Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 17

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 17

A Chapter by Yosh
"

What is the aftermath of Sotsona cutting her parents off?

"

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.


Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 17:


February 20th 2024. The day is Tuesday.


After Casimir hugs Sotsona for a while and lets her cry, he speaks to her.


Casimir

Line 1) This may not be the right thing to say right now. But, before I forget again. Can we sign the contract?


Sotsona unbinds from Casimir and looks at him.


Casimir panics thinking he said the wrong thing.


Casimir

Line 2) Forget about that. It was a stupid thing to say. We can do it any other time.


A grim expression engulfs Sotsona’s face.


Sotsona

Line 3) No. Let’s sign it. Now.


Casimir look at Sotsona concerningly, but abides by her decision.


Casimir

Line 4) A-Alright. Let me just go get the papers.


Casimir leaves the room to get the papers.


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 5) After the argument with my parents.


Line 6) It spurred me into realizing that signing the contract is a must for me to do.


Line 7) It’ll ensure that I have a helping hand beside me.


Line 8) I don’t need my parents anymore.


Line 9) Those people are dead to me.


Sotsona checks her phone and sees her parents continuing to contact her.


Line 10) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Why are they still trying to contact me even when they told me that I’m no longer welcome in their home?


Line 11) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Maybe it’s because I told them off and they’re mad?


Line 12) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Ugh! Who cares?! These people are irrelevant to me from now on!


Sotsona blocks their numbers and deletes their contacts.


Line 13) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I hope Casimir will let me live with him for a while.


Line 14) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I have nowhere else to go and I certainly can’t afford to live on my own. Especially in this city.


Line 15) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: There’s so much I’m leaving behind cutting them off.


Line 16) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But, those things no longer matter to me.


Line 17) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Today is the day I’m reborn…


Line 18) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Into a new person that has no connections to their past whatsoever.


Casimir returns to the room with the papers and a pen in his hand.


Casimir

Line 19) Sorry that took so long. I kind of lost them because I was reorganizing my desk earlier and misplaced them.


Casimir hands the documents over to Sotsona with a pen.


Sotsona looks through the papers, quickly skimming through everything.


Sotsona spots an underlined portion where she is supposed to sign her name.


She flips to the next page and sees that Casimir already signed his portion.


Without any hesitation she flips back to where she needs to sign her name and swiftly does so.


Casimir

Line 20) This contract is official.


Casimir extends his hand out for Sotsona to shake it.


Casimir

Line 21) In business regulations, we usually shake hands after we finalize agreements.


Sotsona looks at Casimir’s hand.


She shakes it and he pulls her hand to help her stand up.


Sotsona

Line 22) I need to ask you for a favor.


Casimir’s eyes glisten.


Casimir

Line 23) Sure. Anything you want.


Sotsona hesitates before say her question out loud.


Sotsona

Line 24) C-Could I live here for some time?


Casimir beams.


Casimir

Line 25) There was no need to be so hesitant when asking that! Of course you can live here!


Casimir

Line 26) Yay! I can’t wait to have a roomy! I’m so lonely on my own like this.


Sotsona can tell that Casimir is trying to cheer her up.


Casimir

Line 27) Anyways, it’s getting late. You should get ready for bed.


Casimir

Line 28) Let’s hope that the snow dies down by tomorrow, so that we can go shopping.


Casimir

Line 29) I’m assuming you need new things STAT.


Sotsona nods her head.


Casimir

Line 30) Come to think of it, you’ve been wearing the same thing ever since yesterday.


Casimir

Line 31) Let me lend you some clothes to wear for the night.


Sotsona looks flustered.


Sotsona

Line 32) U-Ugh. I don’t know about that. I’ll just sleep in the bathrobe like I did yesterday.


Casimir smiles. 


Casimir

Line 33) That’s no way to sleep. Don’t worry. Let me go get you some fresh clothes.


Casimir leaves and returns with an unopened pair of pajamas and slippers in a sealed bag.


Sotsona’s caught off-guard with the unopened clothes.


Line 34) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’ve never been offered clothes sealed this way.


Line 35) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It must be some kind of rich thing I’m unaware of.


Casimir notices how confused Sotsona looks.


Casimir

Line 36) I was offered an extra pair when I was flying abroad as an amenity from the plane I was on.


Casimir

Line 37) I didn’t want to use them because I thought I could save them for an urgent time.



Casimir

Line 38) And now, these can finally come in clutch.


Casimir smiles as he hands the things over to Sotsona.


Sotsona smiles as she accepts the stuff.


Casimir

Line 39) But, obviously these are temporary. I’ll get you something better when we go shopping.


Sotsona

Line 40) You sure are looking forward to shopping.


Casimir beams.


Casimir

Line 41) Of course! I love shopping! I try to find excuses to go whenever I can!


Sotsona

Line 42) I don’t think it’ll be much fun. I won’t be getting myself anything lavish.


Casimir looks disappointed.


Casimir

Line 43) What are you talking about? If money’s the problem, I can buy you all that you need.


Sotsona

Line 44) No. I won’t let you do that.


Sotsona

Line 45) The thing is, my parent’s monitor my bank account. Since it’s joint, they have guardianship over all the money I saved up in there.


Sotsona looks devastated.


Sotsona

Line 46) They probably already sucked all the money dry by now.


Sotsona

Line 47) Even if they haven’t done that yet, I don’t have a card of my own that I can use to pay for things.


Sotsona

Line 48) They’re the ones that always handled those kinds of matters.


The room goes silent.


Casimir looks at Sotsona sadly.


Sotsona

Line 49) Everything I worked for was all for nothing.


Sotsona

Line 50) All the money I kept saved for the sole purpose of affording my dream school one day is gone.


Sotsona

Line 51) There’s nothing I can do about it anymore.


Sotsona

Line 52) To summarize, I’m broke. I’m left with nothing.


Sotsona looks hopeless.


Casimir feels bad for her.


Casimir

Line 53) You still have me.


Sotsona looks at Casimir with sparkling eyes, touched to hear his say such a thing.


Casimir

Line 54) Trust me when I say that they will pay for what they’ve done to you.


Casimir

Line 55) I won’t let them get away with something like this.


Casimir

Line 56) We’ll get your money back in no time. I promise.


Casimir

Line 57) I’m a man of my word. The moment I make a promise, I never break it.


Sotsona gives Casimir a bittersweet smile.


Sotsona

Line 58) Thank you for today, Casimir.


Casimir offers Sotsona a warm smile.


Casimir

Line 59) Of course. I’m here whenever you need me.


Casimir

Line 60) Alright. I’ll be heading to bed.


Casimir

Line 61) Have a good night, Sotsona.


Casimir

Line 62) I look forward to hanging out with you tomorrow again.


Casimir

Line 63) And don’t worry about the bank account situation.


Casimir

Line 64) I’ve got you covered. Don’t stress out.


Casimir leaves and shuts the door.


Sotsona sighs and sits on the edge of her bed, trying to process everything.


Line 65) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He’s all I have now.


Line 66) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I hope he won’t let me down like everyone else has.


Sotsona unwinds and gets ready for bed.


She gets dressed in the pajamas Casimir gave her.


Line 67) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: These are some nice pajamas.


Line 68) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: They’re quite comfy too.


After getting into bed, Sotsona checks her phone for notifications and sees that she has none.


Line 69) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Things are so different now.


Line 70) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I feel so alone for some reason, even though I have Casimir by my side.


Line 71) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It must be that part of me that’s not used to being away from them.


Line 72) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But, that’s going to change. For the better now.


Line 73) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: In time, all of this will be a faded memory.


Sotsona heads to bed and gets awakened by Casimir the next morning.


February 21st 2024. The day is Wednesday.


As Sotsona sleeps, Casimir looms above her, poking her awake.


She opens her eyes and sees him.


Sotsona

Line 74) Casimir? What time is it?


Casimir

Line 75) Good morning, you. It’s like 10:00 in the morning. How are you feeling?


Sotsona swallows and notices that her throat still hurts.


Sotsona

Line 76) I feel better than yesterday. But, my throat’s still not back to normal.


Casimir

Line 77) I see. Well, I didn’t expect for you to instantaneously get better.


Casimir

Line 78) Should we check your temperature?


Sotsona shakes her head no.


Casimir

Line 79) Alright. Remind me later today to give you some more medicine.


Sotsona nods her head.


Sotsona

Line 80) How’s the weather like? And did the power come back on?




Casimir

Line 81) Just as I predicted, the snow’s stopped. It’s been quite tame now. And, yes. The power DID turn back on.


Casimir

Line 82) There still is a hefty amount of snow on the ground, but it’s manageable.


Sotsona panics.


Sotsona

Line 83) I wish you would have woken me up earlier! I’m so late for work!


Sotsona rushingly gets up and heads to the bathroom.


Casimir tries to stop her, but she is quicker than him.


When she enters the bathroom she screams looking at herself in the mirror.


Casimir gets scared from her scream and rushes over to her.


Casimir

Line 84) What’s wrong?!


Sotsona

Line 85) Sorry, I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.


Sotsona

Line 86) How am I supposed to go to work when I look like I’ve been crying my eyes out all night?!


Sotsona

Line 87) They’ve never been this swollen!


Casimir can’t help but burst out some laughter.


Sotsona hears him and looks at him offendedly.


Sotsona

Line 88) You’re laughing?!


Casimir covers his mouth to conceal his laughter, while his voice trembles when he talks.


Casimir

Line 89) Listen, Sotsona. There’s no point in going to work anymore.


Casimir

Line 90) Not only are you sick, but, I already told you that I could easily offer you a job. So just take that instead.


Casimir

Line 91) Do you really want to go back to that place?


Sotsona ponders Casimir’s question.


Sotsona

Line 92) I don’t, but it’s not a matter of whether I want to or not.


Sotsona

Line 93) I need money, so I have to work. Regardless if I’m sick or not.


Casimir

Line 94) If you really want to work, at least wait until we can get your bank account situation sorted out.


Casimir

Line 95) I called up a peer of mine earlier who handles people getting access to their bank accounts and he’s getting in touch with an attorney to resolve your issue.


Sotsona looks shocked.


Sotsona

Line 96) An attorney?! Do we have to take this to court?


Casimir

Line 97) I don’t think we will, not unless your parent’s want to mess with my family's capabilities.


Casimir

Line 98) But, we have to light a fire underneath them, so that they’ll abide to our wishes.


Casimir

Line 99) That’s the only way we can get your money back.


Sotsona gives Casimir an assured look.


Sotsona

Line 100) Thank you for doing that.



Sotsona

Line 101) It means a lot to me. Really.


Casimir

Line 102) You can make it up to me by letting me shop with you today. I’m sick of staying home.


Casimir

Line 103) Do you feel okay enough to go since you’re still feeling sick?


Sotsona smiles.


Sotsona

Line 104) I mean, it’s not like I can go on my own. You're the one that’ll be paying, right?


Casimir smiles.


Casimir

Line 105) Yes, ma’am. And if I’m paying, you know that I’ll be going all out.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on June 26, 2024
Last Updated on August 29, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing