Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 40

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 40

A Chapter by Yosh
"

After what happened last night, Sotsona wakes up resting on Casimir's chest in confusion, having no recollection about anything from being drunk.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 40: 


February 25th 2024. The day is Sunday morning.


Sotsona and Casimir spend the night sleeping beside each other on Sotsona’s bed..


The sun shines onto their hotel window, glimmering throughout their room, illuminating the both of them cuddling.


The sun gleams onto Sotsona’s eyes and she squints from the brightness while they’re  closed.


No longer able to sleep from the light’s brightness, she wakes up.


Sotsona stares at the ceiling of their hotel in confusion.


Line 1) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: What in the world happened last night?


Line 2) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: The only thing I remember is being drunk the entire time, but why is it that I can’t remember specific details to anything?


Line 3) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I should at least have some sort of recollection on what happened, but I don’t.


Line 4) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I don’t even know how I got back to the hotel.


Line 5) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Why is my pillow is so hard and warm?


Sotsona looks up to the side and notices that she’s sleeping on Casimir’s chest.


Sotsona’s eyes widen from shock and she frantically tries to pry herself off of Casimir, but his arms are wrapped around her body.


Line 6) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Eh?! I’m laying on Casimir’s chest?!


Sotsona manages to wiggle herself out of Casimir’s grasp.


She distances herself from him, trying to process what happened to them in horror.


Line 7) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Why in the world was I sleeping with Casimir?! Especially in that position?!


Sotsona thinks of the worst case scenario.


Line 8) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Don’t tell me we…


Sotsona smacks her face.


Line 9) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: No! Casimir wouldn’t dare. And that doesn’t make sense. I’m still wearing the same clothes from yesterday.


Line 10) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: And he’s wearing pajamas.


Sotsona tries to draw her own conclusions.


Line 11) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Technically, he’s laying on my bed. And I most likely was laying here on my own.


Line 12) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: So, did he just decide to join me out of the blue?!


Line 13) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But why? I’d surely never ask him to do that.


Line 14) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But how do I act when I’m drunk? Last time Casimir implied it was a pain to take care of me*. 


*Refer back to episode 22, details starting on line 57, etc.


Line 15) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Did the same thing happen this time around too?


Sotsona stressfully whines.


Her head throbs from being hungover.


Line 16) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Jeez. I can’t deal with this right now or else my head will burst.


Line 17) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I need to take a shower to sober up.


Sotsona heads into the restroom and undresses for her shower.


During her shower, many thoughts rush through her head.


Sotsona smacks her face to put herself in check.


Line 18) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Enough. Why is it unbearable to even be stuck in my own head?


Line 19) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I guess I’ll eventually have to ask Casimir about what happened last night.


Line 20) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But I’m not confrontational. Why do I have to be the first to initiate a conversation about what happened last night?


Line 21) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But if I don’t say anything, he definitely won’t either.


Line 22) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He’ll probably just be embarrassed and pretend like nothing happened between us, when something obviously DID.


Sotsona rubs her head in distress.


Line 23) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I guess I’ll just have to see how things play out for myself.


Sotsona finishes her shower and exits the bathroom in her robe.


As she exits she spots Casimir making her hotel bed.


He cheerfully smiles at her.


Sotsona awkwardly looks at Casimir.


Casimir

Line 24) Good morning.


Casimir walks over to Sotsona.


He gets very close to her and reaches for her hands.


Casimir gently interlocks all of his fingers with Sotsona’s.


Sotsona awkwardly accepts Casimir’s hands as he hold hers.


Casimir shyly smiles at Sotsona.


Sotsona immensely blushes in her stiff position.


Line 25) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: H-He’s… Holding my hands?!


While still intertwined, Casimir gently caresses Sotsona's hands with his.


Sotsona is caught off-guard by Casimir doing this.


Line 26) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: What the heck is he doing?


Casimir’s eyes widen in panic as he observes Sotsona’s reaction.


Line 27) Casimir’s inner thoughts: She doesn’t look like she’s liking this.


Line 28) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Looks like she forgot everything that happened last night. I should’ve known this would happen by morning.


Casimir releases Sotsona’s hands from his grasp and covers his face away from her as he blushes from embarrassment.


Sotsona notices Casimir’s reaction and tries to console him.


Line 29) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I shouldn’t make him feel embarrassed. 


Line 30) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: If he held my hands and gently caressed them, I must’ve done something yesterday to make him feel like that was appropriate.


Line 31) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Stay calm. Just ask him what happened last night.


Sotsona’s body language gets timid.


She hesitates before asking him.


Sotsona

Line 32) … Um. Well, first of all. Good morning to you too.


Casimir awkwardly nods at Sotsona, still looking away and blushing.


Sotsona

Line 33) May I ask what happened last night?


Sotsona

Line 34) I don’t really remember anything. But that’s because I was drunk.


Sotsona

Line 35) I must’ve blacked out again. I’m sorry.


Sotsona

Line 36) I won’t drink again, since I clearly can’t keep track of anything that’s been happening.


Sotsona

Line 37) I was just really surprised to see you beside me this morning.


Sotsona

Line 38) Especially. Since we were… Cuddling.


Sotsona blushes in embarrassment.


Casimir shakes his head from embarrassment, continuing to hide his expression from Sotsona.


Sotsona

Line 39) Honestly, I’m a bit concerned. But, nothing happened between us, right?


Sotsona

Line 40) You were also pretty drunk. So, maybe you don’t remember either?


Casimir droops his head in shame.


Line 41) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Oh, I remember everything QUITE well.


Line 42) Casimir’s inner thoughts: The reason why I kissed Sotsona though? I don’t know…


Casimir snacks his head in distress.


Line 43) Casimir’s inner thoughts: D****t! How could I mess up this badly?!

Line 44) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I can’t tell Sotsona what happened between us last night.


Line 45) Casimir’s inner thoughts: She’ll kill me. Besides, what happened is too embarrassing to admit to.


Line 46) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I should just make up an excuse, it’s best I pretend like nothing happened.


Line 47) Casimir’s inner thoughts: But am I able to pull off something like that?


Line 48) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m quite the bad liar. It’ll kill me to keep this a secret.


Casimir hesitates before talking.


He uncovers his face and looks Sotsona in the eye, feeling guilty.


Casimir

Line 49) So, basically what happened between us…


An explanation comes across his mind.


He confidently replies realizing it’s a good excuse.


Casimir

Line 50) You were feeling nauseous.


Casimir praises himself on the inside, but keeps his cool on the outside.


Line 51) Casimir’s inner thoughts: That’s a good excuse. I’m such a genius.


Casimir

Line 52) You asked me to keep watch of you just in case you felt like throwing up, while you were trying to sleep.


Casimir

Line 53) And I guess I must’ve nodded off by your side.


Casimir

Line 54) Since people usually toss and turn at night, it makes sense why we ended up “cuddling”.


Sotsona tries to process what Casimir is saying.


Line 55) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: That still doesn’t explain why he romantically held my hands earlier.


Line 56) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Based on the way he was making my bed and didn’t feel the need to address some sort of clarification the moment I stepped out of the restroom, leaves me skeptical. 


Line 57) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He seemed nonchalant. And a bit giddy too. His explanation doesn’t add up with his actions.


Sotsona

Line 58) So, why did you… Hold and caress my hands, then?


Sotsona blushes.


Line 59) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He did it pretty passionately too. I don't think that's a valid reaction given what he explained happened last night.


Line 60) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Something else must’ve happened if he decided to do that. He’s just not telling me.


Casimir flushes red from being called out.


He covers his face away from Sotsona again.


Line 61) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Wait. What was I thinking? My excuse doesn’t add up to what I did just a moment ago.


Line 62) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Quick. Think of something.


Casimir snaps his fingers.


Casimir

Line 63) Actually. I know it doesn’t necessarily seem fitting with my explanation, but it’s a technique to tell if someone is continuing to feel nauseous from alcohol.


Casimir

Line 64) You have to touch their hands to feel their blood circulating properly. If your hands felt too hot, that would mean that you still have quite a lot of alcohol left in your system.

 

Casimir

Line 65) It makes sense considering how veiny hands are. That’s how I would be able to tell that your blood is circulating suitably.


Sotsona looks at Marvin doubtingly.


Line 66) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Still, he was smiling at me and touching me quite intimately. I don’t know if I buy that excuse even though it kind of sounds reasonable.


Casimir continues to justify himself, noticing how skeptical Sotsona still looks.


Casimir

Line 67) And since your hands didn’t feel too hot, that concludes that you’re fully sober.


Sotsona’s eyebrows furrow in confusion.


Sotsona

Line 68) C-Couldn’t you have just asked me, instead of touching me?


Casimir freezes.


He nervously replies, adding more fuel to his excuse.


Casimir

Line 69) U-Um. I-It’s actually a scientifically accurate way that monks check and regulate their blood levels.


Casimir

Line 70) I couldn’t have just taken your word. I had to confirm for myself that you were feeling okay.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in a hesitant way.


Line 71) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He’s the worst liar.


Casimir looks defeated, thinking that Sotsona isn’t buying his excuse.


Line 72) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m the worst liar.


Line 73) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I suppose I shouldn’t be too concerned if he won’t admit what happened to my face.


Line 74) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I knew he wouldn’t tell me.


Line 75) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: This is Casimir we’re talking about. If anything happened, it probably wasn’t that bad. Just something he’s embarrassed about.


Line 76) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: If that’s the case, I’ll let it go. But, I just need to confirm one last thing…


Sotsona

Line 77) Alright. But, besides that, nothing bad happened between us, right?


Casimir passionately reassures Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 78) No. Of course not.

 


Sotsona

Line 79) Alright then. Let’s just drop it.


Casimir nods his head in relief.


Casimir

Line 80) I’m really sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.


Casimir

Line 81) Are you still using the restroom?


Sotsona shakes her head no.


Casimir awkwardly replies.


Casimir

Line 82) Alright. I’m gonna go in. During that time, you should think of something for us to do together.


Casimir smacks his head.


Line 83) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Don’t phrase it like that you idiot!


Casimir justifies himself in a panicky manner.


Casimir

Line 84) I’m sorry. That’s not the way I meant to say it.


He looks at Sotsona in distress.


Casimir

Line 85) Just think of a place for us to go. We’re on vacation, after all.


Sotsona nods her head.


Casimir grabs his phone and excuses himself to the restroom.


When he enters he shuts the door and quietly panics.


Line 86) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Nice save, idiot! She saw right through your bluff!


Line 87) Casimir’s inner thoughts: How could I come up with the worst excuse in the world?!


Line 88) Casimir’s inner thoughts: She probably thinks I’m some sort of creep from the way I acted with her earlier.


Line 89) Casimir’s inner thoughts: What was I thinking?! That we would be all lovey dovey just because we had one kiss?!


Line 90) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m so hopeless, now I have a HUGE secret to keep between us.


Line 91) Casimir’s inner thoughts: How the hell am I supposed to act like NOTHING happened, when EVERYTHING did?!


Line 92) Casimir’s inner thoughts: This is HUGE for me. But, now I’m supposed to act oblivious?


Casimir rubs his face in distress.


Line 93) Casimir’s inner thoughts: These are just the consequences to my actions. I put myself in this situation and deserve the backlash.


Line 94) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m pathetic. There’s no way things can go back to the way they were between us.


Line 95) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m the one that ruined everything.


Casimir pulls out his phone and opens his photo app to find the picture of Sotsona kissing his cheek.


Line 96) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I might as well delete this.


Casimir’s finger trembles as he brings it closer to the basket button to delete the picture.


Line 97) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Why can’t I bring myself to do it?


Casimir disappointingly presses the hide button instead.


Line 98) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m delusional for keeping this. Why do I think that there’s a slight possibility that we could work things out? That’s the only reason why I’m saving this photo.


Casimir shakes his head in disappointment.


Casimir sluggishly gets ready for the day in a bad mood.


He finishes and exits the bathroom spotting Sotsona looking at her phone.


Sotsona looks at him and Casimir flinches.


Sotsona

Line 99) What do you think about going to the spa?


Casimir’s caught off-guard with this question.


Line 100) Casimir’s inner thoughts: She’s associating normally with me. As if NOTHING happened between us.


Line 101) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Did she really buy my excuse? There’s no way, it’s SO obvious that I’m hiding something.


Line 102) Casimir’s inner thoughts: But I should go along with her demeanor if I want to act nonchalantly.


Line 103) Casimir’s inner thoughts: A spa would calm my nerves, that’s for sure.


Line 104) Casimir’s inner thoughts: If I go, maybe I’ll be able to forget about what happened between us, or at least be calmer about it.


Casimir

Line 105) A spa sounds nice.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on July 11, 2024
Last Updated on July 11, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing