Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 34

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 34

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir and Sotsona board their plane. Casimir's objective is for Sotsona to have a great plane ride before they land in Koror, Palau and start their vacation.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 34:


February 23rd 2024. The day is Friday.


After waiting for two hours lounging in their waiting terminal seat, Sotsona and Casimir finally board their plane.


Casimir leads them into the plane, and the flight attendants greet them.


Casimir finds their seats and places Sotsona’s carry-on and his above in the storage unit bunkers.


Casimir

Line 1) You take the window seat, since this is your first time.


Sotsona beams.


Sotsona

Line 2) These seats look so nice! You weren’t kidding when you said you got us good ones!


Casimir smiles.


They sit in their seats and wait until they fly out.


Sotsona

Line 3) I’ll be able to see the whole world from here!


Casimir looks at Sotsona admiring her excitement.


After everyone boards the plane, the flight attendants give their instructions, and all the staff and passengers are ready for take off.


The captain comes on the line to give an announcement.


Captain

Line 4) This is your captain speaking, all passengers buckle up as we are preparing for take off.


Sotsona and Casimir buckle up their seats.


Sotsona looks over at Casimir nervously.


Casimir

Line 5) What’s wrong?


Sotsona

Line 6) I don’t know what to expect when the plane takes off. How does it feel?


Casimir

Line 7) It just slightly feels like you’re falling, it’ll also be a bit loud for a couple of seconds. But that’s because the plane will be driving for a bit until it loads up enough force and traction to take off.


Sotsona looks at Casimir fearfully.


Casimir

Line 8) Are you scared?


Sotsona

Line 9) Well, yeah! I don’t want to feel like I’m falling. What if we’re ACTUALLY falling?!


Casimir laughs.


Casimir

Line 10) Don’t be scared. We’re going to be okay.


The plane starts driving fastly for take off.


Sotsona slightly panics.


Sotsona

Line 11) Oh my gosh! It’s happening!


Casimir grabs Sotsona’s hand and holds it tightly to console her.


Sotsona can barely hear Casimir over how loud the plane is driving, but she’s understands what he says to her.


Casimir

Line 12) I’ve got you. Just hold my hand and we’ll be okay.


Sotsona closes her eyes aggressively and waits until the plane takes off.


When it finally does, Sotsona feels the falling sensation and furrows her eyebrows from the adrenaline.


Her ears pop and the plane is successfully in the air.


Sotsona opens her eyes to see Casimir smiling at her.


Casimir

Line 13) You did it! That wasn’t so bad, right?


Sotsona tries to process that they’re in the air.


Sotsona

Line 14) … Yeah. It wasn’t that bad. It was kind of exciting, to be honest.


Casimir smiles.


Sotsona

Line 15) So, are we in the air?


Casimir nods his head.


Sotsona

Line 16) I didn’t think being in a plane would feel this stationary.


Casimir

Line 17) Now that you bring it up, it really doesn’t feel like we’re in the sky at all…


Casimir pulls up a map in front of him on his monitor to prove to Sotsona that they’re in the sky.


The monitor shows a model of the plane's distance and how high they are above ground.


Casimir

Line 18) When in reality, we’re 37,890 feet above ground.


Sotsona stares at the model in disbelief.



Sotsona

Line 19) That’s so high up!


Sotsona

Line 20) Another thing humans are so advanced in. How the heck did we ever figure out we could do this?


Casimir

Line 21) Right! And it’s so normalized too. Like hello! We’re flying in the air for crying out loud!


Sotsona and Casimir validate each other's opinions.


Their eyes find the amount of hours it’ll take for them to get to Palau, showcased on the monitor.


Sotsona

Line 22) But we still have 17 hours until we get to Palau.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in contemplation.


Sotsona

Line 23) So, what do we do now?


Casimir mischievously smirks at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 24) Now we relax, until we arrive at our destination.


Sotsona

Line 25) How exactly are we going to do that?


Casimir

Line 26) I already told you. We’re going to eat, sleep, and watch movies.


Sotsona

Line 27) What could we possibly watch?


Casimir

Line 28) Anything. They have all the movies and shows you could possibly think of.


Sotsona

Line 29) Anything, you say?


Casimir nods his head.


Sotsona

Line 30) Do you think they have “Cupid’s Strike”*?


*Refer back to episode 14, line 36, as a refresher.


Casimir beams.


Casimir

Line 31) There’s only one way to find out!


Sotsona

Line 32) I’ve been dying to know what happened to Chen-Yu* after he got into that car accident.


*The male lead of the drama they’re watching.


Casimir goes to the entertainment section of his monitor and searches up “Cupid’s Strike”.


The search pops up and Casimir and Sotsona beam at each other.


Casimir

Line 33) We’re watching this for sure!


Casimir pulls up the show on Sotsona’s monitor.


Casimir

Line 34) What episode is next for us?


Sotsona

Line 35) Episode 9.


Casimir gets both of their monitors set up for the 9th episode.


Casimir pulls out their headphones and plugs them into the headset portion of the monitor.


Sotsona looks at the headphones in shock.


Sotsona

Line 36) Wow! This plane even comes with headphones! How neat!


Casimir smiles.


Casimir has his fingers ready to press the play button for the both of their monitors.


Casimir

Line 37) On the count of 3. 1, 2, 3.


Casimir presses the play buttons at the same time and they get to watching their show together.


They put on their headphones and look at each other for assurance.


After some time goes by, they finish the first season binging it until the very end (during this time, the lights for the plane go off and the flight attendants bring every person an amenities pack).


As they finish at the same time, they remove their headphones and look at each other.


Casimir

Line 38) This show never gets old. How’d you like it?


Sotsona

Line 39) It ended amazingly. I’ve never been this attached to a show in my life.


Sotsona

Line 40) I’m glad that Chen-Yu recovered from his car crash, and that Su Su* immediately went to him and they sorted things out.


*Female lead of the drama they’re watching.


Sotsona

Line 41) I thought that Chen-Yu was through with. I’m happy that Su Su realized that regardless of Chen-Yu’s parents being against their relationship that wasn’t going to stop her from being with him anyway.


Sotsona

Line 42) And then, when Chen-Yu’s parents see how loyal she is, they finally approve of their relationship and throw a huge wedding.


Sotsona beams.


Sotsona

Line 43) I couldn’t have asked for a better ending!


Casimir smiles at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 44) I’ve never been able to talk about this with anyone. And it feels very fulfilling when you’re able to bond with someone over a show the both of you like.


Casimir

Line 45) I just feel like the both of us are starting to understand each other better.


Casimir

Line 46) Thanks for letting me geek out with you.


Casimir

Line 47) I’m happy that I can talk about my interests with you like this.


Sotsona smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 48) I also don’t think I’ve been able to talk to someone about my interests like this either.


Sotsona

Line 49) I feel very seen. If anything, I should be the one thanking you.


Casimir and Sotsona smile and blush at each other.


Casimir checks the time on his phone to break up their tension.


He looks at his phone in shock.


Casimir

Line 50) Jeez. Would you look at the time? It’s already 5:24 AM.


Sotsona yawns and stretches her body.


Sotsona

Line 51) It definitely feels very late. I haven’t been up like this in so long.


Casimir

Line 52) Neither have I. I’m no longer revitalized from my nap. My battery is dying. 


Sotsona

Line 53) Yeah. We need to charge ourselves.


Casimir

Line 54) You should check out the amenities pack the flight attendant gave us.


Sotsona

Line 55) Oh, yeah. I put it to the side because I was too invested in the show to be able to pay any mind to it.


Sotsona opens the pack to see the essentials the airline company provided the guests with.


Inside the pack is: a travel sized toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, lip balm, a sleeping mask, a pajama set, slippers, socks, ear plugs, and body spray.


Sotsona

Line 56) Wow! This thing is quite dandy. They’re so nice for handing this out to everyone.


Casimir

Line 57) We should do our night routines and get dressed in our pajamas, then head to bed.


Sotsona

Line 58) That sounds great.


The both them stand up to go to the bathrooms of the plane.


Sotsona gets in one of the bathrooms and shuts the door, changing the bathroom status to “occupied”.


Sotsona looks around the bathroom in shock.


Line 59) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Wow! This bathroom is quite spacious, I was expecting something more compact.


Sotsona unwinds by doing her routine and getting dressed in her pajamas.


Line 60) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: This is so lavish. I can’t believe this is how I’m living at the moment.


Line 61) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m so grateful, my life has been such an adventure with Casimir so far.


Sotsona exits the bathroom and spots Casimir making their beds for the both of them (before they got on the plane, placed beside them were complimentary sheets, blankets, and pillows sealed in bags for them to use when they recline their seats for bed).


Casimir finishes tucking the sheets in for their seat beds and leads Sotsona to her seat.


Casimir and Sotsona lay down next to each other and got tucked into bed.


Line 62) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I guess my mind didn’t cross the fact that Casimir and I would be sleeping beside each other like this.


Casimir puts the sleeping mask over his head and gets comfy in his sheets.


Casimir

Line 63) Good night, Sotsona. Sleep for as long as your heart desires.


Sotsona smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 64) Good night to you too, Casimir. 


Casimir covers his eyes with the sleeping mask and heads to bed.


Sotsona looks at him then sits up right to glance out the window of her airplane seat.


Line 65) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: All of this feels so surreal. I can’t believe this is my life.


Line 66) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: If I told my past self that in a couple of hours, I’d be flying over to a different country, she wouldn’t believe me.


Line 67) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: There’s so much thrill in my heart. I feel like the main character of a movie.


Sotsona

Line 68) Hey, Casimir. Can I say something to you? You don’t have to get upright and uncover your eyes.


Casimir listens to Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 69) Oh. What do you want to say?


Sotsona

Line 70) Thank you for this.


A moment of silence passes between them.


Casimir

Line 71) It’s no problem for me, Sotsona. I’m just glad I get to hang out with you.


Sotsona blushes hearing this comment from Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 72) I don’t think I appreciate you enough for what you do for me.


Sotsona

Line 73) Thank you for all of this. I’m so lucky to have you in my life.


Sotsona

Line 74) You made my dreams come true. I owe you my life for that.


Casimir chuckles and blushes.


Casimir

Line 75) It makes me happy hearing that you appreciate me.


Casimir

Line 76) I’ve never been thanked as thoroughly as you have thanked me before.


Casimir

Line 77) I see you and I hear you.


Casimir

Line 78) If you owe me your life, at least that means you’ll be tagging along for a while.


Casimir

Line 79) I know I already said that*, but, I truly enjoy you tagging beside me like this.


*Refer to episode 18, line 96, etc.


Sotsona blushes.


Sotsona

Line 80) I appreciate you. Goodnight, Casimir.


Sotsona tucks herself into bed and excitedly dozes off to sleep.


Throughout the night, as they toss and turn together, Sotsona and Casimir end up facing  face-to-face with each other (but they can’t see since they’re wearing their sleeping masks).


The morning rolls around and Sotsona wakes up from hearing shuffling sounds in the plane.


February 24th 2024. The day is Saturday. (it’s been Saturday for a couple of hours, this is indicated for context)


Sotsona uncovers herself from her sheets and takes off her sleeping mask that’s covering her eyes.


She wakes up with a smile on her face.


Line 81) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’ve never felt the way I did sleeping last night before.


Line 82) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I went to sleep very excitingly and safely.


Line 83) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m happy that I’ve been feeling this way lately.


Line 84) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m in disbelief that this is my reality.


Line 85) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: The possibilities are endless in life.


Line 86) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’ve been getting treated so well.


Sotsona observes Casimir sleeping.


Line 87) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He’s still slumped. But we stayed up very late last night.


Line 88) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Well, technically morning, because we went to sleep at 5AM.


Sotsona checks her phone for the time.


She looks at her phone in shock.


Line 89) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s 1:35 PM?! We’ve been sleeping for so long!


Line 90) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But that means it’s been 10 hours, so we have around 7 hours to go until we arrive to Palau.


Casimir hears Sotsona’s shuffling and wakes up as well.


He gets upright and takes off his sleeping mask.


He flinches seeing Sotsona’s hair (it’s a mess from tossing and turning all night).


Sotsona notices Casimir’s reaction and looks at him strangely.


Sotsona

Line 91) Uh. Good morning. How are you?


Casimir laughs seeing Sotsona.


Sotsona

Line 92) You have a weird sense of humor.


Casimir

Line 93) You should see how your hair looks.


Sotsona is confused, but pulls up her camera on her phone to see her reflection.


Sotsona flinches from seeing her hair in a mess.


Casimir

Line 94) Remind me next time to put your hair in a braid before you go to sleep.


Casimir

Line 95) Did you have trouble sleeping? Why’s your hair such a mess?


Sotsona

Line 96) No. I slept just fine. I don’t know why it ended up like this.


Sotsona

Line 97) Anyways, do you realize what time it is?


Sotsona shows her phone to Casimir for him to check the time.


Casimir’s eyes widen in shock as he sees it.


Casimir

Line 98) Wow. We got knocked out, didn’t we?


Sotsona nods her head.


Casimir

Line 99) But look how much time has already passed. We’re one step closer to starting our vacation.


Sotsona

Line 100) It seems like we’ll be landing in Palau at around 9PM today.


Casimir

Line 101) That’s perfect. We’ll for sure be jet lagged when we arrive, so we’ll have plenty of time to rest and save our energy for the rest of our vacation.


Sotsona and Casimir beam.


Casimir

Line 102) Let’s get ready for the day so we can order breakfast.


Casimir

Line 103) Well, technically lunch, since we’re kind of late for breakfast.


They smile at each other and do their morning routines before ordering breakfast.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on July 5, 2024
Last Updated on July 5, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing