Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 10

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 10

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Sotsona heads home after meeting with Casimir. The next day, something unexpected happens.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 10:


February 18th 2024. It is a Sunday.


Sotsona gets home after a bit more than an hour on the bus and settles down at home. 


As usual her parents say nothing to her as she arrives home.


While Sotsona is chilling in her room she realizes something.


Line 1) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: We never signed the contract after listing out our clauses.


Line 2) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: How did we forget such an important detail?


Line 3) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I guess because we were talking about the circumstances of our relationship it distracted us from sealing any deals.


Sotsona has racing thoughts about them leaving the contract unsigned.


She realizes something important.


Line 4) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Essentially that means I could still back out of this deal, right?


Line 5) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But… Is that something I want to do?


Sotsona thinks about what’s at stake.


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 6) Throughout the whole course of my life…


Line 7) I’ve never taken any risks.


Line 8) And because I don’t know what to expect from having a leap of faith…


Line 9) I feel so uncertain about going through with this marriage.


Line 10) I wish I had some sort of stepping stone, instead of a huge boulder in my way that leads me to resort to marriage.


Line 11) Negotiating didn’t really work with Casimir, besides him letting me stay as his fiance for now.


Line 12) From the way he described his mom, she seems scary.


Line 13) I may be able to get through Casimir…


Line 14) But will I be able to get through her?


Line 15) She’s a business woman.


Line 16) A successful entrepreneur that’s established a world renowned company.


Line 17) Not just anyone can do something like that.


Line 18) You have to have the brains.


Line 19) So, will I be able to convince her about our “Contractual marriage”?


Line 20) I’m not sure I’ll be able to pull something like that off.


Line 21) But, Casimir said we would plan things out, so I shouldn’t worry about something I can’t control at the moment.


Sotsona lets out an exhausting sigh.


Line 22) Who would've thunk that in less than 24 hours, my whole life can change in an instant?


Line 23) I don’t know how to feel.


Line 24) Or what my next steps are.


Line 25) Come to think of it, how will I break this news to my parents?


Line 26) That whole thing my mom was saying about me stashing money away and using it on weekends…


Line 27) If I tell her about this, it’ll only prove her somewhat right. That I am doing something behind my parents’ backs.


Line 28) But, why should I care about what my parents think?


Line 29) I already told myself I wouldn’t let them dictate my life decisions.


Line 30) Even if they kick me out, I have Casimir by my side now.


Sotsona rubs her head from distress.


Line 31) I can't rely on him too much. I barely know the guy.


Line 32) We’re still strangers. I have to be able to stand up for myself.


Line 33) But, from the way he was talking to me earlier today…


Sotsona reminisces about what they conversed about earlier in the day.


Line 34) He makes me feel like I CAN lean on him.


Line 35) I don’t have anyone else, so who can blame me?


Sotsona unwinds and gets ready for bed.


Line 36) The day went by quickly.


Line 37) I hardly had any time to myself.


Line 38) It makes me sad to know that in a couple hours, I’ll be up for work.


Line 39) I just want a break so badly.


Line 40) But, I can’t beg for help.


Line 41) I have to work for things on my own.


Line 42) If I want to be treated like an adult, I have to act like one too.


Sotsona gets all sappy thinking about the past.


She rolls over on her side and clenches her bed sheets tightly to her chest.


Line 43) When did life get so serious?


Line 44) There was a time when thoughts like these wouldn’t even cross my mind.


Line 45) I’d give anything to think like that again.


Line 46) I’ve never been so miserable simply existing in my head.


Line 47) I have no one else to talk to.


Line 48) So, I might as well make my mind a peaceful place.


Line 49) But, all I do is worry.


Line 50) I wish the only thing I would worry about was whether or not we would have a snow day for school.


Line 51) Then I would put on my thickest jacket and run outside.


Line 52) Jump face flat on the ground to imprint my face on the fresh batch of snow.


Line 53) Lay on my back and make snow angels.


Line 54) Sneak a carrot from out of the kitchen to make a snowman.


Line 55) If only I could go back to such simple times.


Sotsona gets her sleep and wakes up the next morning from her panging alarm.


February 19th 2024. It is a Monday.


She sluggishly gets up and turns off her alarm by dragging herself out of bed.


She rubs her face and notices how dark and cold her room feels.


Line 56) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s been chilly these past few days.


Line 57) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But, man has it been hard to get up.


Line 58) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: In this kind of weather, all you want to do is stay home and snuggle in bed.


Line 59) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: If I was in school right now, I’d have the day off since it’s a federal holiday. 


Line 60) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But, I’m simply a waitress and holidays don’t matter in this industry.


Sotsona opens her bedroom windows to see what’s happening outside.


She’s in shock as she notices it’s snowing heavily.


Line 61) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: How ironic! I was just thinking about snow last night.


Line 62) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: So, if I think about money, independence, education, will that come to me too?


Sotsona rubs her temples.


Line 63) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Who am I kidding? That’s all I think about and nothing’s happened.


Line 64) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: This is just another stupid coincidence.


Sotsona gets ready for work.


She gets dressed in a puffy coat and makes her way to the bus station.


She breathes out cold air while she waits for the bus to come.


When the bus comes, she gets on it, and goes to work as usual.


After 8 grueling hours of work, she finally clocks out.


She gets dressed in her coat again, then overhears the conversations people at her job are having in the locker room of her work.


A worker asks another worker shockingly about some news.


Worker 1

Line 65) Did you see what’s happening outside?


Worker 2

Line 66) What’s going on? You make it sound bad.



Worker 1

Line 67) You should go see for yourself. It’s crazy.


This conversation makes Sotsona curious.


Line 68) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: What could they be talking about?


Line 69) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Did a brawl break out? People really have no shame, do they?


Line 70) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Well I’m not splitting it up this time around. That was too scary.


*We get a flashback to when Sotsona had to do that when she was working as a waitress (this is an extra detail, not something blatantly written in the story).


Line 71) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’ll just have to see for myself what they’re talking about.


Sotsona gathers her belongings and heads outside.


Immediately her face is hit with cold air.


She looks in shock at the blizzard occurring outside.


The worker gasps by seeing the blizzard.


Worker 2

Line 72) It’s going to be such a pain to get home.


Worker 1

Line 73) Tell me about it. But, imagine how horrible it must be for the people who have to take  the bus.


Worker 2

Line 74) What about the homeless people? What do they do when the weather gets this bad?


Worker 1

Line 75) I’m not sure, but that sounds like a terrible situation. I feel so bad for them. I’m grateful I have a roof over my head.


Sotsona smiles.


Line 76) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: They’re having quite a wholesome conversation.


Line 77) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But I can’t get distracted. What am I going to do about this blizzard?


Sotsona glances at her phone and sees a notification from her bus that they canceled their rides due to the blizzard.


Line 78) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I’m sure calling a cab in this weather is impossible. And if it is, they’ll most likely charge a hefty fee for driving in this kind of weather.


Line 79) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I guess I’ll just have to raw dog it and strut in the snow.


Line 80) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: If I catch a cold it’s mother nature’s fault.


Sotsona pulls out her map app up in despair, then gets a text message from someone.


She looks to see that Casimir has texted her.


Line 81) Casimir’s text: Hey, Sotsona. I hope you are doing well. If you’re free would you like me to pick you up so that we could talk about my mom? I know the weathers bad, but I’ll be able to manage in the snow. What do you think?


Line 82) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He wants to meet up with me during a blizzard? Is he nuts?


Line 83) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But, I don’t want to walk home with the way things are outside.


Line 84) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: But, I’m so exhausted from working all day.


Line 85) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: My social battery is down the drain. There’s no way we would have a proper conversation.


LIne 86) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: And I told myself to take matters into my own hands and stop relying on others.


Line 87) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I have to walk home, whether I like it or not.


Sotsona responds to Casimir.


Line 88) Sotsona’s text: Could we do this another time, please? I just got done working so I’m not really up to meet with anyone at the moment. And I’m busy walking home.


Casimir immediately responds back to her.


Line 89) Casimir’s text: Did you just say you’re walking HOME?! IN THIS WEATHER?!!!!


Sotsona and Casimir go back and forth with each other.


Line 90) Sotsona’s text: Yes. I have no choice because the buses in the county canceled their drives.


Line 91) Casimir’s text: Do you realize that you could get sick from walking in the cold since it’s this bad outside?! Heck, you’ll freeze to death!


Line 92) Sotsona’s text: Of course, I know that. That’s a risk I’m willing to take.


Line 93) Casimir’s text: Clause 3 and 6 of our contract say we need to come up with a compromise if we have a problem and help each other out by giving our full support.


Line 94) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Again, he’s using our contract against me.


Line 95) Sotsona’s text: We never signed the contract.


Line 96) Casimir’s text: We didn’t? All the more reason for us to meet up.


Line 97) Casimir’s text: I’m already on my way. Hang tight. I’ll be there soon. I remember where the restaurant is located.


Line 98) Casimir’s text: Stay inside so that you’re warm. I’ll let you know when I arrive.


Sotsona sighs and blushes while reading his text.


Line 99) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: When has anyone done something like this for me?


Line 100) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Am I really that important?


Line 101) Sotsona’s text: Fine. I will. I feel flattered that you’re resorting to these lengths.


Line 102) Casimir’s text: I’m your soon to be husband. Of course I have to do this.❤


Sotsona’s face becomes disturbed.


Line 103) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: And he just ruined the moment.


Sotsona heads inside and waits until Casimir tells her to come outside.


Line 104) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s been 30 minutes. I hope he didn’t get caught in the blizzard just because of me.


Line 105) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I would be a quarter way home if I had started walking.


A couple minutes later Casimir texts Sotsona.


Line 106) Casimir’s text: I’m finally here. Sorry that took so long. The traffic is horrendous out in the streets. Spot a black truck parked outside. I’ll be waving so I think you’ll be able to spot me.


Sotsona steps outside and the snow and wind blow in her face.


She looks for a black truck and spots one a couple steps away.


Inside she sees Casimir waving at Sotsona to find him.


She makes her way to the truck and he opens the doors for her.


As she gets in, the heater has been on, so the car is nice and warm.


Casimir notices Sotsona’s red flushed face.


Casimir

Line 107) Hey there. Good thing I came in time.


Casimir

Line 108) Why did you think that walking in the snow was an option?


Casimir

Line 109) You stepped outside for a couple of seconds and your whole face is red.


Casimir gets closer to Sotsona.


She flinches from reflex, but all Casimir was trying to do was wipe the snow flakes off of her.


She peers her eyes open and sees him intently focusing on wiping the snow off of her.


Sotsona

Line 110) O-Oh… Um… Thanks for that.


Casimir

Line 111) It’s no problem.


 Out of the blue, Casimir touches Sotsona’s nose.


She is surprised that he did that so nonchalantly.


After a split second he takes his finger off.


Casimir

Line 112) I feel like someone is truly cold when their nose gets cold.


Sotsona smiles.


Sotsona

Line 113) I thought I was the only one that made that verdict.


Casimir

Line 114) Anyways let me get us to my place.


Casimir

Line 115) It’s nice and toasty there and I can also make you some tea to further warm you up…


Casimir

Line 116) While we discuss more about my mom, of course.


Casimir

Line 117) How does that sound?


Sotsona smiles.


Sotsona

Line 118) That sounds perfect.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on June 20, 2024
Last Updated on June 20, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing