In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 21

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 21

A Chapter by Yosh
"

Marvin is fully caught up on what's happened in his life.

"
Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.

Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


April 18 2023. The day is Tuesday. 


Episode 21:


Everyone debriefs after Cady and Russell answered all of Marvin's questions. They are all very emotional.


Russell

Line 1) I think we’ve told you everything.


Cady

Line 2) Yeah, that was all of it.


Marvin sat in shock on the lounge table.Taking in all he heard.


Line 3) Marvin: I can’t believe I lived such an upsetting life.


Line 4) Marvin: This is all so much to take in.


Cady reaches for Marvins hands and rubs them softly to console him.


Cady

Line 5) I’m sorry. This must be really hard on you.


Russell rubs Marvins back.


Russell

Line 6) That’s why we’ve missed you so much, Marvin.


Cady

Line 7) We hope that this time around, things will be different and for the better.



Russell

Line 8) I'm sorry I didn’t look out for you better.


Cady

Line 9) Yeah, we should’ve been better friends to you.


Russell

Line 10) You wouldn't have endured all this hardship alone if we were more attentive.


Marvin

Line 11) Don’t blame yourselves.


Marvin

Line 12) You guys were there for me, until I took my last breath. That’s what counts.


Marvin

Line 13) I wouldn’t have gotten so far if it weren’t for all of you.


Marvin gives a bittersweet smile and sideways hug to Russell and Cady.


Russell

Line 14) But since you’re here now, it means we can start things fresh.


Cady

Line 15) You mentioned that once you accomplished your unfulfilled duty. In your lifetime, you will be sent back with it completed.


Russell

Line 16) That means that all of this pain will be nonexistent.


Cady

Line 17) This is such a great opportunity for you.


Russell

Line 18) We’ll help you along the way.


Marvin smiles.


Marvin

Line 19) Thank you guys.


Cady

Line 20) So, let’s debrief. We think that Calista’s theory is the biggest lead for us at the moment. Agreed?


They nod their heads in assurance.


Cady

Line 21) So, it’s simple. All you have to do is fall in love with someone.


Russell

Line 22) Nowadays it’s easier to get recognized for dating purposes.


Russell

Line 23) You just have to go through with it, and see if you’ll find someone.


Line 24) Marvin: It can’t be that easy…


Marvin

Line 25) I see that as a way to use someone.


Russell and Cady look at Marvin in confusion.


Marvin

Line 26) Think about it. If I pursue someone for reasons like that, and let’s say it works out. Then, I’d only be using them only for my sake.


Cady

Line 27) Well, duh. That’s the point.


Marvin

Line 28) But I’ll be using them. That doesn’t sit right with my morals.


Marvin

Line 29) Seeking someone out just to fall in love with them, and then completely abandoning them.


Marvin

Line 30) Doesn’t that sound wrong?


Russell

Line 31) But it won’t matter when it all works out because it’ll be like you weren’t here to begin with.


Russell

Line 32) What you do now has no impact on anyone else, except you.



Cady

Line 33) They’ll forget about it, so it shouldn’t matter.


Marvin

Line 34) That's true and all. But I’ll be the one feeling bad.


Marvin

Line 35) Stuff I do matters even if it doesn’t make an impact on the people around me.


Line 36) Russell and Cady: He’s got a point.


Russell

Line 37) Just try and look at it from a positive view.


Russell

Line 38) This is all for you to get home, so it’s for a good cause.


Cady

Line 39) And you’re not doing anything bad to achieve that goal. You’re just doing things to benefit you. It won’t cause harm to other people.


Marvin

Line 40) The whole point is for me to fall in love, correct?


Russell and Cady nod their heads.


Marvin

Line 41) Assuming from the way I love things, I most likely won’t want to leave this person if I fall in love with them.


Marvin

Line 42) It’ll be hard to let go of something I love again, only to benefit me.


Russell

Line 43) Nobody said it was gonna be easy. You’re going to have to make a big decision on whether you want to choose your fulfilled life, or someone you love.


Cady

Line 44) Yeah. It’s going to be hard. But it’ll all be for the better.


Cady

Line 45) I know it’s easier said than done. But you’ve got to do your best to overcome your obstacles.


Russell

Line 46) Everything will be okay in the end.


Cady

Line 47) This is the reason why you’re here. Your purpose.


Russell

Line 48) You’ll love them enough to let them go. And they'll be able to do the same.


Line 49) Marvin: This sounds like it’ll be challenging to get through. But if it’s to get back to my time. It’s something I need to do.


Marvin

Line 50) You’re right. So, where should we start?


Cady

Line 51) You mean where should you start?


Russell

Line 52) From here on out, you have to be the one to initiate things.


Russell

Line 53) After all, you’ll be the one doing all the dating. Not us.


Marvin

Line 54) Oh. Right.


Cady

Line 55) We’ll still help you. But you have to be the one taking the lead action.


Marvin

Line 56) So, what should I do?


Russell

Line 57) Although you’ve only been here for a short-time. Is there anyone who’s caught your eye, in THAT sort of way?


Montage of all the times Marvin has caught himself starting at Calista.


Marvins narration:


Line 58) There’s something so captivating about her.


Line 59) Something that grabs my attention.


Line 60) Maybe it’s because we didn’t start out on the right foot


Line 61) And as I’ve gotten to know her more, I’ve realized that she’s a very considerate and caring person.


Line 62) She’s someone I can empathize with, since we have a lot to relate to.


Line 63) But I don’t think I like her in THAT way.


Line 64) But when they asked me that question, why was she the first person to pop into my mind?


Marvin

Line 65) There’s someone, I guess. But I don’t want to put them through anything like that anymore.


Marvin

Line 66) I’d like to start fresh. To prevent me from becoming even more of a hassle to them.


Russell smirks at Marvin in a flirtatious way. Marvin looks at him confused.


Russell

Line 67) It’s that Calista girl, right?


Marvin blushes.


Cady

Line 68) Haha. We’ve caught you.


Cady and Russell tease Marvin.


Marvin

Line 69) I just… Don’t want it to be her. She’s gone through something similar to me. I’d feel bad knowing that I’d have to use her and make her go through something like that again.


Russell

Line 70) Hmm. Is that right?


Cady

Line 71) She should be your plan B. Use her as your last resort.




Cady

Line 72) If you go on dates with other people and you don’t feel the same way as you do with her, just explain to her that you have feelings and I’m sure she’d help.


Marvin

Line 73) I feel like it’s one-sided though, so why should I go for her anyways?


Cady

Line 74) Like I said. Make her your last resort.


Marvin

Line 75) I don’t want to make her a resort. Period.


Marvin

Line 76) She has so much to deal with. I don’t want to add more weight to the situation.


Russell

Line 77) Alright then, buddy. Do what you think feels best.


Marvin smiles. He takes Calista’s phone out of his pocket and checks the time.


Marvin

Line 78) I should get going. It’s getting late.


Russell

Line 79) Of course.


Cady

Line 80) Once we find someone you can try out, we’ll let you know.


Marvin

Line 81) Sounds good. I appreciate all your efforts. Thank you.


Marvin hugs them for the last time of the night, and gets up to leave.


Marvin

Line 82) I’ll wait outside.


He leaves and sits by the porch rail. He calls Calista and she answers. She unpacks all the stuff she’s bought and answers his call through her laptop. (it’s on standby for this exact purpose).


Calista

Line 83) Hey, Marvin. You all finished?


Marvin

Line 84) Yeah. Could you please pick me up?


Calista

Line 85) Of course. I’ll be there soon. Hang tight.


She ends the call and talks with Talulla.


Calista

Line 86) Can I take your car again?


Talulla

Line 87) Go for it.


15 minutes go by and Calista finally arrives. Honking for him to know she’s here.


He notices and she unlocks the car and he gets in.


Calista

Line 88) Hey. I’m sorry it took a bit longer than usual. There was a lot of traffic.


Marvin

Line 89) Don’t worry about it. Thank you for picking me up.


Calista

Line 90) No prob.


Marvin stares at her and wonders to himself.


Line 91) Marvin: Now that the seed’s been planted. I can’t look at Calista in the same way I did before.


Calista looks at Marvin and notices him staring.


Calista

Line 92) Something on my face? You okay?


Marvin gets startled.


Marvin

Line 93) I-It’s nothing. I’m sorry for staring.


Calista glances back at Marvin and smiles.


Calista

Line 94) Talulla and I got you a surprise. You’ll see when we get home.


Marvin looks confused.


Line 95) Marvin: I don’t think we know each other well enough to be surprising each other like this. But oh well.



Marvin

Line 96) I appreciate the effort. But you didn’t have to.


She smiles and sets her eyes on the road. 


They arrive at the apartment and they enter. 


Calista

Line 97) Follow me.


Marvin does just that and then notices his present. Talulla surprises alongside.


Talulla

Line 98) We got you a bed!


Marvin is shocked.


Marvin

Line 99) Oh my! You guys shouldn’t have.


Talulla

Line 100) Oh please. It was on sale.


*Talulla loves bargains.

Talulla

Line 101) The couch wasn’t going to work for long-term purposes.


Calista

Line 102) Now you can sleep in peace.


Marvin

Line 103) Thank you both very much. I appreciate this a lot.


Talulla and Calista

Line 104) Of course!


Talulla

Line 105) Let’s eat dinner you guys.


They go to the table and start eating.


Talulla

Line 106) Did you figure out what’s keeping you here?


Marvin

Line 107) My friends and I have come to a conclusion.


Marvin

Line 108) Turns out Calista’s theory was right.


Calista

Line 109) How’d you figure that out?


Marvin retells what his friends have told about his life.


Talulla

Line 110) I’m sorry to hear how rough it’s been for you.


Calista

Line 111) Yeah. I’m sorry for that too.


Marvin

Line 112) Thanks for your sympathy.


Marvin

Line 113) Because of the both of you. I’m able to turn my life around.


Marvin

Line 114) I can’t thank you guys enough for helping me.


Calista and Talulla smile. 


Talulla

Line 115) You know. I have another idea. We can set up a dating profile for you.


Marvin is confused.


Calista

Line 116) Oh yeah. We should do that.


Marvin’s narration:


Line 117) I’m glad I have so much support this time around.


Line 118) I know with them by my side, I’ll be able to overcome this in no time.


Line 119) I hope something good in exchange happens to them.


Line 120) They deserve to have some good karma for helping me out.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 21 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing