In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 49

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 49

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Since Talulla has been out for the past two weeks due to a family vacation, Calista and Marvin decide to have dinner all together and hang out with each other.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 49:


September 2nd 2023. The day is Saturday.


They all plan to hang out for the weekend since Talulla was out for vacation. We also get a wrap up of the week they had.


They are at dinner and Talulla is making a toast.


Talulla

Line 1) I’d like to make a toast.


Talulla

Line 2) Raise your glasses peeps.


Talulla

Line 3) Okay, okay. All of a sudden I feel pressured. So, forgive me if I stutter.


Talulla

Line 4) You guys are my very good friends. And I’m sure that we all share a special bond with each other.


Talulla

Line 5) I want us to continue supporting each other. 


Talulla

Line 6) And just overall,  be there for one another.


Talulla

Line 7) I’d like to thank you guys for being by my side.


Talulla

Line 8) And in general, being amazing friends.


Talulla

Line 9) I appreciate all of you.


Talulla

Line 10) I wish you guys all the best.


They all cling their cups in for a cheers.


Talulla, Calista, and Marvin

Line 11) Cheers!


They drink up.


Calista

Line 12) Well done, Talulla.


Marvin

Line 13) You did a good job. Thank you or your words.


Talulla

Line 14) Of course, of course.


The waiter brings over their food and they eat and talk.


Talulla

Line 15) Can I propose an hypothetical predicament?


They nod their heads and listen in.


Talulla

Line 16) Let’s say you take the bus home and you sit on an empty seat.


Talulla

Line 17) While the bus goes through all the different stops, a pregnant person walks in and uses the handle instead, since all the seats were taken.


Talulla

Line 18) Will you, as a good samaritan, give up your seat for the pregnant person?


Talulla

Line 19) Or will you turn a blind eye to the situation?


Marvin

Line 20) I’d give my seat up. They need it more than I do.


Talulla

Line 21) Solid choice. What about you, Calista?


Calista

Line 22) I think I’d also make that choice.


Calista

Line 23) However, I wouldn’t do it if it were a more costly occasion.


Calista

Line 24) Let’s say that we were on a plane instead.


Calista

Line 25) However, this time around the pregnant person is just not comfortable with their seat, so they ask you if you could switch spots.


Calista

Line 26) If I were in that situation, I’d decline the person’s offer. 


Calista

Line 27) Plane rides are very expensive. And I’m not willing to give up the money I paid for just for someone else’s comfort.


Calista

Line 28) Sorry, if that makes me sound awful because the person is pregnant. But, I won’t run the extra mile just to support someone who I probably don’t even care about.


Talulla

Line 29) I agree. But, if I’m going to be honest. I would do it just to look good. Not because I actually care if the person’s comfortable or not.


Talulla

Line 30) What about you, Marvin? Do our answers make you lose faith in humanity?


Marvin

Line 31) Well, no. Everyone has different opinions and I respect that.


Marvin

Line 32) If I were in this situation, I would ask for more context to see why the pregnant person deems their seat unworthy.


Marvin

Line 33) From there. I would make my decision.


Marvin

Line 34) If they have a valuable reason. I might give it up. However, if they don’t, I’ll politely decline.


Marvin

Line 35) If they continue to negotiate with me. I would just give up the seat, so that they would stop pestering me.


Talulla and Calista look at Marvin in shock.


Talulla

Line 36) Wow. You really thought your answer through.


Calista smiles at Marvin.


Calista

Line 37) That’s a good response.


Talulla

Line 38) Alright, Marvin. Now it’s your turn. Give us a predicament.


Marvin thinks for a bit, then strikes a question.


Marvin

Line 39) Let’s say the unfortunate situation comes where you are on death row.


Marvin

Line 40) My question is, what would be your last meal?


Talulla responds immediately.


Talulla

Line 41) Two smash burgers, large extra crispy fries, 10 piece nugget, and a chocolate shake. 


They look at Talulla in shock.


Calista

Line 42) You had the answer on deck for some time, huh?


Talulla smiles.


Calista

Line 43) I would say something that brings me nostalgia from my childhood, so Malai kofta, jeera rice, and garlic naan.


Marvin

Line 44) Describe the dish.


Calista

Line 45) It’s basically vegetarian meatballs. They’re made of paneer and potato. Enriched in a creamy spicy tomato based curry. Jeera rice is rice cooked with onions and cumin seeds. Garlic naan is just naan with garlic butter coated on top.


Marvin

Line 46) Mmm. That sounds delightful. We should make it some time.


Calista

Line 47) We definitely should. What about you?


Marvin

Line 48) I would want my favorite dish ever, which is yakisoba. It’s basically fried noodles with some veggies and meat, coated in some flavorful orangy sauce.


Marvin

Line 49) But, I would like it cooked preferably the way my Mama Milly would make it for me.


Talulla

Line 50) Mmm. That dish sounds so cozy. It just makes me want to wrap myself in a warm blanket.


Calista

Line 51) Yeah, it does sound good. You could never go wrong with some noodles. You guys picked good meals.


Talulla

Line 52) Okay, I thought of another one.


Talulla

Line 53) Would you let someone you’re friends with date your ex?


Calista

Line 54) Hmm. That depends on what the circumstances are.


Talulla

Line 55) Let’s say you freshly broke up with your ex and your friend asks you if it’s okay to date them. 



Marvin

Line 56) Have they previously shown any interest in this person before?


Talulla

Line 57) Let’s just say they’ve caught their eye, in THAT sort of way, for some time. If you know what I mean.


They both sigh from how uncomfortable the situation sounds.


Marvin

Line 58) I don’t think it’s up for me to decide whether or not they should date, since that’s the friend's choice.


Marvin

Line 59) But, it’s something I wouldn’t necessarily prefer.


Marvin

Line 60) Especially if they’ve had some interest in them in the past.


Marvin

Line 61) Overall, I feel like a true friend of mine, would never do something like that to me.


Marvin

Line 62) Isn’t classic friendship code that exe’s are off limits?


Calista

Line 63) Seriously. I thought everyone knew that.


Talulla

Line 64) Some people just act oblivious to it.


Calista

Line 65) But, I agree with that fact that I wouldn’t be okay with it as well.


Calista

Line 66) Even if I didn’t have feelings for them anymore. It would just make things so awkward between all of us.


Talulla and Marvin

Line 67) Agreed.


Talulla

Line 68) What if your friend in question is your sibling?


Calista

Line 69) That topic would never be brought up in the first place.


Calista

Line 70) It’s embedded in siblings to never to cross that line.


Marvin

Line 71) Imagine how awkward things would be at a family reunion.


They all start laughing.


Talulla

Line 72) Oh gosh. That would be a nightmare.


Marvin

Line 73) Alright, what if your close friend decides to date your sibling?


Marvin

Line 74) Would you be okay with that?


Calista

Line 75) Honestly, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.


Calista

Line 76) But, we all know people’s true colors get revealed once people get into relationships.


Talulla

Line 77) So, it wouldn’t be preferable because things might get awkward if there are disputes between them.


Marvin

Line 78) But, on the bright side your friend could potentially be your in-law.


Marvin

Line 79) It would be nice to have friends become family.


Calista

Line 80) You bring up a good point.


Talulla

Line 81) I still feel like things would be a hassle to deal with in that situation.


Marvin

Line 82) I have one more to wrap up the evening.


Calista

Line 83) Let’s hear it.


Marvin

Line 84) If the world ends tomorrow.


Marvin

Line 85) How would you spend your last moments?


Talulla

Line 86) That’s easy. I’d spend it exactly the way I’m spending it now.


Talulla

Line 87) With my loved ones.


Talulla

Line 88) Just having a good time with them.


Talulla

Line 89) What about you guys?


Calista

Line 90) I agree. I would want to spend it with the people I care about, right  here, right now.


Calista

Line 91) Just cherishing each last moment we have with each other.


Calista

Line 92) Of course, I would be upset, because there’s so much I want to do before that time comes.


Calista

Line 93) But, at the same time. If that’s how things were meant to be. Then, I’d make my peace with that.


Calista

Line 94) There's no point in wasting time on something I can't accomplish. I’d just enjoy my last moments with the people I can.


Talulla smiles.


Line 95) Talulla: Atta girl! It's good to know what I said to her was understood.


*Talulla is referring to Calista spending her moments with Marvin even if they get separated.


Marvin

Line 96) That’s a sweet way to put it.


Calista

Line 97) How would you want to spend your last moments, Marvin?


Talulla

Line 98) However, let’s say it were to happen in this time, not your previous one.


Marvin thinks to himself.


Marvin’s narration:


Line 99) My time back there is precious to me.


Line 100) The people I know that hold special places in my heart.


Line 101) Overall, the familiar atmosphere that brings me homey comfort.


Line 102) Although I belong there. Being here has been welcoming to me.


Line 103) I’ve found great people.


Line 104) And my heart has made room for them.


Line 105) They are also very dear to me.


Line 106) If come the day I die by their side.


Line 107) I would just want to cherish all the moments I can with them.


Line 108) To thank them for all they’ve done for me.


Line 109) To express my gratitude for their positive impacts on my life.


Marvin

Line 110) I would embrace the spare time I have left with whoever is with me at the moment.


Marvin

Line 111) I would be grateful and thankful to them for being there for me up until my last moments.


Marvin

Line 112) And I would enjoy those moments with them.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 49 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing