In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 27

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 27

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Marvin talks to his friends about the situation he's in and any advice they offer as he's feeling very doubtful.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 27:


April 21 2023. The day is Friday.


Marvin is at Russells place with Cady. They are talking and Marvin is recapping what happened the other day.


Cady

Line 1) You're saying that you dragged her to watch a horror movie with you, so she could use you as emotional support because she can't stand watching them?


Marvin nods his head in shame.


Russell

Line 2) That’s a blunt way to put it.


Cady

Line 3) But it’s the truth. Is that not what he did?


Russell

Line 4) Listen, it wasn't the best idea you’ve ever had. But we can perfect your executions in the future, so that they don’t end up like this ever again.


Russell pats Marvins shoulder.


Russell

Line 5) It’s okay to make mistakes. Just make sure you learn from them. And find a way to make it up to her.


Marvin

Line 6) I owe these girls a lot of money. Do you guys have any idea how I could earn some?



Cady

Line 7) Why does it matter? Your main concern should be to fulfill your goal, not to owe back any money. 


Russell

Line 8) She’s right. Even though you owe them money now. In the future you won’t because everything will be reversed.


Cady

Line 9) Everything that happens will be replenished. Including all they’ve spent on you.


Marvin

Line 10) You guys say it like it’s so easy. But in reality what I do now matters. 


Marvin

Line 11) I don’t care if things will be reversed. I owe these people things now. And I’m gonna do something about it.


Marvin

Line 12) I cannot just sit around and use things and people to my advantage. That doesn’t sit right with me.


Marvin

Line 13) So, please. Can you guys help me out?


Russell

Line 14) A friend of mine works at a library. And he says it's understaffed, so it could use more employees.


Russell

Line 15) I could hook you up with them.


Marvin

Line 16) I would really appreciate that.


Cady

Line 17) Besides that. We need to come up with ways in which you can fall in love with Calista, without her knowing.


Marvin

Line 18) About that. What if I just tell her I like her?


Marvin

Line 19) I can’t just do things behind her back while leading her along.


Russell

Line 20) You said yourself that you didn't want to involve her in this due to the painful experiences she’s had in the past.


Marvin

Line 21) That’s true. But she should be the one to decide and make her choices. I don’t have the right to exclude her just because I don’t want to hurt her. She deserves to make her own decisions.


Cady

Line 22) I don’t know, Marvin. I think it’s best if you don’t tell her.


Cady

Line 23) If you eventually love her on your own. She won’t know. But coming clean about your feelings already plants that seed in her head that you like her.


Cady

Line 24) After that she might end up falling in love with you. But then, once that happens you have to go back to your time. And the both of you will be separated.


Cady

Line 25) Just imagine how painful it will be for the both of you to leave each other.


Cady

Line 26) Someone has to suffer. But, do you want her to suffer with you?


Marvin’s narration:


Line 27) Throughout all of these plans. I’ve only ever thought about a one-sided relationship. 


Line 28) But what do I do when Calista ends up feeling the same way?


Line 29) I can’t go into this thinking she won’t when it’s a logical possibility.


Line 30) I didn’t want to involve her at all because of something that would eventually lead to this issue.


Line 31) But knowing that she’s my only lead. I can’t get rid of the feelings I have for her.


Line 32) I don’t want to hurt her. Not after what she’s been through.


Line 33) All of this seems like a lose-lose situation. I have no idea what to do.



Russell

Line 34) You’re discouraging him, Cady. Stop that.


Cady

Line 35) I’m just trying to be pragmatic.


Russell

Line 36) Are you forgetting that no one will remember? So, why does it matter if anyone suffers. It’ll all be forgotten anyway.


Cady

Line 37) Either way. It’s dehumanizing to use someone only for their benefit, regardless if they remember it or not. Don’t you think so, Marvin?


Marvin

Line 38) I agree with Cady.


Marvin

Line 39) The thing is. There’s no way to accomplish my goal without doing that.


Marvin

Line 40) I have to fall in love with someone to get home. Therefore, whether I like it or not. Whether it bends my morals or not. That’s the situation I’m in. And that’s something I have to do to fulfill my goal.


Marvin

Line 41) That’s the truth. There’s no way to do this without using someone to get to my goal.


Marvin

Line 42) It’s the predicament I’m in.


They all sit in silence for a bit.


Marvin

Line 43) It’s the worst you know.


Marvin

Line 44) I’m doing all of this because I couldn’t make the right choice in my previous life. And now, that I have to make that decision. I have to put someone through pain to benefit me.


Marvin

Line 45) Is it even worth it?



Marvin

Line 46) Think about it. What if I don’t do anything at all?


Marvin

Line 47) What if that’s the whole point?


Marvin

Line 48) What if I’m just stuck here and that’s that.


Marvin

Line 50) If I have to use someone to get to my goal. That makes me a bad person.


Marvin

Line 51) So, if I simply do nothing. Then I remain neutral.


Marvin

Line 52) I-I just don’t know what to do anymore. So, what if I do nothing?


They sit in silence again.


Russell

Line 53) You should ask Calista.


Marvin looks confused.


Russell

Line 54) The way I see it. I think you should do whatever you can to get back home.


Russell

Line 55) Marvin. You don’t belong in this time. You’re not stuck here. You’re meant to go back.


Russell

Line 56) Yes. You’ll make some tough choices that’ll hurt your feelings or your friends feelings, but, that’s all for you to get home.


Russell

Line 57) It’s all meant to be. And it’s an obstacle you're going to have to overcome.


Russell

Line 58) Of course. It’s all easier said than done. But, that’s your purpose for being here.



Russell

Line 59) Do what you need to do. The way you want to do it.


Russell

Line 60) Follow your heart for what seems right. But trust me. When you ask Calista she’s gonna say the same things we’ve been saying all this time.


Russell

Line 61) I think what you need is closure. Someone to tell you that it’s okay to do what you need to do.


Russell

Line 62) From there. Go with whatever you think is right. And do it.


Shot pans to Calista and Marvin at their place. They are on the couch talking.


Calista

Line 63) You’ve been gloomy ever since you’ve gotten back. Is something wrong?


Marvin

Line 64) I would be lying if I said nothing’s wrong.


Calista

Line 65) Well. If you want to open up to me about it. Feel free to do so.


Marvin hesitates. But assures himself it’s okay to ask.


Marvin

Line 66) D-Do you think it’s worth going back to my time?


Calista is shocked as to why Marvin is asking that question.


Calista

Line 67) Are you having second thoughts?


Marvin

Line 68) Yes. I am.


Calista

Line 69) Why do you suddenly ask?


Marvin

Line 70) I feel like what I’m doing is wrong.




Marvin

Line 71) If my unfulfilled duty is to fall in love. I don’t think there's a way for me to do that without putting someone’s feelings in jeopardy.


Marvin

Line 72) It’s just blatantly wrong to use someone for my personal gain. But, there’s no way for me to go home without doing that.


Calista nods her head.


Marvin

Line 73) But if I don’t do anything. I’ll be trapped in this timeline.


Marvin

Line 74) It’s the only way no one gets hurt throughout this process.


Calista

Line 75) You’ll be the one getting hurt though, Marvin.


Calista

Line 76) You were put in this timeline to fulfill your purpose of falling in love.


Calista

Line 77) Yes. You’ll have to use someone for personal gain. But it amounts to you going home and everything being reversed and forgotten.


Calista

Line 78) Do you remember what the teller told us?


Marvin shrugs.


Calista

Line 79) She said “We have nothing to lose”.


Calista

Line 80) That accounts for everyone in this time as well. Especially you.


Calista

Line 81) To answer your question. Yes, it’s worth going through all this trouble to go back. Because it’s something you HAVE to do.





Calista

Line 82) You’re just too good of a person. You’re finally at a place in your life where you have to put yourself first. But, that makes you feel guilty because it’s something you’ve never done before.


Calista

Line 83) It’s time you put yourself first. After all you’ve been through, it’s time for you to get all the great things you deserve.


Calista

Line 84) I assure you that what you're doing is completely okay


Marvin’s narration:


Line 85) Russell was right. Calista said what he thought she would.


Line 86) Nobody said this was going to be easy.


Line 87) But it’s something that’s meant to happen.


Line 88) I have to put my foot down and take action.


Line 89) Sure. I must take my morals into account.


Line 90) But I have to do something about this situation in the end.


Line 91) I have to put myself first.


Tallua is overhearing their conversation. 


Marvin sighs.


Marvin

Line 92) I guess. This is just something I have to overcome.


Marvin

Line 93) Thanks for talking to me.


Calista

Line 94) Anytime. I’m always here to help.


Talulla pulls Marvin aside to chat.


Talulla

Line 95) Hey, Marvin. Can we talk?


Marvin

Line 96) Of course.


Talulla

Line 97) So. I happen to be an expert at noticing these kinds of things. It’s just something I can do, you know?


Talulla

Line 98) I call it my blessing and curse. As a result, I've noticed some things I can't help but confess to.


Talulla

Line 99) But, something is telling me that you have feelings for Calista.


Marvin looks flustered.


Talulla

Line 100) Your reaction just now confirmed it.


Talulla

Line 101) Listen. Don’t be flustered. It’s totally okay.


Talulla

Line 102) Truth is. I want to help you. 


Talulla

Line 103) I had my suspicions about you two from the start. Which is why I put that movie on the other day.


Talulla

Line 104) I ship you two.


Marvin

Line 105) Ship?


Talulla

Line 106) Like I’m the captain. And I’m boarding you guys on a ship to lovey dovey land.


Marvin is confused.


Talulla

Line 107) It’s a saying everyone says nowadays. I promise I’m not just making things up.


Talulla

Line 108) Anyways. Let me help you two bond.


Talulla

Line 109) You seem cautious about confessing your feelings, so that you won't hurt Calista.


Talulla

Line 110) As a 60s man. I’m quite impressed. I stereotyped you to be rough, but you’re quite soft in reality. 


Talulla

Line 111) But, I’m on board with your plans.


Talulla

Line 112) So, what do you say? 


Marvin

Line 113) I could use all the help I can get.


Marvin

Line 114) I have one condition though. She can’t feel the same way as me. And she can’t find out about that out too.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 27 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing