Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 32

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 32

A Chapter by Yosh
"

After wandering the building and stumbling into Yuvin, Sotsona makes her way back to Casimir's office and they start leaving until something unexpected happens on the elevator ride down.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 32:


February 23rd 2024. The day is Friday.


As Sotsona heads back to Casimir's office, she finds him tidying up his workspace after waking up to leave because it’s late.


Casimir questions where Sotsona was.


Sotsona

Line 1) I was wandering around the building.


Sotsona

Line 2) Is it a concern that everything is completely dark after office hours?


Casimir laughs.


Casimir

Line 3) No it’s not. That’s just how things are when work is over.


Sotsona

Line 4) Why did nobody even tell us anything?


Casimir

Line 5) The workers rarely approach me. They tend to leave me alone.


Sotsona

Line 6) So that you can stay cooped up here and watch drama’s all day?


Sotsona gives Casimir a smug look.


Casimir playfully rolls his eyes.


Casimir

Line 7) No, because I do busy work and would like to be left alone during those times to focus.


Sotsona

Line 8) But your busy work is just highlighting a bunch of dates.


Casimir

Line 9) Are you implying that my work is easy?


Sotsona

Line 10) Well, based on what we did today, yes.


Casimir

Line 11) What we did today was out of the ordinary compared to my daily regime.


Sotsona

Line 12) Alright. But I found it fairly simple.


Casimir smiles in an upbeat manner.


Casimir

Line 13) Well, then you’re more suited for this company than I thought.


Casimir

Line 14) And you were even doubting yourself earlier. But, look how things worked out.


Sotsona offer Casimir a nervous smile.


Sotsona

Line 15) I guess everything worked out in the end just like you said.


Sotsona

Line 16) Anyways, do you have some sort of key? I went all the way to the first floor and the exit door is closed.


Casimir

Line 17) Of course I do. We would be locked here all weekend if I didn’t have a key.


Casimir

Line 18) Is everyone gone?


Sotsona

Line 19) No, Yuvin’s still-


Line 20) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Wait. I promised that I wouldn’t say anything about our interaction.


Sotsona corrects herself.


Sotsona

Line 21) Em. Sorry, I meant everyone’s gone.


Sotsona

Line 22) Real talk. Does this place have security?


Casimir

Line 23) Of course it does. Why wouldn’t it?


Sotsona

Line 24) Well, the way everything is closed down makes it seem like there’s absolutely no one patrolling the building.


Casimir

Line 25) That’s just your imagination. My mother would never let such a thing occur in her company's prime headquarters.


Sotsona

Line 26) Whatever. Can we just get out of here already, so that I know for certain that we aren’t locked out?


Casimir

Line 27) Of course. I’m all ready to leave.


Sotsona nods her head and they exit his office.


Casimir locks his office door and they head into the elevator.


Sotsona and Casimir enter the elevator and Casimir presses the first floor button.


The door closes as they make their way to the first floor.


Casimir exhaustingly leans his head on the elevator's back wall.


Casimir

Line 28) I’m so tired. When we get home, I’m just going to plop on my bed and call it a day.


Sotsona smiles.



Sotsona

Line 29) I guess you needed that nap earlier. But, I honestly couldn’t tell you were tired throughout the day.


Casimir

Line 30) I guess I put up a good front then. I’m sorry that you were left to do all the work.


Casimir

Line 31) I promise something like that won’t ever happen again.


Sotsona smiles at Casimir, trusting his intentions.


Sotsona

Line 32) I don’t mind helping you out with work.


Sotsona

Line 33) I’m just glad I was productive today.


Casimir

Line 34) I appreciate your efforts. You’ll be a great employee here.


Sotsona smiles at Casimir, knowing that he’s being genuine.


Sotsona stares at the elevator floor numbers to see them lower.


Sotsona

Line 35) This building is so huge. It takes a while to get to the first floor.


Casimir

Line 36) Yeah. I can’t believe someone was smart enough to invent an elevator to make it faster to get to places.


Sotsona

Line 37) It’s crazy how advanced humans are. We really underestimate ourselves. I mean, just look at all the inventions we’ve made.


Sotsona stares at the elevator’s floor numbers and notices that after a couple of minutes, they’re still stuck on floor 26.


Line 38) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: That’s strange. Why isn’t the floor number changing?


Line 39) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Maybe the system is bugged and we’re moving down regardless.


Sotsona tries to feel for herself if the elevator is lowering, but doesn’t detect any sensations.


Line 40) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But it doesn’t feel like we’re getting closer to the first floor.


Sotsona looks over at Casimir and observes that he doesn’t notice any sensations and is just sleepy.


Sotsona

Line 41) Casimir, do you know why the floor number isn’t changing?


Casimir’s eyes widen as he notices what Sotsona is pointing out to him.


Casimir

Line 42) What the heck? I didn’t even notice. Why are we stuck on floor 26?


Sotsona

Line 43) I don’t know. Why won’t the elevator budge?


They wait a bit longer to see if the floor number changes, but it remains the same.


Sotsona stares at Casimir with uncertainty.


Casimir tries to console Sotsona, noticing that she’s feeling nervous.


Casimir

Line 44) No need to panic. We’ll just press the emergency button.


Casimir presses the button.


Sotsona

Line 45) What are we supposed to do now? Just wait?


Casimir

Line 46) There’s no helpline I’m aware of. So, yeah. We’ll just have to wait.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in a shocking manner.


Sotsona thinks of the worst case scenario and blurts it out in a panic.


Sotsona

Line 47) What if the elevator plummets and we fall to our deaths?!


Casimir

Line 48) Those things only happen in movies. 


Casimir sits down on the elevator floor and leans his head on the side.


Sotsona

Line 49) Should we contact your mom or something?


Casimir

Line 50) Just trust the button. Help is on the way. I’m sure my mom is asleep by now, since it’s so late.


Line 51) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Based on the way I’ve observed how things operate in this building and business, I’m not sure I can trust this button.


Sotsona whines and caves into her fears.


Sotsona

Line 52) Casimir! I can’t die like this!


Casimir

Line 53) Settle down, Sotsona. You’re being impatient again.


Sotsona

Line 54) I’m not going to wait for help to come when I don’t know how things operate here!


Sotsona

Line 55) I didn’t even see any of the security you mention that patrols this building!


Casimir rubs his head in distress.


Casimir

Line 56) Sotsona, I’m begging you to calm down. I’m too tired to deal with this.


Sotsona groans in panic.


Sotsona

Line 57) Casimir! I can’t calm down! I don’t care if you’re tired! This could be our last glimpse at life!


Casimir talks to Sotsona in a frustrated manner.


Casimir

Line 58) Sotsona, why do you always have to be so negative?


Casimir

Line 59) Why don't you focus on the positive aspects of life?


Casimir

Line 60) It’s only been like 10 minutes and you’re already freaking out that we’re going to die in here.


Casimir

Line 61) Just trust that things will turn out for the better. You need to learn patience and that in time things will be resolved.


Casimir hesitantly says his next statement.


Casimir

Line 62) And.. Is being stuck here, really the worst thing to ever happen?


Casimir

Line 63) Is it really that unbearable for you to be around me?


Sotsona sighs, annoyed at Casimir’s misinterpretation.


Sotsona

Line 64) You know that’s not what I’m implying.


Sotsona

Line 65) I just tend to think of the worst case scenario occurring in situations.


Sotsona

Line 66) Saying “just think positively” won’t change what my mind thinks of.


Sotsona

Line 67) This feeling of negativity has already been instilled as a habit for me.


Casimir

Line 68) And you can break that habit by challenging yourself to think differently.


Sotsona intently stares at Casimir.


Casimir pats the space next to him for Sotsona to sit on.


She sits next to him and crosses her legs.


Casimir

Line 69) While we wait, we can talk with each other.


Sotsona tries to settle down.


Sotsona

Line 70) Fine, okay. What do you want to talk about?


Casimir

Line 71) About us. How was your first day at work-ish?


Sotsona sighs in distress.


Sotsona

Line 72) Nerve wracking. I haven't been this stressed out in a while.


Casimir

Line 73) I’m sorry that you feel that way.


Sotsona

Line 74) It’s just first day jitters. Well… Besides this elevator getting stuck.


Casimir

Line 75) I promise you that from here on out, it won’t be this stressful for you.


Casimir

Line 76) And if it is, you know that you can reach out to me.


Sotsona smiles at Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 77) Thank you for letting me lean on you.


Sotsona

Line 78) But, is there a way for you to lean on me?


Casimir’s eyes spark, intrigued from Sotsona’s statement.


Sotsona

Line 79) What can I do for you to count on me?


Casimir is stumped thinking of an answer to Sotsona’s question.


Casimir

Line 80) I- I don’t. Well- You already. Um. 


Sotsona laughs.


Sotsona

Line 81) If you’re struggling to come up with a straight-foward answer, then you don’t know.


Casimir looks at Sotsona speechlessly.


Sotsona

Line 82) I don’t have an answer for that on my part either. But in time, I think we’ll come around.


Sotsona

Line 83) I know we promised to stay out of each other’s personal lives…


Sotsona

Line 84) But, one way or another, I was bound to fess up about mine for the sake of our relationship. That so happened to occur quite early on.


Sotsona

Line 85) But, I just want you to know that I don’t want you to force yourself into telling me anything.


Sotsona

Line 86) However, I feel as though there's a characteristic about me that makes you hesitate in sharing anything with me.


Sotsona

Line 87) If that’s the case, can you tell me what the problem is?


Sotsona

Line 88) Am I being too difficult? Be honest with me. I can handle the truth.


Casimir’s eyebrows furrow, feeling upset that Sotsona is bringing this up and bashing herself in the process.


Casimir

Line 89) Don’t talk that way. It’s not you. It’s me.


Casimir

Line 90) What’s wrong with being difficult? Humans are complex beings. If we were easy, then we’d be robots.


Casimir

Line 91) The way you act shows that you’re human. Don't let society's stigma about not letting your emotions consume you influence your behavior.


Sotsona feels relieved from Casimir’s assurance.


Sotsona

Line 92) Forgive me for prying further, but can you tell me why you won’t open up to me about…?


Sotsona goes silent, regretting bringing up that topic again.


Casimir senses the end of Sotsona’s sentence.


Casimir

Line 93) About my dad?


Sotsona hesitantly nods her head.


Casimir

Line 94) I don’t want to overload you with my lore.


Casimir

Line 95) I feel like it’s too early for that.


Sotsona feels bad.


Sotsona

Line 96) I see… I’m sorry for even asking.


Sotsona

Line 97) We have boundaries. I should keep that in mind.


Casimir

Line 98) Can you wait for me?


Sotsona’s eyes widen from Casimir’s request.


Casimir

Line 99) I want to tell you. I REALLY do. But, the timing isn’t right yet.


Casimir

Line 100) Can you just hold off a little longer?


Sotsona looks deeply into Casimir’s eyes.


Sotsona

Line 101) Of course I’ll wait. Take all the time you need.


Casimir smiles at Sotsona, appreciating her understanding.


Casimir

Line 102) Can I rest my head on your shoulder?


Sotsona blushes from Casimir asking.


Sotsona

Line 103) Sure. You said you were tired. Take a nap until we get rescued.


Casimir smiles.


Casimir

Line 104) Thank you, Sotsona. I’m sorry for being a hassle today.


Sotsona smiles and Casimir leans his head on her shoulder.


Sotsona leans her head on top of Casimir’s and they take a nap together.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on July 5, 2024
Last Updated on July 5, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing