take in her new hairstyle.


Sotsona blushes seeing Casimir’s focused face.


Line 7) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: His eyes look so dreamy. I feel a bit self-conscious around him now that he’s looking at me like this.


Line 8) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Who knows what he could be thinking about my hair? All I know is I don’t want to let him down.


Casimir warmly smiles at Sotsona.


Sotsona’s eyes spark in ease.


Line 9) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Why do I feel so relieved from that reaction?


Line 10) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It's just that I feel pretty with my new hair, and Casimir seems to like it, so that makes me feel even prettier.


*Casimir gets reminded of what the specialist said to him.


Casimir’s narration:


Line 11) I have to give it all my might for the timing between Sotsona and me to be perfect.


Line 12) Therefore, if I’m supposed to work up to our kiss, I’ll have to bring my A game.


Line 13) According to the specialist, I need to work things out with Sotsona the second we see each other again.


Line 14) And that moment just so happens to be now.


Line 15) So, I should say something that’ll ease us into our relationship’s progression.


Line 16) Which is slightly tricky because if I’m offly flirtatious, that’ll just rush things between us.


Casimir notices Sotsona anticipating validation from him.


Line 17) But if I say something that’s too neutral, it’ll bring her confidence down.


Line 18) She’s usually quite timid, but from how she’s been acting today, she’s showcasing courage.


Line 19) I wouldn’t want to ruin her mood by saying something too bland. THE Casimir Adair is never boring.

Casimir

Line 20) Your hair looks felicitous.


Sotsona stares at Casimir in confusion.


Sotsona

Line 21) … Thanks? But, what does that mean?


Casimir embarrassingly looks at Sotsona.


He bashes himself on the inside.


Line 22) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Great job, idiot! Why’d you choose the most complex word in the book?


Line 23) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I was trying to sound cool, but who casually uses a word like that in their vocabulary?


Casimir rubs his head in distress.


Line 24) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m such a fool. Why couldn’t I just say that her hair suits her very well?


Line 25) Casimir’s inner thoughts: To save myself, I guess I need to go back to my roots and say something flirtatious.


Casimir

Line 26) Scratch what I said earlier. All I’m trying to say is that you look beautiful.


Sotsona blushes from Casimir’s remark.


Casimir catches Sotsona’s reaction and assumes that she misunderstood what he said.


Casimir panics trying to justify himself to her.


Casimir

Line 27) N-Not that you weren’t already beautiful before this haircut!


Casimir rubs his head in disappointment.


Casimir

Line 28) All I'm trying to say is that you look gorgeous. With or without the haircut.


Casimir

Line 29) But this haircut accentuates your features, making you stand out much more.


Casimir

Line 30) It’s also making me notice some things I haven’t before, for the better.


Sotsona smiles and puts her hand on Casimir’s shoulder for assurance.


Casimir flinches from her touch.


Sotsona

Line 31) No need to get all panicky. I knew what you meant without your clarifications from the start.


Sotsona

Line 32) Thank you. Hearing that from you means a lot.


Casimir blushes.


Casimir

Line 33) I’m just glad you like it. If you’re happy, so am I.


Sotsona takes her hand off of Casimir’s shoulder and continues to relax in the hot tub.


Line 34) Casimir’s inner thoughts: This is the first time she’s touched me like that. Especially with my shoulder bare.


Casimir rubs his head in shame.


Line 35) Casimir’s inner thoughts: What am I thinking? We’ve known each other for less than a week. Of course she hasn’t touched me like that, period! 


Line 36) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’ve got to get a hold of myself. Why am I thinking this way about her?


Casimir looks over at Sotsona and she catches his gaze.


Their eyes interlock.


Casimir strikes up a conversation to break the awkward tensions between them.


Casimir

Line 37) S-So, did you have a good time here?


Sotsona looks comfortable around Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 38) Yes I did. This is definitely not my last time going to a spa, that’s for sure.


Casimir smiles.


Casimir

Line 39) What did you get done?


Sotsona

Line 40) I got some hair treatments, a massage, and they also did my nails.


Sotsona shows her dew to Casimir.


He intently looks at them noticing the styles she went for.


Casimir

Line 41) They look neat. Do you like them?


Sotsona

Line 42) I love them. This was my first time ever getting my nails done, and I really love the outcome.


Casimir

Line 43) If you like doing these kinds of things so much, I can take you there whenever you want.


Casimir

Line 44) Like I said, if you’re happy, so am I.


Sotsona wholesomely smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 45) One time is enough. I feel so spoiled getting all this princess treatment done.


Casimir

Line 46) But a princess deserves princess treatment.


Sotsona teases Casimir by splashing some water on him.


Casimir

Line 47) Oh, by the way. Did you keep your hair?


Sotsona

Line 48) Yes, I did. I had such an understanding hairdresser, so she didn’t throw any of it away.


Sotsona

Line 49) She wasn’t even creeped out when I mentioned it. In fact, she suggested I donate it in the first place.


Casimir smiles.


Casimir

Line 50) What kind of herb are you thinking of buying to burn your hair with?


Sotsona

Line 51) I was thinking sage since it symbolizes abundance and wisdom.


Casimir

Line 52) So, should we head back to get started on the ceremony?


Sotsona

Line 53) I’m not in any sort of rush to get it done. But, I guess we should head back. What time is it?


Casimir checks the time on his phone (it’s lying on rim of the jacuzzi).


Casimir

Line 54) It’s 6:54 PM.


Sotsona reacts in shock.


Sotsona

Line 55) No way! How is it already that late?


Casimir

Line 56) Well, we’ve been here for a while.


Sotsona

Line 57) In that case, let’s head on back.


Sotsona stands up from the hot tub and extends her arm to help up Casimir.


He accepts her hand and she pulls him up.


They stand close to each other.


Sotsona towers over Casimir.


He leans back a bit, pleasantly intimidated by her height.


Line 58) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Her whole demeanor is so different. But I don’t mind being overshadowed by her. It just slightly makes me nervous. In a good way though.


They stop at an herb shop and purchase some sage and matches.


They get home and unwind a bit.


Sotsona gets the items they purchased ready for the ceremony.


Sotsona

Line 59) I’m going to burn my hair now.


Casimir

Line 60) Can I accompany you, or do you want to be alone?


Sotsona

Line 61) I wouldn’t mind if you tagged along. But I’ll most likely be silent the whole time, so don’t expect so much.


Casimir

Line 62) That’s fine. I just want to be there for you.


Sotsona smiles, appreciating Casimir’s consideration.


Casimir

Line 63) I think you should do it out on the balcony though. We wouldn’t want the smoke detectors to go off.


Casimir

Line 64) And is it even safe to inhale the smoke from your hair?


Sotsona shrugs.


Sotsona

Line 65) I have no clue. But to be safe, you’re right, we should go outside.


They head to the balcony of their hotel room and sit on the ground.


The wind blows Sotsona’s hair.


Sotsona

Line 66) What a nice breeze! The weather here is so delightful and humid! The smell of the air is so nice!


Casimir admires Sotsona’s beauty from afar.


She starts the ceremony by placing all the hair from the bag the hairdresser kept, into a bowl (the hotel has dishes in the room as an amenity).


Sotsona unravels some sage from the hemp cord wrapped around it, and places some of it in the bowl along with her hair.


She opens the match box and takes out a match, lighting it with the side of the box.


The match lights on fire and Sotsona lights her hair and sage together in the bowl.


Sotsona blows out the match when the sage and hair catch on fire.


Casimir intently looks at Sotsona as she starts on the ceremony.


Sotsona looks at her hair as it starts to burn with the sage.


She closes her eyes, deep in thought


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 67) Burn that which no longer serves me.


Line 68) Cleanse me of my impurities and grant me rejuvenation.


Line 69) Give me some sort of sign that I’m doing the right thing.


Line 70) That giving up a life that I wanted nothing to do with, was the right decision.


Line 71) That moving in with Casimir and agreeing to marry him, was the best choice.


Sotsona gets a bad feeling in her gut.


Line 72) But, why does something feel SO wrong?


Line 73) Does it have something to do with how rashly things are moving?


Line 74) In less than a week, I’ve already made the decision to move in with a complete stranger and marry him…


Line 75) … Start a new job and live this new life of mine.


Line 76) I guess it doesn’t feel right because we’re locked in this proximity by a contract.


Line 77) I never imagined myself being in a relationship like this.


Line 78) I was never crazy about romance, but I envisioned that in the near future, I would genuinely settle down with someone.


Line 79) But this is just so arranged and structured.


Line 80) It’s not as spontaneous as how the main lead meets their love interests in movies.


Line 81) I guess that’s what I anticipated, and I guess I’m not satisfied with the way things turned out.


Line 82) But, that has nothing to do with Casimir.


Line 83) I wouldn’t want it to be anyone else but him.


Line 84) So, if I want to get rid of this feeling of uncertainty, I have to ground our relationship, somehow.


Line 85) If I don’t think it’s genuine, why not make it genuine?


Line 86) So far, we have some sort of connection between us…


Line 87) In fact, I was able to get comfortable with him quickly.


Line 88) There’s this welcoming and friendly aura about him that makes me have faith.


Line 89) In fact, after becoming friendly so quickly with each other, I had the confidence to act boldly.


Line 90) It makes me wonder why I feel like I’ve known him for so long.


Line 91) Casimir seems familiar. Yet, he doesn’t remind me of anyone.


Line 92) My gut tells me to make the most of my time with Casimir.


Line 93) You don't meet someone like him every day.


Line 94) It’s actually a miracle that we were even able to crossed paths.


Line 95) I appreciate him a lot. I want to find a way to make up for all that he’s done for me.


Sotsona opens her eyes, and the last parts of her hair and sage burn into smoke.


Sotsona’s eyes follow the smoke into the air.


Casimir’s eyes also follow the smoke and the both of them are found staring at each other once the smoke dissipates.


Casimir smiles at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 96) How do you feel?


Sotsona deeply sighs before answering Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 97) I feel lighter. Like a weight has been lifted off my chest.


Casimir

Line 98) I’m glad to hear that.


Sotsona

Line 99) There is one last pang left though, that I just can’t seem to ignore.


Casimir looks at Sotsona with worry in his eyes.


Casimir

Line 100) What could that be? I’m sure if you tell me, I can find a way to help you.


Sotsona reaches for Casimir’s hand.


He blushes from their interaction.


Sotsona

Line 101) I want to make up for all that you’ve done for me.


Sotsona

Line 102) Do you know a way I can do that for you?


Casimir thinks to himself seriously.


Casimir

Line 103) Why don’t we go on another adventure like we did yesterday?


Sotsona nods her head in agreement.


Line 104) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I slightly remember that we were exploring the city yesterday.


Line 105) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I distinctly remember it being super fun. So, why not go on another adventure?


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on July 13, 2024
Last Updated on July 13, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing