Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 56

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 56

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Marvin waits for Calista at the rooftop of the apartment complex. Will Calista meet Marvin after reading his letter? Or will she stay behind, scrapping everything they've been through together?

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 56:


December 31 2023. The day is Sunday.


Marvin is at the rooftop thinking about whether Calista will come looking for him or not.


Marvin’s narration:


Line 1) It shouldn't take too long for her to read and process the letter.


Line 2) I’ll put a time limit on it. If she doesn’t come in 20 minutes, then it’s done for.


Marvin stares at the sky.


Line 3) The stars are glistening quite bright today.


Line 4) It’s perfect for the New Years.


Line 5) Is there a moon out?


Marvin turns his head side to side and then turns back.


There he spots a tearful Calista standing right in front of him.


He gets startled for a moment and looks away.


Line 6) Marvin: I didn’t hear any footsteps! How’d she sneak behind me?


Calista

Line 7) You jerk! 


Marvin rubs his head and keeps his back facing Calista.


Calista

Line 8) Firstly, you don’t stay in touch with me when I’m gone!


Calista

Line 9) Secondly, when I’m back from my trip you suddenly aren’t there even though we haven’t seen each other in a week!


Calista

Line 10) And now, you can’t even bear to look at me!


Calista

Line 11) Am I really that dreadful?!


Marvin painfully takes in all Calista’s saying.


Marvin

Line 12) You know that’s not true.


Calista

Line 13) Oh, now you want to speak?!


Calista

Line 14) No hi, hello, or how’re you doing?!


Calista

Line 15) Were you contemplating leaving without saying goodbye?!


Calista

Line 16) I really thought you were different, Marvin!


Calista

Line 17) But out of everyone else who’s hurt me, you’re hurting me the most right now.


Calista

Line 18) Do you have anything to say for yourself?!


Marvin

Line 19) I-. I-I’m sorry.


Marvin

Line 20) I’m just so very sorry.


Calista

Line 21) For what?! Being a jerk?!


Calista

Line 22) A coward?!


Calista

Line 23) What are you sorry for?!


Marvin

Line 24) Everything! I’m sorry for everything!


Marvin

Line 25) You don’t need to remind me of what I already know.


Marvin

Line 26) I hear that plenty well for myself.


Calista

Line 27) Did you ever stop to think of what I would think about all of this?!


Calista

Line 28) Did you ever ask me if it was okay, to make all of these rash decisions without letting me know?!


Calista

Line 29) How dare you ever think that leaving me out of this would solve anything?!


Marvin

Line 30) I was trying to protect you!


Marvin finally faces Calista.


Marvin

Line 31) How could I ever let someone I care so deeply about be meddled into my problems?!


Marvin

Line 32) Do you realize that after all of this is over I have to leave you regardless?!


Marvin

Line 33) Exactly the way your brother left you.


Marvin

Line 34) Even Talulla’s well aware that’ll cause you anguish. So, why can’t you wrap your head around that?!


Marvin

Line 35) So, am I really the bad guy for simply looking out for the woman I love?!


Marvin

Line 36) The woman I think about every second! No, every millisecond of my life!


Marvin’s voice cracks and he starts to break down.


Marvin

Line 37) When you're away it’s like I can’t breathe!


Marvin

Line 38) It frustrates me that I can’t put into words how I feel about you!


Marvin

Line 39) If I could put it into words, it would be the most perfect thing I've ever said!


Marvin

Line 40) If I could go through all of this again, I would only if it meant I could be with you!


Marvin

Line 41) I wouldn’t have wanted it to be with any other person!


Marvin

Line 42) We were meant to cross paths.


Marvin

Line 43) There’s no doubt that all of this was meant to be.


Marvin

Line 44) And if all of it was meant to be, then I was supposed to fall in love with you, and now I’m supposed to leave you!


Marvin starts balling.


Marvin

Line 45) I don't feel like I’m getting to know you. It feels like I’m remembering who you are.


Marvin

Line 46) Like you’ve been a part of me my whole life. And that I’ve known you for all of it.


Marvin

Line 47) Everything is so vibrant and lively with you.


Marvin

Line 48) My world sparks up.


Marvin

Line 49) For the first time in a while I’m reminded of what it feels like to be truly happy.


Marvin

Line 50) Despite having friends, I hid my depression behind a smile in front of them.


Marvin

Line 51) But with you, regardless of what side you see of me…


Marvin

Line 52) I feel like I can let all of it out, and still be myself.


Marvin

Line 53) And how long I’ve been waiting to meet someone who’s made me feel so seen.


Marvin

Line 54) You’re as radiant as the sun.


Marvin

Line 55) Throughout all of this darkness, there’s still that path of light. That glimmer of hope that keeps me going.


Marvin

Line 56) And I’m an ungrateful b*****d, who hasn’t been thanking you enough for how dearly you’ve saved me.


Marvin

Line 57) None of this would’ve been possible if you weren’t there.


Marvin

Line 58) And I didn’t have the guts to face you because I couldn’t bear to see you heartbroken.


Marvin

Line 59) We both know we’ll never last.


Calista

Line 60) It’s not your choice to make in protecting me.


Calista

Line 61) It doesn’t matter what the circumstances are. I’m the one who makes that decision. Period.


Calista

Line 62) Couldn’t you have said this all from the start?


Calista

Line 63) If I’m so great at letting you be yourself, why is it that you couldn’t tell me this?


Calista

Line 64) It seems you give me much more praise than you should.


Calista

Line 65) After all, I’m the weakling who needs someone stronger to step up and protect me.


Marvin

Line 66) That’s not what I meant-


Calista

Line 67) If you’re going to fall for me maybe you should know me better than you think you do.


Calista

Line 68) It’s true. I’m afraid of being left, but I’m also afraid of not being good enough.


Calista

Line 69) Even if I confess all my flaws to you, I won't believe it when you say you disagree with me.


Calista

Line 70) Even if you tell me countless times that you love me, I'll still blame myself if things don't work out.


Calista

Line 71) That’s the thing. I’m a difficult person.


Calista

Line 72) I’m high-maintenance and insecure.


Calista

Line 73) Not only do I think I’m not worthy of being loved, but I don’t think I’m worthy of loving you.


Marvin’s shocked by Calista’s confession.


Marvin

Line 74) Don’t talk to yourself like that!


Marvin

Line 75) I love you because I accept you as you are, including your flaws.


Marvin

Line 76) I don’t want you to be any different.


Marvin

Line 77) You can count on me. 


Marvin

Line 78) What I have for you is too important not to put up a fight.


 Marvin

Line 79) So, don’t talk to yourself like that, because you deserve me.


Marvin

Line 80) Even if you don’t believe that, I’ll stay for as long as I need to until you believe that.


Marvin

Line 81) Whatever picture you have painted in your mind that you’re this unwanted is false.


Marvin

Line 82) Because I’m pleading right here, right now that I want you.


Marvin

Line 83) Nothing is guaranteed. And you don’t have to promise me anything.


Calista

Line 84) I will promise.


Calista

Line 85) I’ll promise that I love all that I can of you.


Calista

Line 86) The light that beams in your eyes.


Calista

Line 87) The way you sleep so soundly.


Calista

Line 88) The shape of your mouth that forms when you call my name.


Calista

Line 89) I’ll promise to love all of it.


Calista

Line 90) That’s what I can offer.


Calista

Line 91) I’m not sure if that’s enough.


Marvin

Line 92) That’s more than enough, you goof.


Marvin

Line 93) Are you giving up that easily on me?


Calista

Line 94) No. I won’t give up.


Calista

Line 95) Can you say the same thing for me?


Marvin

Line 96) Of course I can. Without a hesitation.


Marvin breaks down.


Marvin

Line 97) I just wish we had more time together.


Calista

Line 98) I wish we had more time too.


Calista starts crying again.


Calista

Line 99) But, that doesn’t mean I can’t embrace these spare moments that we have.


Calista runs to Marvin and gives him a big hug.


He hugs her back tightly and they cry on each other's shoulders.


Marvin

Line 100) I’m sorry for making you cry.


Calista lets out a laugh.


Calista

Line 101) That’s alright, don’t be sorry.


Marvin pulls back to get a good look at Calista's face.


Marvin

Line 102) You’re even beautiful when you cry.


Calista

Line 103) So are you.


They hug each other again and stay like that for some time.


Marvin catches a glimpse of the moon.


Marvin’s narration:


Line 104) Huh, I guess I was right about the moon after all.


Line 105) It couldn't have been a more perfect day.


Line 106) I've finally confessed to the woman I love.


Line 107) And I squeezed her tightly, feeling her warmth surge through me.


Line 108) This is the greatest feeling of all time.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 56 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

*This particular episode in my story underwent the most revisions compared to the others. Upon reviewing it, I felt the need to make some changes to ensure my message was conveyed effectively. For a better understanding of my work, I suggest checking out the updated version on Wattpad. Thank you for taking the time to read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing