Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 7

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh Episode 7

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Casimir and Sotsona continue to talk in the lounging area of the hotel to get to know more about each other.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 7:


February 18th 2024. It is a Sunday.


Casimir just admits that Sotsona read his mind for proposing to her.


Sotsona’s jaw drops.


Line 1) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: W-What did he just say?


Line 2) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I must be interpreting that wrong.


Casimir

Line 3) Again don’t feel pressured. I’m only saying things here and there just because they’re coming to mind.


Casimir

Line 4) But, if you decide to date me officially, I would like to keep marriage in mind.


Casimir

Line 5) Just so that we take things seriously and aren’t just fooling around.


Sotsona sighs in relief.


Line 6) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: So, that’s what he meant. I knew I was reading the situation wrongly.


Sotsona

Line 7) So, why are you in such a rush to take things seriously?


Casimir

Line 8) Well, because I see no use in being in a relationship if things won’t prosper in the future.


Casimir

Line 9) Especially since I’m the heir to a successful business, time is precious for me.


Casimir

Line 10) I need to take advantage of my younger years so that I can settle down without any regrets in the future.


Casimir

Line 11) Do you get what I’m saying?


Sotsona realizes something.


Line 12) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: From the way he’s speaking. He sounds older than me. I’m starting to get concerned.


She hesitantly asks Casimir.


Sotsona

Line 13) So… Exactly how old are you?


Casimir

Line 14) I’m 25, how old are you?


Sotsona looks shocked.


Line 15) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He’s only 25? But, why is he talking about settling down at this age? He’s still so young. 


Sotsona

Line 16) I’m… 23.


Casimir looks shocked.


Casimir

Line 17) Wow. You’re still so young.


Line 18) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: What? How is he shocked about that?


Sotsona

Line 19) You’re the one who’s still young. 




Sotsona

Line 20) Why are you thinking about marriage at this age? You still have your whole life ahead of you.


Casimir

Line 21) I already told you. I come from a business bound family.


Casimir

Line 22) Getting married at this age is integral for my business’ future.


Sotsona

Line 23) But, why? Shouldn’t you have the final say on what you want to do?


Sotsona

Line 24) Sounds to me like you’re being forced to do this.


Line 25) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I thought being rich meant you had freedom.


Casimir

Line 26) At first, when my mother brought it up, I was flustered and completely against the idea.


Casimir

Line 27) But as time progressed, I realized I also wanted to try dating someone and eventually settle down with them.


Casimir

Line 28) My younger self would be disappointed seeing me fawning over the idea of being in a relationship.


Casimir

Line 29) For as long as I could remember, I never thought about anything relating to that.


Casimir

Line 30) Then, all of a sudden, I eventually became curious and that’s why I’m here.


Casimir

Line 31) I know, it sounds ridiculous.


Casimir

Line 32) But, people underestimate the amount of power a planted seed can have on someone.


Casimir notices Sotsona doesn’t look thrilled from the conversation.


Line 33) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Uh, oh. She doesn’t look entertained. 


Line 34) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I don’t get it. What am I saying wrong?


Line 35) Casimir’s inner thoughts: It’s starting to frustrate me. Why can’t we see eye-to-eye?


Line 36) Casimir’s inner thoughts: But, at the same time, it’s lighting a fire inside of me.


Line 37) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I love a good challenge. It spices things up.


Casimir smiles.


Sotsona

Line 38) So, have you been in a relationship with other people?


Casimir is caught off-guard with that question.


Line 39) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: It’s time to really see if this guy has experience.


Casimir

Line 40) Tons, actually.


Sotsona is shocked by his answer looks disappointed.


Line 41) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: D****t! Now I’m the only one who looks like a rookie.


Casimir

Line 42) It’s truly nothing to boast about though.


Casimir

Line 43) I’m actually quite ashamed of it.


Casimir

Line 44) The way I see it, I’m disappointed that after all the people I’ve seen, nobody has stuck around.


Casimir

Line 45) It’s starting to make me feel like I’m the problem.


Casimir

Line 46) But, it’s not a competition. 


Casimir

Line 47) I’m just trying to see what’s right for me.


Casimir

Line 48) That will take some trial and error.


Sotsona takes in what Casimir says intently.


Line 49) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: He is right. It’s not a competition.


Line 50) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: Only someone with experience would say something like that.


Sotsona’s eye twitches from frustration.


Line 51) Sotsona’s inner thoughts: I need to fizzle down. I don’t know why I’m getting so riled up from finding this out.


Casimir

Line 52) I hope that opening up to you about that, isn’t rubbing you the wrong way.


Casimir

Line 53) I just want to be as truthful as possible. I can’t start on the wrong foot by lying to you.


Casimir

Line 54) I’ve been talking way too much about myself.


Casimir

Line 55) Do you mind if I ask you some questions?


Sotsona

Line 56) I don’t. Ask whatever you want.


Casimir

Line 57) Have YOU ever been in a relationship?


A blank expression engulfs Sotsona’s face.


Casimir notices her demeanor.


Casimir

Line 58) You don’t have to answer that. I’m sorry for asking.


Casimir

Line 59) Just tell me about yourself.


Sotsona is left speechless.


Line 60) Casimir’s inner thoughts: What? She doesn’t want to open up about that either?


Casimir

Line 61) Scratch that. Umm… What’s…?


Casimir is trying to come up with a question.



Casimir

Line 62) Um. What’s your favorite color?


Casimir

Line 63) You looked good with that red lipstick yesterday.


Casimir realizes what he just said.


Line 64) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I shouldn’t have said that outloud.


Line 65) Casimir’s inner thoughts: She’ll think that I’m only after her based on her looks.


 Casimir

Line 66) S-Sorry. I-I shouldn’t have said that.


Casimir rubs his head from distress.


Line 67) Casimir’s inner thoughts: Dang. I’m stumped.


Line 68) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I don’t know what to ask her.


Line 69) Casimir’s inner thoughts: I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable, especially since this is our first date.


Line 70) Casimir’s inner thoughts: But, how can I get her to talk to me freely?


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 71) It’s just… Since this is the first time I’ve met up with someone in a while.


Line 72) I want to forget about my past.


Line 73) Start fresh, so that he doesn’t know anything about me.


Line 74) He doesn’t remind me of anyone.


Line 75) And I want to be a new person for a change.


Line 76) I want to finally be the idealist version of myself.


Line 77) To do that, my truest self can’t be held back by my past.


Line 78) I have to make my own world filled with my innermost desires.



Sotsona

Line 79) I should be the one who’s sorry.


Sotsona

Line 80) You’re trying to get to know me. But, I’m not giving you the right signals.


Casimir is relieved Sotsona noticed that.


Sotsona

Line 81) Since you’re being honest with me. Let me be honest with you.


Sotsona

Line 82) I don’t come from the best family.


Sotsona

Line 83) Since I work as a waitress, I think you can put the pieces together on getting a consensus of my background.


Sotsona

Line 84) Truth is, right now I have no one in my life to support me.


Sotsona

Line 85) What I need is a friend, and you were the first person to reach out, so…


Sotsona

Line 86) And I don’t want to let you down, since you come from a prestigious family.


Sotsona

Line 87) It would be great if you’d respect my wishes. And some of those wishes include for you not to dig into my past.


Sotsona

Line 88) Give me a chance to paint this new image for myself.


Sotsona

Line 89) Because I want to be the person I’ve always wanted to be.


Sotsona

Line 90) And I finally see that opportunity blossoming if I’m with you.


Sotsona

Line 91) My only request is that you respect my wishes.


Sotsona

Line 92) So, let’s come up with a compromise.


Sotsona

Line 93) if you give me a chance to deal with what I envision for myself…


Sotsona

Line 94) I’ll go out with you, with marriage in mind.


Sotsona

Line 95) How does that sound?


Casimir’s narration:


Line 96) But, I want to get to know more about Sotsona.


Line 97) At the same time, I want her to feel free and comfortable around me.


Line 98) If her past is holding her down, I have to abide to make her happy.


Line 99) But, how can I be with someone, without knowing who they truly are?


Line 100) If I want to get to know her, especially with the idea of marriage in mind…


Line 101) I have to know everything about her.


Line 102) But, there’s no way she would let that happen.


Line 103) And I don’t want to push her into letting it happen either.


Line 104) So, what else can I say so that the both of us get what we want?


Casimir thinks of something.


Line 105) I mean we touched on the subject earlier, but would she really go through with something that serious?



Casimir

Line 106) I’ll agree with your terms, under one condition.


Casimir

Line 107) I see where you’re coming from by saying you don’t want me to know about your past…


Casimir

Line 108) But, an order for me to go further with our “relationship”, I’ll eventually want to know all about you.


Casimir

Line 109) The good, the bad, the ugly.


Casimir

Line 110) However, all of that can be avoided if you agree right here, right now, to simply marry me.


Sotsona’s face engulfs a blank expression from shock.


Casimir

Line 111) If I can’t get to know everything about you as we “try” to date, which may or may not work out…


Casimir

Line 112) Then, let’s just save the trouble by getting straight to the point with you agreeing to marry me right here, right now.


Casimir

Line 113) I know I said I didn’t want to pressure you.


Casimir

Line 114) But, if these are your conditions, I’ll have to set something out for myself too.


Casimir

Line 115) So, what do you think? You can take as long as you need to think about my proposal.


Sotsona’s narration:


Line 116) Casimir is my only option in escaping a life that no longer serves me.


Line 117) If I refuse his offer, there’s no way something like this will ever happen to me again.


Line 118) Which is why, I have no choice but to agree.


Line 119) But, MARRIAGE?!


Line 120) Why does it have to be something that serious?


Line 121) But, I have nothing else to lean on.


Line 122) I don’t want to go back to my old life.


Line 123) I want to start over.


Line 124) Which is why… We’ll have to get married?!


Sotsona rubs her temples in distress.


Line 125) I need to cool down. 


Line 126) It’s not like we’re getting married for reasons like love.


Line 127) It’s just for us to get our end of the bargain.


Line 128) I’m sure that if I agree now, we’ll be able to negotiate things in the future.


Line 129) I’m sure he’ll grant me some sort of leniency.


Sotsona nervously gulps.


Sotsona

Line 130) It’s a deal.


Casimir looks shocked that Sotsona made up her mind quickly.


Casimir

Line 131) Are you sure you don’t need more time?


Sotsona

Line 132) I-I… I’m sure.


Casimir smiles and extends his hand out for them to shake on it.


Sotsona hesitantly takes her hand out and shakes his to seal the deal.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Hello, please let me know if you notice any grammatical issues. I hope you enjoyed reading. If you'd like a different format, check this story out on wattpad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on June 19, 2024
Last Updated on June 19, 2024
Tags: #romance, #mentalhealth, #richman, #CEO, #drama, #adventure, #charming, #enjoyable, #lovelanguages, #fluff, #friendstolovers, #comedy, #original, #originalstory, #slowburn

Hopelessly Yours by Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing