In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 59

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 59

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Marvin and Calista tell Talulla about their plan to time travel back to Marvin's time together. Talulla gives them her two cents, but it's not what the couple expects.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 59:


January 1st 2024. The day is Monday.


Calista and Marvin tell Talulla about what they’ve planned about. 


Marvin

Line 1) So, what do you think?


Talulla

Line 2) I feel like this is just another excuse.


Talulla

Line 3) At the end of the day, this is all because you guys can’t seem to leave each other.


Talulla

Line 4) It would be easier if you guys would make up your mind and let each other go.


Calista

Line 5) It’s not that simple, Talulla!


Calista

Line 6) Sure, maybe it’s just another excuse.


Calista

Line 7) But if we leave knowing that we could’ve spent more time with each other, that would leave us with regrets.


Calista

Line 8) Spending time together will make us happy because we know we can be by each other’s side.


Calista glances at Marvin.


Marvin

Line 9) I feel the same way. The reason it’s so hard for us to leave is because we know we need to spend more time together.


Talulla

Line 10) So, what you’re saying is that the longer you guys spend time together, the easier it’ll be to say goodbye?


Marvin and Calista nod their heads.


Talulla

Line 11) You realize that makes no sense, right?


Talulla

Line 12) It’ll only make it harder for you guys to leave each other, the more you spend time with each other.


Talulla

Line 13) You guys are trying to flip it around to make sense. But, like I said, I still only hear excuses.


Talulla

Line 14) Do you guys not understand?


Marvin’s narration:


Line 15) Talulla tends to have a good perception about these things.


Line 16) She’s right. We are flipping it around to make sense, but in reality it is just an excuse that we’re trying to convince ourselves is right.


Line 17) If that’s the case then, we’re just trying to find ways to avoid the bigger problem.


Line 18) But, either way, I can't just leave Calista.


Line 19) I want to be with her. And stay with her for as long as I know I can.


Marvin

Line 20) So, what if you’re right?


Talulla

Line 21) What do you mean, so, what?


Talulla

Line 22) That means you guys need to get this over with.


Marvin

Line 23) What if we don’t want to?


Talulla

Line 24) It’s not a matter of whether you want to or not. It’s something you have to do.


Marvin

Line 25) Why can’t you support our decisions?


Talulla

Line 26) I’ve said it many times, I don’t want to see you guys get hurt.


Marvin

Line 27) But, we’re not ready to leave each other.


Marvin

Line 28) You can’t just tell us to do that. It’s not that simple.


Marvin

Line 29) It’s easy for you to say, but it’s not easy to actually go through it.


Marvin

Line 30) That’s why we’re resorting to these lengths because we want to find a compromise.


Talulla

Line 31) Let’s think about this logically. What if we can’t get Calista back to this time?


They all come to a realization. 


Marvin is speechless.


Marvin

Line 32) I-I didn’t think of that.


Talulla

Line 33) Exactly. You haven’t thought this through. So, much is at stake!


Talulla

Line 34) What if you can’t get back to this timeline, Calista? Is that a risk you’re willing to take?


Calista responds firmly.


Calista

Line 35) Yes. It is a risk I’m willing to take.


Talulla

Line 36) How can you say that? You’re being ridiculous!


Calista

Line 37) How is that ridiculous? I want to be with Marvin and that’s that.


Talulla

Line 38) You know what? You make your own decisions. But, don’t be shocked if the outcome is outrageous.


Talulla leaves abruptly.


Marvin and Calista look at each other.


Marvin

Line 39) D-Do you still want to go through with it?


Calista

Line 40) Yes, of course. I’m willing to do anything.


Marvin nods his head.


Marvin

Line 41) If we try to do the ceremony, and it only sends me back instead of you. We’ll have to be prepared to say goodbye.


Marvin

Line 42) If you’re able to go back to my time and can’t leave. You’ll have to be prepared to give up everything you have in this time.


Marvin

Line 43) Those are some difficult choices.


Marvin

Line 44) Are you willing to make them?


Calista

Line 45) I am. You’re worth risking everything.


Marvin bittersweetly smiles at Calista.


Calista

Line 46) Talulla’s just upset because she doesn’t think I’m making the right decision.


Calista

Line 47) But, she’ll come around. She supports us, she’s just trying to process the situation, since she knows what we're risking.


Calista

Line 48) If the possibility happens and I’m not able to return back to my time, I’ll lose Talulla and she’ll lose me.


Calista

Line 49) I’m sure that’s what’s rubbing her the wrong way.


Calista

Line 50) But, just  know that she cares about you.


Calista

Line 51) She’s not trying to send you off, so that you can be done for.


Calista

Line 52) She just doesn’t want bad things to happen to us.


Calista grabs Marvins hand.


Calista

Line 53) Everything will be okay. We just have to think positively.


Calista starts to get ready for them to initiate the ceremony.


Calista’s narration:


Line 54) Now that we're getting closer to starting the ceremony, I’m starting to feel uneasy.


Line 55) This can either be the last time I see Marvin, or the last time I’m in this lifetime leaving everything I have, including Talulla.


Calista halts.


Line 56) I don’t know what I did to deserve making these rough decisions.


Line 57) All I know is that things have been so hard on us lately.


Marvin is getting ready, wearing the same thing he wore when he came here.


Marvin’s narration:


Line 58) Huh, I see my suit still fits. But, it has only been 8 months, so it’s not much of a difference.


Line 59) This is the make it or break it moment.


Line 60) First, we’ll see if what the psychic said was right and I can actually get back home.


Line 61) If that ends up being true, we'll have to see if Calista is able to come with me.


Line 62) If the possibility occurs that she can’t come with me, that’ll be the last time I'll ever be able to see her.


Line 63) Based on my luck, I hate to say it but I think that’ll happen for some reason.


Line 64) But, as Talulla mentioned, I shouldn’t manifest bad things into the future like this.


Line 65) I should look on the bright side. Like Calista said.


Line 66) But, I also have to think realistically.


Line 67) If Calista comes with me, and she can’t get back to her time she’ll have to give everything up for me.


Line 68) The guilt that’ll come sounds horrid.


Line 69) And I can’t imagine how upset that would make Calista.


Line 70) But, if all goes well and we have our time to spend. The only thing that we’ll have to do, is make our peace with leaving each other forever. 


Line 71) These decisions are so difficult. But, like everyone said from the start.


Line 72) None of this was going to be easy.


Calista meets with Marvin looking super stereotypically 60s.


Marvin laughs.


Calista

Line 73) What’s so funny?


Marvin

Line 74) It’s like you’re wearing a costume.


Calista

Line 75) That’s because I am.


Calista

Line 76) I went to this decade's party once, and the theme was the 60s so I wore this.


Marvin

Line 77) Let me zhuzh you up a bit.


Marvin

Line 78) My friends will laugh at you, if they see you like this.


Marvin peaks into Calista’s closet and picks out some things.


Then in the bathroom he tries to fix up her hair.


They’re all up close while he does her makeup.


Calista glances at Marvin.


Calista

Line 79) I'm surprised you know how to do this well.


Calista blushes.


Marvin

Line 80) I would give my little sister many makeovers, which gave me expertise with my girl friends.


Marvin is shocked.


Marvin

Line 81) Not my girlfriends, I meant my friends that are girls.



Marvin

Line 82) They would always tell me to help them out.


Calista smiles.


Calista

Line 83) That’s adorable.


Marvin blushes.


They get all ready and Calista tries to strike a conversation with Talulla.


Calista

Line 84) I’m gonna try to strike a conversation with her. I don’t want things to end this way.


Marvin gives Calista thumbs up, and Calista knocks on Talulla’s door.


Calista

Line 85) Hey, can we talk, Talulla?


Talulla doesn’t say anything.


Calista walks in anyways.


Talulla looks at her and is shocked by the way she’s dressed.


Talulla

Line 86) You’ve already made up your mind?


Calista

Line 87) I have, even though there’s a lot on the line.


Calista

Line 88) I really want to do this.


Calista

Line 89) I know there’s a lot of things that can go wrong. 


Calista

Line 90) But, I’m choosing to do something, rather than nothing at all.


Talulla

Line 91) You must really love him then.


Calista

Line 92) Yeah, I do.


Talulla

Line 93) I want you to be happy. I really do.


Talulla

Line 94) But, I’m just feeling super weary about all of this.


Talulla

Line 95) On top of you getting hurt. I don’t want you to leave.


Talulla starts getting emotional.


Talulla

Line 96) You’re practically my sister, Calista. I don’t want to never be able to see you again.


We get a montage of all they’ve done together.


Talulla

Line 97) I care about you so much, and I don’t want you to leave my life.


Talulla

Line 98) Which is why I’m so scared for you to go through with this.


Calista starts getting emotional as well.


Calista

Line 99) You’re my best friend too, Talulla.


Calista

Line 100) We’ve been through so much together, and I thank you so much for all you’ve done.


Calista

Line 101) You’ve provided me with endless support and I’m so lucky that you’ve been by my side all this time.

Calista thinks.


Calista

Line 102) Come with me, Talulla. Let’s go together.



Talulla is shocked.


Calista

Line 103) If things don’t work out and I can’t come back to this time. I want to have you by my side.


Calista

Line 104) If I have you with me, I’ll be more secure.


Calista

Line 105) So, come with us. What do you think?


Talulla thinks.


Calista

Line 106) Everything will work out. We just have to believe in ourselves.


Talulla

Line 107) I’ll come. I don’t want to leave you either.


They hug each other tightly.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 59 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

Author's note: Again, this particular episode in my story underwent a lot of revisions, not as impactful as episode 56, but I still had to change a lot elements in my story to make more sense. Upon reviewing it, I felt the need to make some changes to ensure my message was conveyed effectively. For a better understanding of my work, I suggest checking out the updated version on Wattpad. Thank you for taking the time to read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing