Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 35

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 35

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir and Sotsona eat breakfast on the airplane together and chat about some deep things.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 35:


February 24th 2024. The day is Saturday. 


After Sotsona and Casimir get ready for the day on the airplane, they un-recline their seats and set their stations to eat breakfast together.


A flight attendant walks by and gives Casimir and Sotsona menus.


Casimir

Line 1) Order whatever you like.


Casimir winks at Sotsona.


Sotsona

Line 2) If you say so.


After a couple minutes of skimming the menu options, Casimir and Sotsona get ready to order.


Casimir

Line 3) What are you getting?


Sotsona

Line 4) I’m going to have the seared Halibut. What about you?


Casimir

Line 5) I’m getting caviar.


Sotsona jokingly smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 6) Whatever floats your boat.


Casimir

Line 7) You should try some.


Sotsona

Line 8) No thanks. I’m not a big fan of seafood.


Casimir

Line 9) First of all, you’re ordering Halibut, so that makes no sense. And second of all you tried sushi at the Japanese restaurant and ended up liking it*.


*Refer back to episode 19, details in between line 105 and 106.


Sotsona

Line 10) Really? That whole day is a blur for me.


Casimir replies sarcastically.


Casimir

Line 11) It’s not like you blacked out or anything. I wonder why?


Casimir playfully leans his head to the side to mock Sotsona.


Sotsona and Casimir order their meals.


The flight attendants bring out Sotsona and Casimir’s orders.


Sotsona observes how decked out Casimir’s plate looks when they serve him the caviar.


Sotsona

Line 12) Wow! What a pretty plate! But, where’s the caviar?


Sotsona

Line 13) Isn’t caviar fish eggs? I don’t see that on your plate.


Casimir mischievously smirks.


Casimir

Line 14) That’s because it hasn’t been unboxed yet.


Sotsona glances at the round box on Casimir’s plate that is beside the other food that come along with his dish.

Sotsona

Line 15) That round box is the caviar? I thought that was like butter or something.


Casimir laughs.


Casimir opens up the round box and shows Sotsona the carefully encased caviar that is perfectly filled to the top of the box.


Sotsona gets a good look at the caviar.


Sotsona

Line 16) Being completely honest, in my opinion, it looks unappetizing. What’s the appeal?


Casimir

Line 17) It has an umami flavor and a unique texture.


Casimir

Line 18) But, the real star of the show is the price.


Sotsona

Line 19) How much is it? I already know it’s going to be expensive because this is what all the rich people in movies eat.


Casimir

Line 20) An entire casing like this ranges around like 500-1,000 dollars.


Sotsona’s jaw drops in shock.


Sotsona

Line 21) Just for a casing that small?!


Casimir nods his head.


Sotsona

Line 22) Why? For what reason would someone put an outrageous price on such a small box like this?


Casimir

Line 23) Caviar comes from a species of fish called the Sturgeon.


Casimir

Line 24) These fish rarely produce eggs, so the availability is unpredictable.


Casimir

Line 25) Because of the harvesting, manufacturing, quality, maturation, and other factors, all those things entail the price to be this expensive.


Sotsona

Line 26) You probably know all about this because you’re a businessman, right?


Casimir

Line 27) Probably. But, also because I’m a rich man too.


Sotsona rolls her eyes.


Sotsona

Line 28) So what I’m hearing is that if these fish were more common and easier to manufacture, they wouldn’t be THIS expensive?


Casimir

Line 29) Yes. I suppose you’re right. It would be just like any other roe.


Sotsona

Line 30) Therefore, people aren’t really paying for the caviar itself, but more for how hard and expensive it is to get?


Casimir realizes that Sotsona may be onto something.


Casimir

Line 31) … I guess you have a point.


Sotsona

Line 32) That just goes to show that the whole stigma behind it being categorized as “classy food” is a bunch of bull.


Sotsona

Line 33) It’s like people who pay for designer. They’re paying for the brand, not the item itself.


Sotsona

Line 34) I assure you they sell replicas all around the world with the same quality but cheaper price.


Sotsona

Line 35) Just thinking about all of this makes my head hurt.


Casimir playfully smiles at Sotsona as they continue to talk and eat breakfast.


Sotsona

Line 36) The way things are set up in this world is so unfair.


Sotsona

Line 37) Everything always comes down to money and that makes my stomach turn.


Casimir

Line 38) It’s a way of life. There is no possible way to live without it.


Sotsona

Line 39) Yeah, but who set that system up? We did.


Sotsona

Line 40) We could have had it easy. But we decided to make everything so difficult for ourselves.


Sotsona

Line 41) I’d much rather be, I don’t know… A jelly fish.


Casimir looks at Sotsona in confusion.


Casimir

Line 42) A jellyfish?


Sotsona

Line 43) Yeah. Not only do they look cool, but they just float around all day and do nothing.


Sotsona

Line 44) They have no brain or heart, but they’re still alive.


Casimir

Line 45) Why would you want to live without a brain or heart?


Casimir

Line 46) Your brain helps you think and your heart helps you feel.


Casimir

Line 47) I personally wouldn’t want to live without those things.


Sotsona

Line 48) But jellyfish don’t know about things like thinking or feeling. Well, as far as we know.


Sotsona

Line 49) Like I said, they have it easy.


Casimir

Line 50) That’s sad. They don’t have a clue about the world.


Casimir

Line 51) I’d much rather live life with the tribulations of having a functioning brain and heart rather than living without them.


Casimir

Line 52) Being the way we are and processing things can be painful at times. Nonetheless, all the good that comes along with that suffering makes it worthwhile.


Sotsona

Line 53) You can only say that because you’re privileged. I'm just now starting to understand what you're talking about, but that's because you're letting me into your life.


Sotsona

Line 54) If we never crossed paths that one day I served you, I wouldn’t be on an airplane flying over to a country in Oceania. 


Sotsona

Line 55) I would’ve continued living a life that didn’t serve me.


Casimir

Line 56) But, isn’t it better to live this way rather than having no feelings at all?


Sotsona shrugs her shoulders in confusion.


Casimir “hmphs”.


Casimir

Line 57) Well, then. I guess I have a new goal to obtain.


Sotsona

Line 58) And what may that be?


Casimir

Line 59) I want to prove to you that life is worth living.


Casimir

Line 60) To feel every part of it, rather than not to feel.


Sotsona

Line 61) You’re setting so many goals for yourself. Are you sure you can handle all of that?


Casimir

Line 62) Of course I can. The first step to success is believing in yourself.


Casimir

Line 63) If you believe in yourself, you’re already half way there.


Casimir

Line 64) The next half is for you to put in the work to make your goal a reality.


Casimir

Line 65) Which will require patience and hard work.


Casimir

Line 66) But perseverance and diligence can get you through anything.


Casimir

Line 67) Though you may have doubts…


Casimir

Line 68) Believe it or not, some people aren’t even on step one.


Casimir

Line 69) I pray they find their way through life. I wish nothing but the best to everyone.


Sotsona smirks.


Line 70) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Casimir thinks interestingly.


Sotsona

Line 71) So, do you think you’re making progress with your goals?


Casimir

Line 72) Of course. I think I’ve already accomplished a lot within such a short amount of time.


Casimir

Line 73) At this rate, I should be able to complete all of my goals very soon.


Line 75) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: To remind you, Casimir has three goals.


Line 76) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: His first goal, which I can never seem to forget, is that he aims to convince me to like him back… Romantically.


Line 77) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: His second goal is to refrain from using his wealth to benefit me in extraneous ways.


Line 78) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: His third goal is to convince me that it’s more important to feel one's way through life than to not.


Line 79) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Since I think that he hasn’t made much progress in his second and third goals…


Line 80) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: That could only mean that Casimir thinks he’s making progress in his first goal of making me like him back.


Sotsona squints her eyes in confusion at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 81) What are you implying?


Casimir

Line 82) So… You’ve figured it out?


Sotsona

Line 83) Why are you asking if you know the answer to that question?


Casimir playfully smiles at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 84) I think that you’re starting to like me, in a romantic way, of course.


Sotsona blushes from hearing Casimir say that out loud.


Sotsona covers a portion of her face to hide her flustered complexion.


Casimir

Line 85) If you’re reacting this way, that means that I’m right, right?


Sotsona awkwardly responds.


Sotsona

Line 86) Not really. It’s just a bold thing to mention, that’s all. Especially considering the structure of how this contractual relationship works.


Casimir

Line 87) Not necessarily. Our contractual marriage falls under the category of marriage. So, saying this isn’t out of line whatsoever.


Casimir catches Sotsona’s gaze, but she immediately looks away.


Casimir

Line 88) You don’t have to say anything to confirm my speculations. But just know, I have my suspicions.


Sotsona

Line 89) Think whatever you want. It’s your mind. You’re the one that said you’d rather think than not. So, there’s that for you.


Casimir chuckles.


Line 90) Casimir’s inner thoughts: If she’s getting this defensive that just goes to show that my guess isn’t wrong.


Casimir

Line 91) There’s no denying what’s blossoming between us and you know it.


Casimir

Line 92) I’m willing to bet you’ll have a crush on me by the end of this trip, if you don’t already have one.


Sotsona blushes intensely.


Line 93) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: How can he say something like that so smoothly, when HE’S the one that has a crush on me?


Line 94) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Usually people tend to act shyly when approaching their crushes, but he’s the complete opposite.


Line 95) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: And it’s only making me even more flustered.


Line 96) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I can’t let him win. I need to say something bold too!


Sotsona

Line 97) And I’m willing to bet that by the end of this trip, you'll be in LOVE with me. If you aren’t already.


Casimir’s eyes spark.


Line 98) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Sotsona. You never fail to surprise me.


Casimir blushes and smiles.


Casimir extends his hand out to seal their bet in a handshake.


Sotsona extends her hand out too and the both of them give each other a firm handshake.


Casimir

Line 99) If I win, we date. OFFICIALLY.


Sotsona

Line 100) If I win, we get a pet.


Casimir spreads some of his caviar on a mini pancake for Sotsona to try.


Casimir plops one into her mouth.


Sotsona off-guardedly looks at Casimir confusingly, still flustered from their bet.


Casimir

Line 101) I didn’t know you wanted a pet. But, deal!


Sotsona uncertainly eats the caviar Casimir fed to her just now.


Casimir

Line 102) So, how is it?


Sotsona’s eyes loosen in satisfaction from the taste of the caviar.


Sotsona

Line 103) It’s definitely good. But not worth the price.


Casimir

Line 104) At least you can say that you’ve tried caviar in your lifetime. YOLO!


Sotsona

Line 105) True. But that bite was probably worth 20 bucks. Which makes me feel like a rich b*****d, honestly.


Casimir

Line 106) You’re the one that said people buy it for the price and rareness.


Sotsona

Line 107) You’re point?


Casimir

Line 108) If you eat it and enjoy the caviar itself for what it has to offer, then those feelings don’t count. You’re the one that said it’s bull.


Sotsona tilts her head to the side in confusion to Casimir’s remark.


Sotsona

Line 109) I’m pretty sure that’s not how that works.


They continue to eat their food and enjoy each other’s company.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on July 6, 2024
Last Updated on July 6, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing