Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 18

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 18

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir takes Sotsona shopping and spoils her with a bunch of things she's uncomfortable accepting.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 18:


February 21st 2024. The day is Wednesday.


Sotsona and Casimir get ready to go shopping at the mall.


Sotsona and Casimir go to his garage and he picks out which car he wants to take to the mall.


Casimir

Line 1) I think I’ll go for this one today.


Casimir points to a dark green car that is super shiny.


Sotsona rolls her eyes in annoyance. 


Line 2) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It would be great if picking out a car for a trip was my only concern in life.


Casimir looks at Sotsona excitedly.


Sotsona looks at Casimir, feeling bad for looking down at him.


Line 3) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I shouldn’t be thinking that way.


Line 4) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He swiftly agreed to take me in as his roommate.


Line 5) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I should be more appreciative instead of critical towards him.


Casimir opens his car door for Sotsona to enter.


Casimir

Line 6) After you, head on in.


Sotsona smiles and gets into the passenger's seat of the car.


Casimir gets into the driver’s seat and they head to the mall.


When they arrive at the mall, Casimir steps out of the car and opens the door for Sotsona.


She’s hesitant before heading out.


Line 7) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I can’t believe how fancy this mall looks.


Line 8) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m still wearing the same clothes I wore to work.


Line 9) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Wearing something like this in such a lavish place makes me feel insecure.


Casimir notices how hesitant Sotsona looks.


Casimir

Line 10) Hey. What’s with the hold up?


Sotsona looks at Casimir upsettingly.


She didn’t have to say anything for him to understand what she was trying to convey.


Casimir

Line 11) I assure you that with me, everything will be okay.


Casimir

Line 12) I told you that I’m by your side.


Sotsona’s gaze softens from Casimir’s remark.


Casimir

Line 13) It may be too early to say this, but, I want you to trust me.


Casimir

Line 14) So, do you trust me?


Sotsona

Line 15) Yeah. I do.


Casimir looks surprised that Sotsona responded so easily.


He’s taken aback from hearing this.


Sotsona

Line 16) These past few days, you’ve convinced me more than enough that I can trust you.


Sotsona

Line 17) I never told you how much you saved me.


Sotsona

Line 18) Thank you for welcoming me into your home.


Sotsona

Line 19) I’m lucky to have met a guy like you.


Casimir blushes from Sotsona’s comments.


Line 20) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I’ve never been told something like this before.


Line 21) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Now that I’ve said what I’ve been thinking about out loud, it came off way too daring.


Line 22) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I hope what I said is not misconstrued from his perspective.


Sotsona steps out of the car and Casimir takes her hand to lead her out.


They walk into the mall and it’s bustling with people.


Sotsona

Line 23) So, where will we be heading first?


Casimir

Line 24) That depends. What kind of style is your type?


Sotsona shrugs her shoulders in confusion.


Line 25) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Throughout my life, I’ve never had the time to worry about my style.


Line 26) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I just wore whatever I could afford.


Casimir

Line 27) You look confused. Do you mind if I let myself rub off on you?


Sotsona

Line 28) What does that even mean?


Casimir

Line 29) It means that you’ll let me choose the things for you to wear.


Casimir

Line 30) Of course you can still pick out things that catch your eye, but I feel like you’re clueless about this world.


Casimir

Line 31) So, let me guide you on what stuff is best.


Sotsona

Line 32) If you think that’s the best move. Do what you want.


Casimir beams.


Casimir

Line 33) Yay! We’ll be playing dress-up all day.


Sotsona looks confused as to why Casimir is so excited.


Casimir

Line 34) See, I knew I came for the right reasons.


They enter the first store.


An associate approaches them.


Associate

Line 35) Hi! How may I help you, sir?


Casimir

Line 36) I’ll ask you to help me later if we have sizing issues, but I know what I'm looking for. Thanks.


Associate 

Line 37) Alright, holler when you need me.


Casimir nods his head.


The associate looks at Sotsona judgingly staring her up and down based on the way she’s dressed.


Line 38) Associate’s inner thoughts: Of course he’s paying. A nobody like her could never afford anything here.


Sotsona notices the way the associate was looking at her.


She closes off her body language, feeling insecure.


But, Casimir doesn’t notice because he’s too caught up being focused on picking out things for Sotsona to wear.


Sotsona tries to divert her attention to Casimir.


Line 39) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s funny how when he’s really interested in something, he gives it his full attention.


Line 40) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I bet I could wander around this mall for an hour and come back to him not noticing that I was gone.


Casimir pulls out some clothes, looks at them, then swings it over his shoulder if he liked them enough.


He goes through a whole deck of clothes and finishes with tons of clothes piling on his shoulders.


Sotsona notices this and gets a shopping bag for them to place their clothes in.


Sotsona pokes Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 41) Those clothes must be heavy piling up on your shoulders.


Sotsona

Line 42) Let’s place them in this bag.


Casimir smiles.


Sotsona holds out the bag for Casimir to put the clothes in.


As he puts the clothes in the bag, Sotsona’s arms falter from the weight of the clothes in the bag.


Casimir laughs.



Casimir

Line 43) Sorry, I didn’t mean to overload you like this. I guess I just got ahead of myself.


Sotsona

Line 44) You weren’t joking when you said you wanted to go all out.


Sotsona

Line 45) But, are these many clothes really that necessary?


Casimir

Line 46) Of course! You need a whole new wardrobe.


Sotsona

Line 47) After this store, are you planning to shop at others?


Casimir

Line 48) Like I said, you need a whole new wardrobe. We’re just starting out with this store.


Sotsona looks at Casimir concerningly.


Sotsona

Line 49) How are we going to fit everything in your car?


Casimir laughs.


Casimir

Line 50) Wow, you really know nothing about this world, do you?


Sotsona gives Casimir a dull look.


Line 51) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Is he purposefully trying to be a rich jackass?


Casimir

Line 52) We’re just here to try on the clothes and then purchase them.


Casimir

Line 53) After that, they’ll package the clothes and ship them to my place.


Line 54) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: This wasn’t what I had in mind about shopping.


Line 55) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I was thinking about getting some basics and then essentials like under garments.


Line 56) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: How am I going to strike a conversation about that to him?


Casimir throws in a couple more clothes to the ones piling in their bag.


Casimir

Line 57) I think this is enough for now.


Casimir

Line 58) Head into the dressing room to try them on.


Casimir

Line 59) Come out after each outfit, so I can see how it looks.


Line 60) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s going to be a bit awkward coming out after each try  in front of everyone in the store like this.


Line 61) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Luckily the store’s quite empty.


Sotsona takes the heavy bag into a dressing room and gets dressed in one of the outfits.


The outfit is a white long sleeve baggy polo dress, with a black striped pencil skirt attached.


Sotsona looks at herself in the mirror after trying on the dress.


Line 62) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Is this considered fashionable?


Sotsona unveils the curtain and peeks herself out.


Casimir waves his hand for her to come forward to him.


Sotsona shyly walks out with the outfit on.


Casimir looks at her with dazzling eyes.


Casimir

Line 63) Wow! Look at you!


Sotsona blushes from embarrassment.


Casimir

Line 64) I wanted you to come out with each outfit like this, so that we could know what kind of shoes pair alongside it.


Casimir gets up and finds some shoes to pair with Sotsona’s outfit.


He sets some black boots with heels and a bow in the front as an accessory.


Sotsona tries them on.


Casimir backs away and looks at the complete outfit from a far glance.


He beams from being proud at what he picked out.


Casimir calls over the associate.


Casimir

Line 65) Make sure to package this outfit, along with the shoes.


The associate walks by and looks stunned, seeing Sotsona with the outfit she’s wearing.


Timidly Sotsona stands as Casimir talks with the associate.


Line 66) Associate’s inner thoughts: Wow! I’m impressed. For such an average looking girl, he’s got a good eye on the things that suit her.


Casimir

Line 67) Try on some of the other outfits.


Sotsona heads back into the dressing room and tries out some more outfits.


Again, Casimir gives his 2 cents about the outfit and picks shoes to pair with them.


He calls over the associate to package each of the outfits he approves.


This cycle repeats until Sotsona has tried out everything Casimir picked out for her in the bag.


They are getting all the clothes registered for checkout after an hour of try-ons.


Sotsona looks a bit exhausted.


Cashier

Line 68) Alright. Your grand total is 57,976 dollars.


Sotsona’s jaw drops.


Casimir pulls out his platinum black card to pay for the clothes.


The cashier looks at the card in shock.


The cashier verifies the payment and prints out his receipt.


Casimr swiftly puts everything in his wallet.


Casimir

Line 69) Thank you for ringing everything up.


They exit the store and Sotsona is still in shock.


Casimir nonchalantly replies.


Casimir

Line 70) Alright. Where else should we go?


Casimir spots a jewelry place and rushes over there by taking Sotsona’s hand.


Casimir

Line 71) This is the main target I’ve been trying to spot.


Casimir

Line 72) With all these outfits, of course we have to buy you some accessories.


Casimir picks out all the rings, necklaces, and bracelets that suit Sotsona’s complexion with the specialist that works at the shop.


Casimir strikes a conversation with Sotsona while they’re shopping.


Casimir

Line 73) You’ve been quiet all day. Would you like to pick something for yourself?


Casimir

Line 74) Don’t make me feel bad for being so overbearing today.


Casimir

Line 75) Speak up on the things you’d like to get for yourself. Has anything caught your eye?


Sotsona shrugs her shoulders in confusion.


Casimir assures Sotsona to pick something out for the ring selection’s they have on display.


Casimir

Line 76) Whichever ring you pick out, will be your engagement ring.


Casimir

Line 77) No pressure. If you don’t like any of the options. We can always look somewhere else.


Sotsona looks at  all the selections.


She sees a shiny blue ring that catches her eye. 


The band of the ring is rose gold.


Sotsona

Line 78) What do you think of this ring, Casimir?


Casimir’s eyes spark.


Casimir

Line 79) Wow. It’s beautiful. Do you like it?


Sotsona nods her head.


The receptionist notices the ring they chose.


Receptionist

Line 80) Aw. You guys fancy the blue ring?


Receptionist

Line 81) The name of the stone is blue Zircon.


Casimir

Line 82) How durable would you say the stone is?


Receptionist

Line 83) It tends to scratch easily. Are you looking for something that has longevity?


Casimir nods his head.


Receptionist

Line 84) I should interest you guys in a ring that looks similar then.


The receptionist goes to the back of the jewelry shop to pick out the ring.


She returns showing a grayish-blue ring that is shinier than the previous ring.



Receptionist

Line 85) What do you guys think of this? It’s a diamond.


Casimir’s eyes spark.


Casimir

Line 86) What do you say, Sotsona? Should we get this one too?


Sotsona

Line 87) But, it’s a diamond. How will I be able to go about my daily life with a ring like that on my finger?


Casimir considers Sotsona’s request.


He does that while he pulls out his premium card again.


He winks at her and this catches her off guard.


Casimir

Line 88) You’re just going to have to get used to it.


He pays for the jewelry along with the engagement ring.


After they finish shopping at the jewelry store, Casimir buys cosmetics and perfumes at a beauty shop for Sotsona.


They walk out to a lounge area to take a break.


Sotsona looks heavily concerned at Casimir based on the amount he has spent on her.


Sotsona

Line 89) How much did you pay for that ring?


Casimir looks at Sotsona proudly.


Casimir

Line 90) I shouldn’t tell you.


Sotsona

Line 91) Either way. Everything you’ve paid for today is going to take me a while to get back at.


Sotsona

Line 92) It’ll probably take my whole entire life. Perhaps my great, great, grandkids might have to handle the debt because I won’t be able to pay it off.


Casimir laughs.


Casimir

Line 93) Please. Don’t worry about paying me back for this.


Casimir

Line 94) Everything I did for you today was on the house.


Casimir smiles at Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 95) I told you that everyone deserves to splurge on themselves.


Casimir

Line 96) However, if you’re thinking of paying me back…


Casimir

Line 97) Another way to compensate is by staying by my side.


Casimir

Line 98) I don’t mind that at all.


Sotsona gets flustered from the way Casimir is talking.


Line 99) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I felt my heart skip a beat again.


Line 100) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I didn’t want these rich tactics to get to me, but they really are.


Casimir

Line 101) Or were you asking because you’re worried if the rings and other jewelry I bought you are ethical?


Sotsona looks at Casimir in confusion.


Casimir

Line 102) Let me assure you that the jeweler we bought from just now ethically sources all of their stones.


Casimir

Line 103) There’s nothing for you to be worried about.


Casimir

Line 104) I wouldn’t dare throw my money into something I don’t support. Especially if it goes against my morals.


Sotsona

Line 105) Good to know. I guess.


Line 106) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Here I thought he was careless about the things he spends his money on, but it turns out he’s quite cautious.


Line 107) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Man am I being heavily humbled today.


Casimir

Line 101) There are some really good restaurants in this mall.


Casimir

Line 101) Do you mind if I take you out to dinner?


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on June 26, 2024
Last Updated on June 26, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing