Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 23

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 23

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir helps Sotsona organize all the clothes he bought for her while she later has to get ready to meet Casimir's mother, Zephryn Adair.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 23:


February 22st 2024. The day is Thursday.


The flowers Casimir gave Sotsona, rest at the center of the dining table.


Casimir and Sotsona are organizing the clothes Casimir bought for her yesterday in her closet together.


Casimir is handing her the clothes that he puts on a hanger, and she hangs them up in her closet.


They talk as they organize everything into place.


Sotsona

Line 1) I thought the closet in the guest-bedroom was just some small storage room. But, it turns out to be a walk-in closet.


Casimir

Line 2) Of course. Where else are you going to fit all your clothes?


Sotsona

Line 3) I just didn’t think it would be this spacious. I have no clue about the lay-out in this room.


Sotsona

Line 4) By the way, you didn’t buy me any lounging clothes.


Sotsona

Line 5) Everything you bought me is something someone would wear when they go out.


Sotsona

Line 6) But, what about the clothes you wear just to chill in the house?


Casimir looks at Sotsona confusingly.


Casimir

Line 7) I DID get you clothes you would usually wear in the house.


Sotsona

Line 8) Maybe that’s the way you see it. But for me, the clothes I would wear in the house are things like some random shirt paired with leggings or sweatpants.


Sotsona

Line 9) As I’m organizing things, I still haven’t spotted any of those items.


Casimir shows Sotsona a pair of pants that are decorated in a striped pattern with a long-sleeve black polo shirt.


Casimir

Line 10) You could wear this at home.


Sotsona looks at Casimir shockingly.


Sotsona

Line 11) If someone handed me something like this, I would think it’s for going out. Not staying at home.


Casimir

Line 12) Well, welcome to my world. We wear nice clothes in the house.


Sotsona nervously smiles.


Sotsona

Line 13) You weren’t kidding when you said I’m going to have to get used to this lifestyle.


Casimir

Line 14) You never know when your last day on earth will be.


Casimir

Line 15) There’s no point in saving your nice clothes for going out.


Casimir

Line 16) Just wear them whenever you want.


Casimir

Line 17) For me, that’s everyday.


Casimir

Line 18) I want to reflect upon my life knowing that each day, I lived it the way I wanted to.


Casimir

Line 19) And since I want to live my life to its fullest. That’s why I let myself wear nice clothes everyday.


Casimir

Line 20) God forbid, I won’t make it till tomorrow. At least I can die in peace knowing that I wore my favorite clothes everyday.


Sotsona smiles at Casimir as she continues to organize from his explanation.


Sotsona

Line 21) That’s a nice way to put it.


Sotsona

Line 22) It does feel exciting to dress up.


Sotsona

Line 23) You’re right. We shouldn’t have to wait for an occasion to dress-up the way we like to.


Casimir

Line 24) It’s like the thing you said with not having to wait for a holiday to celebrate anything in life.


Casimir

Line 25) Doesn’t that logic apply for things like this as well?


Sotsona is pleasantly surprised Casimir remembered her saying that.


Sotsona

Line 26) It does apply to this. You’re right.


Line 27) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: We’re a lot more alike than I thought.


Casimir

Line 28) We’re almost done.


Sotsona

Line 29) Really? That didn’t take as long as I thought it would.


Casimir

Line 30) That’s because we didn’t get you a lot of things yesterday.


Sotsona looks at Casimir in shock from him saying that.


Sotsona

Line 31) Yes we did. This closet is practically filled with all the clothes you already bought me.


Casimir

Line 32) There’s still some room to fill.


Casimir

Line 33) You saw my closet. Wasn’t everything filled to the brim?


*Sotsona remembers the tour Casimir took her on earlier in the week showing her his place (refer back to episode 8, details in between line 53 and 54).


Casimir

Line 34) So, has anything caught your eye as we were organizing?


Sotsona

Line 35) I honestly spaced out because I was so focused on getting everything neatly put away.


Casimir

Line 36) Do you mind if I pick something for you to wear this evening?


Sotsona

Line 37) Go for it. You probably know what’s best anyways.


Sotsona

Line 38) We should match. That would look pleasing to the eye, don’t you think?


Casimir is shocked Sotsona said that.


He smirks amused from her statement.


Casimir

Line 39) Now you’re speaking my language.


Casimir digs through Sotsona’s closet and pulls out a navy blue glittery dress with spaghetti straps.


He looks through the shoe selections and picks out white heels with a puffy accessory in the front of the shoe.



Casimir

Line 40) These shoes would compliment those puffy earrings we got you at the jewelry store yesterday.


Sotsona realizes what Casimir is talking about.


She is shocked from how accordingly Casimir planned everything out.


Sotsona

Line 41) Wow! You have a good eye! You bought everything so meticulously.


Sotsona

Line 42) Have you ever thought about being a fashion designer, instead of a businessman?


Casimir laughs at Sotsona’s comment and is shocked she came to that conclusion.


Casimir

Line 43) It’s like you’re reading my mind.


Casimir

Line 44) I have, but I think I’m going to leave that as just a side hustle.


Sotsona

Line 45) Well, you’re quite good at it.


Casimir

Line 46) I know. I specifically chose this dress because I have a suit in the same color.


Casimir

Line 47) Let me show you. Don’t you want to see my closet again?


*Flashback to when Casimir gave Sotsona a tour of his house.


Casimir leads Sotsona to his room and opens his closet.


His closet is decked out in rich embellishments all throughout the spaces.


Casimir fiddles through the suits he has hung up on his closest rack.


He pulls out the suit he was talking about that is covered in a bag for protection.



 Casimir

Line 48) Placing a bag over your clothes is how you salvage the quality.


Casimir takes the bag off and shows the suit to Sotsona.


She beams looking at it.


Sotsona

Line 49) You weren’t kidding. It DOES compliment the dress.


Casimir proudly leans his head to the side.


Sotsona

Line 50) Usually suits are quite boring, but this one is so cool.


The navy blue suit has swirls on it made from iridescent metallic paint and jewels that sparkle when shined upon.


Sotsona

Line 51) What shoes will you wear with this?


Casimir

Line 52) You’re the one who said we have to match.


Casimir pulls out white dress shoes that have iridescent jewels on them.


Sotsona beams again.


Sotsona

Line 53) Oh wow! I didn’t think this could get any better.


Sotsona

Line 54) There are some people in this world that no matter how much money they have, they can never buy taste.


Sotsona

Line 55) But, you’re different. You’re stylish as hell!


Casimir proudly nods his head.


Sotsona

Line 56) I don’t mind that you’ll be outshining me.



Casimir

Line 57) Wait till you see how it looks when I have all the finishing pieces on.


Casimir

Line 58) Stay tuned for that later. You should focus on getting ready or you’ll have to rush by the time my mom comes.


Sotsona

Line 59) Yeah, you’re right. It might take me a while.


Sotsona

Line 60) I have to look my best today since I’ll be meeting your mom for the first time. I want to leave a good impression.


Casimir

Line 61) You don’t have to try too hard for that. You’re already gorgeous on your own.


Sotsona blushes and turns her face to the side in embarrassment.


Sotsona

Line 62) Who knows, when you’re all dressed up, you might be the gorgeous one.


Casimir laughs.


Sotsona

Line 63) Before I go, do you have a curling iron by any chance?


Casimir

Line 64) Of course I do. I’ll show you the way.


Sotsona is in the bathroom, all dressed up and hair done, using her new make up to pull off a look (she found the cosmetics in the cupboard Casimir organized for her).


Line 65) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: All we have left is makeup. I’m sure we can pull this off, right?


Line 66) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m not an expert at glam makeup, but it shouldn’t be that hard to do.


Sotsona searches up pictures of glam makeup and sees a smokey eye look.


Line 67) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Wow. This looks so pretty. I should give it a shot. It’ll compliment my dress for sure.


Sotsona dips her eyeshadow brush in some black eyeshadow.


She taps off any excess and blends it into her eye.


As she finishes blending in one eye, she does that same thing to the other eye and finishes it off.


Sotsona looks at herself in the mirror in horror.


Line 68) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Oh no! What have I done?! This looks terrible!


Line 69) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But how else was I supposed to imitate that gradient?


Line 70) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Am I blending it wrong?


Sotsona realizes something.


Line 71) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Ahh. There’s a reason why people say trust the process. You have to add all the details to make it look alike, duh!


Sotsona continues replicating the eye look in a hopeful manner.


After some time, she finishes her attempt.


She looks at herself in the mirror in disappointment and frustration.


Line 72) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I tried to trust the process. But look where that ended me.


In frustration tears begin to well in Sotsona’s eyes.


She quickly wipes them off before they trickle down to her cheeks, potentially leaving an imprint.


Line 73) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: No crying! I’m sure we have time to wipe this off and try something else.


Sotsona whines.


Line 74) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But I really wanted to do something cool, especially for today.


Sotsona checks her phone to see that it’s almost time for Casimir’s mom to get home.


Line 75) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Oh my gosh! I don’t have enough time!


Casimir knocks on Sotsona’s bathroom door and talks loud enough for her to hear through.


Casimir

Line 76) Sotsona? Are you almost done?


In shame Sotsona walks over to the door and covers her eyes before she opens it for Casimir, hiding the the way her makeup looks. 


She opens the door and Casimir sees her tall silhouette with her dress and shoes on.


He blushes seeing all the pieces together.


Casimir

Line 77) Wow! The dress looks great on you!


Casimir

Line 78) I knew picking these shoes was the right way to go.


Casimir notices that Sotsona is covering her eyes.


Casimir

Line 79) Are you okay? Why are you covering your eyes?


Sotsona frustrating sighs.


Sotsona

Line 80) I… Ruined my makeup.


Casimir

Line 81) … Oh. Well… Just show me and let me see if I can help you.


Sotsona tries to hold back her tears and uncovers her eyes to show Casimir what he’s working with.


Casimir reacts to seeing her makeup in shock.


Sotsona looks at Casimir upsettingly.


Sotsona

Line 82) I tried to do a smokey eye look, but failed.


Casimir

Line 83) Oh. That’s alright. Those looks are difficult to do.


Casimir enters the bathroom and takes Sotsona’s hand, so that they’re standing next to each other


Casimir

Line 84) Let’s just get it wiped off so we can restart.


Casimir places a vanity chair inside the bathroom for Sotsona to sit on.


Casimir

Line 85) It’s my fault for planning this meeting on such short notice.


Casimir

Line 86) I would’ve gotten you a hair and makeup stylist early on.


Casimir take a cotton pad and soaks it in micellar water to take Sotsona’s eye makeup off.


When he turns to look at her, he notices her crying and the black eyeshadow making streaks on her face.


Casimir nervously looks at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 87) Oh, don’t cry. What’s wrong?


Casimir consolingly grabs Sotsona’s shoulders and kneels down to her eye level to comfort her.


Sotsona covers her face and continues crying.


He rubs her shoulders in solace.


Casimir

Line 88) Should I call the meeting off? Is it stressing you out?


Sotsona shakes her head no.


Line 89) Casimir’s inner thoughts: It breaks my heart seeing her upset like this.


Casimir realizes something.


Line 90) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’m such an idiot. What kind of guy would schedule something like this after what her parents did to her? She must still be grieving.


Casimir pats Sotsona’s head.


Casimir

Line 91) I’m sorry Sotsona. I planned this meet-up so rashly. I didn’t think about what you’ve been going through.


Casimir

Line 92) I shouldn’t have brushed over your feelings and planned my own schemes dragging you along the way.


Sotsona

Line 93) It’s not that.


Casimir intently listens to what Sotsona is about to say.


Sotsona

Line 94) I just wanted to look good today.


Sotsona

Line 95) I tried my hardest, but I still ended up looking like trash.


Sotsona

Line 96) It’s like no matter how hard I try, I’m still not good enough.


Sotsona

Line 97) I’m just frustrated with myself. I’m mad I have no talents.


Casimir pats Sotsona’s head and looks at her sadly.


Casimir

Line 98) Don’t talk about yourself like that.


Casimir

Line 99) That’s the way things are sometimes.


 Casimir

Line 100) You try hard and it still doesn’t turn out the way you wanted it to.


Casimir

Line 101) Don’t worry. You just have to keep trying until it DOES turn out the way you want to, okay?


Casimir

Line 102) Don’t be upset. I can help you with this.


Casimir wipes Sotsona’s tears and takes off her makeup to start from scratch.


Casimir

Line 103) I know you want to take matters into your own hands.


Casimir

Line 104) But, don’t be shy in asking me for some help.


Casimir

Line 105) After all, we have a contract that requires support from each other.


Casimir

Line 106) I’m here for you, no matter what.


Casimir gets started on Sotsona’s makeup.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on June 29, 2024
Last Updated on June 29, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing