In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 25

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 25

A Chapter by Yosh
"

After Marvin's date rejects him, he walks around the restaurant and thinks to himself about his situation.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Date is April 19 2023. It is a Wednesday.


Episode 25:


Marvin wanders outside of the plaza with the bouquet in his hands from the restaurant on his own deep in thought.


Line 1) Marvin: I’m not calling Calista because she just left and it would be a hassle for her to get back to me.


Line 2) Marvin: I don't want to tell her that things didn’t work out yet after she helped me prepare for this whole thing.


Line 3) Marvin: Should I contact Russell to tell him about what happened?


Line 4) Marvin: Though I'm frustrated that I was used only to benefit someone who didn't have the guts to face me. I won’t ratt them out to Russell. I’ll just tell him that the date didn’t work out.


Marvins narration:


Line 5) It’s strange.


Line 6) When Russell and Cady noticed me thinking of Calista in that way. I really do see her differently now.


Line 7) On top of that she’s been helping me out a lot.


Line 8) I have a feeling that whatever I’m noticing about her is growing stronger.


Marvin smacks himself.


Line 9) I can’t be thinking that way though.


Line 10) We’ve only known each other for 4 ish days. I should be ashamed of myself.


Line 11) I think I'm just confused on what exactly it is that I’m feeling.


Line 12) Yeah. I'm just mistaking her kindness for something else.


Line 13) She’s just being helpful. That’s all.


Line 14) It’s nothing more and nothing less than that.


Line 15) I must stop feeling some sort of way about her.


Line 16) But why can’t I seem to get her off my mind?


Marvin smacks himself again.


Line 17) Don’t be an idiot. It’s only because she’s so involved in your life at the moment.


Line 18) Yeah. That’s all… That’s all…


Shot cuts to Calista back at the apartment on her bed watching TV.


Calista’s narration:


Line 19) I hope Marvin’s date is going well.


Line 20) I hope that this works out so that he can get home as soon as possible.


Calista gets a reminder of when she helped Marvin with his tie.


Line 21) Why am I thinking of that right now? I was just showing him how to do things.


They were close to each other as she helped him.


Line 22) Although we were a bit close to each other back then.


Line 23) Did I make him feel uncomfortable?


Line 24) Was helping him like that too much?


Back to that scene and Calista's heart was pumping a lot.


Line 25) I’m embarrassed. Why was my heart racing like crazy back then?


Back to the scene where Marvin was thanking Calista for everything she’s done for his calling her considerate and stuff.


Line 26) Something about him thanking me earlier…


Line 27) I don’t know why, but it made me really flustered.


Back to the scene where Marvin is out of the bathroom and all ready for his date.


Line 28) Something about the way he looked in that outfit.


Line 29) His hair gelled back… His sharp face.


Back to the scene where he ripped Raymonds suit and looked shocked. 


Calista laughs.


Line 30) The way his face looked then.


Calista’s face changes to realization of her thinking.


Line 31) Wait. Is it normal to keep thinking of him like this?


Line 32) He’s not even here right now and I’m reminiscing of our memories.


Calista get’s out of bed.


Line 33) Snap out of it Calista! You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of him in that way.


Reminder scene of Talulla talking to Calista while they’re in bed about whether or not she likes Marvin.


Line 34) There’s no way! We barely know each other.


Line 35) I’m just blowing this out of proportion.


Line 36) I’m just thinking about him because I’ve been monitoring him so much.


Shot cuts back to Marvin at the date plaza. He is sitting on a boat deck watching the sunset.




Marvin’s narration:


Line 37) Although things didn’t go as planned today. I’m relieved.


Line 38) Going on a blind date is no joke. The pressure was on.


Line 39) It’s best I go on a date with someone I at least can get acquainted with. Not a complete stranger like how this was like.


Line 40) Yeah. That’ll be my next step. I’ll just tell Russell and Calista that the date didn’t work out.


Line 41) If they ask why I’ll just make up some excuse. That should do the trick.


Marvin glances at the flowers he’s still holding.


Line 42) What will I do about these though?


Line 43) I’ll just give them back to Calista. Afterall she’s the one who bought them.


Marvin digs into his pocket and sees the cash Calista lended him to pay for the date.


Line 44) What will I do about the money though?


Line 45) I’ll just say my date insisted on handling the check.


Marvin rubs his temples.


Line 46) When the sunsets I’ll call Calista to pick me up.


Line 47) I can’t help but be a little discouraged by how today turned out.


Line 48) By tomorrow it’ll be my 5th day being stuck in this time.


Line 49) How long will it take for this situation to be resolved?


Line 50) It can’t take years! I can’t wait that long.


Line 51) So, should I just go for the last resort and involve Calista in this situation like Cady suggested?


Line 52) No! I can’t. That’ll be selfish of me. I can’t use her just so I can leave faster. That’s just wrong.


Line 53) But what if there was a way for us to fall in love without dating each other and without her knowing?


Line 54) She’s the main person at the moment who I feel something for.


Line 55) I don’t like her in that way, but she’s sparking some sort of interest in me.


Line 56) If I continue to hang out with Calista I’m sure I’ll develop feelings for her.


Line 57) So, how can I do that without her catching on?


Line 58) She’s an accountant after all. It won’t take her long to find out what I’m really up to.


Line 59) But I think there's a way I can pull it off. It’s worth a shot.


Marvin dials to call Calista’s computer again.


She comes to pick him up and he gets inside. She is confused on why he still has flowers.


Calista

Line 60) Hey Marvin.


Marvin

Line 61) Hello. Thank you for picking me up.


Calista

Line 62) Of course. May I ask why your date didn’t accept the bouquet?


Marvin

Line 63) Oh. Right. So about that. She’s allergic to pollen, so she couldn’t take the flowers.


Calista

Line 64) What a shame. I should take people’s allergies into consideration before giving them gifts. I’ll keep that in mind. 


Calista

Line 65) Next time we can get her something else. Can you please apologize to her for me?


Marvin

Line 66) I would. But there won’t be a next time.


Calista is confused.


Marvin

Line 67) Things didn’t work out between us. So, we decided not to go out again.


Calista

Line 68) Huh?! Did she turn you down?!


Marvin

Line 69) No. It’s not like that. We just got to talking and realized we weren’t compatible.


Calista

Line 70) Oh… I see… That’s is an important aspect.


Calista

Line 71) To ensure you’re compatible with someone next time. Should we go for the people that are interested in your dating profile instead?


Marvin

Line 72) If that’s what you recommend. Sure.


Calista smiles.


Calista

Line 73) I’m really sorry for how your date turned out. But don’t be discouraged. I’m sure there’s someone out there who’ll fall head over heels for you.


Marvin smiles.


Marvin

Line 74) Thanks. By the way…


Marvin rummages through his pockets.


Marvin

Line 75) She handled the check. So, you can have your money back.


Calista accepts the money.


Calista

Line 76) Oh. That’s nice of her.


They arrive back home and Talulla is making dinner.



Talulla

Line 77) Hey Marvin. How’d the date go?


Marvin

Line 78) It was fine. But we both decided not to go out again.


Talulla is shocked.


They finish their dinner and Marvin explains how the date went to Talulla.


Talulla

Line 79) Are you bummed?


Marvin

Line 80) A bit. But I’m alright. Don’t worry about me.


Talulla

Line 81) Do you want me to cheer you up?


Marvin is confused.


Talulla

Line 82) I have an idea. Let’s watch a movie!


Talulla

Line 83) It’ll be entertaining. Plus, Marvin doesn’t know what special effects look like nowadays. 


Talulla

Line 84) He’ll be shocked when he finds out.


Marvin

Line 85) If you guys don’t mind, I’d love to tune in.


Talulla and Calista give Marvin assurance.


Marvin

Line 86) What genre are you thinking of putting on?


Talulla

Line 87) You’ll see.


They all unwind and get into their pajamas. They gather by the living room couch.


Calista brings out a bowl of popcorn. Marvin is shocked.


Marvin

Line 88) Did you just make this?


Calista

Line 89) Yep. It’s fresh out of the microwave.


Marvin

Line 90) Out of the microwave?


Calista

Line 91) Yeah, you just pop it in for 2 minutes and BOOM, you got yourself a fresh batch of popcorn.


Talulla

Line 92) Calista, they made popcorn on the stove back then. Or just bought it popped.


Calista

Line 93) Oh. Right. Well like I mentioned before to you. Things are easily done in modern times.


Calista brings the popcorn in front of Marvin.


Talulla

Line 94) Give it a try. It’s super yummy and buttery.


Marvin tries it and his eyes spark up.


Talulla puts on a movie. 


Line 95) Calista: The movie looks normal so far. But I can’t put my finger on what genre it is?


They continue watching the movie and get to an ominous point.


Line 96) Marvin: Is it just me or did the mood suddenly become suspenseful?


They get to a jumpscare from the movie and Calista flinches.


Calista

Line 97) Talulla you’re so devious.


Talulla being proud of herself.


Marvin

Line 98) Why’s she so devious?


Calista

Line 99) She purposefully put this horror movie on. I can’t stand watching them.


Marvin

Line 100) If you hate them so much. Why don’t we watch something else?


Calista looks over at Talulla.


Line 101) Calista: She did this only to scare me into Marvin's arms. She’s planning something between us.


Line 102) Calista: I need to prove to her that I’m capable of sitting through this. 


Calista

Line 103) Don’t worry. I think I’ll be able to handle this.


Marvin

Line 104) Are you sure? You don’t have to push yourself.


Calista

Line 105) It’s fine. I’m trying to prove a point.


Calista side-eyes Talulla.


Line 106) Talulla: I know she won’t be able to handle it. By the end of this movie, she’ll be clinging onto Marvin. Hopefully my plan works out.


Another jumpscare goes by and Calista flinches again.


Marvin

Line 107) Are you okay?


Calista

Line 108) Don’t worry. I might flinch every so often but I’m fine.


Another jumpscare goes by and Calista clings onto her blanket.


Another jumpscare goes by and Calista slightly sinks down on Marvins side.


Marvin notices and lets her lean. He blushes slightly.


They finish the movie.


Talulla

Line 109) So, what do you guys think?


Calista sat up.


Calista

Line 110) Too many jumpscares. It felt like my soul was being snatched every time.


Talulla

Line 111) What about you Marvin?


Marvin beams as he explains.


Marvin

Line 112) It was super fascinating. These special effects are out of this world.


They unwind and go to bed. Marvin is thinking about how Calista clung to him.


Marvin’s narration:


Line 113) I don’t think she noticed she was leaning on me while we were watching the movie.


Line 114) It was honestly really cute. But she shouldn’t have forced herself to continue watching.


Line 115) What exactly was she trying to prove just then?


Marvin blushes a bit.


Line 116) All I know is watching that movie proved that I feel something towards Calista.


Line 117) I know what I have to do now.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 25 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing