In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 13

In Another Lifetime By Yosh Episode 13

A Chapter by Yosh
"

After talking to each other for a while, Calista helps Marvin get situated for the night.

"

Copyright ©2024 under United States Copyright office, Library of Congress. All rights reserved. This literary work is protected by the U.S. copyright laws. Reproduction and distribution of the work without permission is prohibited. The offender will be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law.


Anything in bold is narration.


Anything highlighted in yellow is inner voices.


Anything in italics is stage directions.


Anything in bold and italics is context to the scene.


Anything highlighted in blue is numbered lines.


Anything highlighted in red is more information to the scene.


Episode 13: 


April 16 2023. The day is Sunday. It's still nighttime.


They are still talking by the window sill.


Marvin

Line 1) We have a lot more in common then I thought we would.


Calista peers her head down and fiddles with her hands.


Marvin

Line 2) How many years has it been?


Calista

Line 3) 5 years.


Marvin

Line 4) Makes sense why that number keeps coming up.


Marvin

Line 5) I’m sorry about how rough it’s been for you.


Calista

Line 6) Likewise. But you know what? It’s better this way.


Calista

 Line 7) My parents wanted me to pursue a career in the medical field, which would’ve been such a pain.


Calista

 Line 8) I have zero regrets about leaving them.




Marvin

Line 9) You should be proud of how far you’ve come.


Calista looked at a loss of words.


Calista

Line 10) Oh! You should be too.


Marvin

Line 11) I bet Talulla’s proud of you too.


Calista smiled then peered at her phone and realized the time was 11:47PM.


Calista

Line 12) So, how should we go about tomorrow?


Marvin

Line 13) Um. Isn’t it a Monday tomorrow? Do you have to go to work?


Calista

Line 14) I won’t be going because Talulla suggested I watch over you.


Marvin

Line 15) That won’t be necessary. I would hate to interrupt your work flow. 


Marvin

Line 16) I’ll be completely fine on my own.


Calista

Line 17) Don’t worry about it. I don’t feel like going to work anyways. You’ll be doing me a huge favor.


Calista

Line 18)  Besides, I would be heavily distracted from work because of our… You know… Our situation.


Marvin

Line 19) Well it’s your call. 


Calista

Line 20) Now that I think about it. I should call in for my vacation leave so that we’ll have enough time to sort things out.


Marvin

Line 21) Don’t you think that’s a bit much? 


Marvin

Line 22) Will you at least be getting paid?


Line 23) Calista: He seems riled up that I’m taking days off. So I’ll just say that I’m getting paid even though I’m not so that he doesn’t have to worry.


Calista

Line 24) Uh. Of course. I’m like a star employee there.


*She’s not


Marvin

Line 25) Anyways you’ll be the one doing the speaking when we call, right?


Calista

Line 26) Well I’m assuming your friends would recognize your voice. So it’s safer that I do it.


Marvin

Line 27) What if Elouise wants to meet up?


Calista

Line 28) Then I’ll meet up with her.


Calista

Line 29) Besides, Teresa told me that she’s in her mid 80s. If you come with me, you’ll probably startle her to death.


Marvin

Line 30) Good point.


Calista

Line 31) Let’s just plan out what we’re going to say tomorrow and we’ll give it a go. If that doesn’t work we’ll call your friends.


Marvin

Line 32) Alright sounds solid.


Marvin

Line 33) Is Talulla going to work?


Calista

Line 34) Yeah.


Marvin looks stunned.


Calista

Line 35) She’s nonchalant like that.


Calista

Line 36) This situation to her is just like any other day.


Marvin laughs.


Marvin

Line 37) Sorry I don’t know why I’m laughing. It’s not even that funny.


Calista

Line 38) Don’t worry.


Calista

Line 39) Anyways you probably want to tidy up, right?


Marvin

Line 40) Well, if that’s alright with you?


Calista

Line 41) Of course. I’ll set out some towels.


Marvin is now in the bathroom just now realizing he forgot how to operate the shower.


Line 42) Marvin: Crap! I’ve already undressed. I can’t ask for help.


Marvin tries to examine how to operate the shower knobs. He turns it and feels the water. He flinches on how cold the water is.


Marvin

Line 43) Szzz.


Line 44) Marvin: So cold! What if I turn it right?


Marvin turns it right, but the water is still cold. He waits a couple of seconds but the water is still cold.


Line 45) Marvin: At this point, I’m just wasting water.


Line 46) Marvin: Come on!  Why can’t I remember the way she did it?


Marvin grabs his towels to cover up. He exits the bathroom and sees Calista washing some dishes.

Marvin

Line 47) Uh. Hey! Calista!


Calista’s wearing headphones and too focused at washing dishes to notice Marvin.


Line 48) Marvin: She can’t hear me. She’s wearing something that looks like headphones?


Marvin walks over to Calista and taps her shoulder. Calista notices and looks shocked seeing Marvin. She takes off her headphones.


Marvin

Line 49) Sorry to disturb. But can you show me how to turn on the shower again?


Calista

Line 50) Oh! That’s on me for not reminding you before you got in.


Calista

Line 51) Sorry about that. Let’s get to it.


They are back in the bathroom and Calista is by the tub.


Calista

Line 52) So basically the way you keep hot water coming out is by keeping the knob in the center.


Calista

Line 53) Took me a while to get used to it. I was on the same boat as you when I first moved here.


Marvin

Line 54) It’s just weird there's no labels.


Calista

Line 55) For sure. It’s just a design goof. But you’re all set.


Marvin

Line 56) I’m sorry. It didn’t cross my mind before I entered.



Calista

Line 57) It’s nothing, don’t worry about it.


Calista squeezes through to exit the bathroom.


Marvin finishes tidying up, and walks by to Calista's room, since it’s a bit open, he can’t help but overhear her conversation on the phone.


Calista

Line 58) Hey boss, this is Calista Turner from agency 12. I’m sorry to tell you on such short notice but something came up as an emergency and I have to take my vacation leave.


Calista

Line 59) For now I’ll be taking a week off, however, if things change I’ll let you know immediately.


Shot pans to Marvin listening in.


Calista

Line 60) If you have any further questions please let me know. Besides that I hope you had a great weekend and I’ll see you sometime soon. Take care!


Line 61) Marvin: She’s so thoughtful for going through all these lengths to help me.


Calista sighs, Marvin knocks on the door.


Marvin

Line 62) Hey, Calista can I come in?


Calista

Line 63) Oh sure. Yeah. Of course.


Marvin

Line 64) I just wanted to say goodnight.


Calista

Line 65) You could use something else to wear.


Marvin

Line 66) Oh-


Calista

Line 67) Come to my room. I’ll give you more clothes.


They’re at Calista’s room and she is getting clothes for him.


Calista

Line 68) Would you like to choose the clothes you want to wear?


Marvin

Line 69) Don’t worry. I’m fine with whatever you pick.


Marvin glances around Calista’s room and sees the picture of her and her brother.


Line 70) Marvin: Wait! These are her brother's clothes, right?


Calista

Line 71) Well if you insist.


Marvin

Line 72) Um. I know it’s none of my business, but just to ask. By any chance, are these your brother’s clothes?


Calista

Line 73) Don’t worry, it’s completely fine to ask. And yes, these are.


Line 74) Marvin: Isn’t it completely out of line that I’m wearing her brother's clothes.


Marvin

Line 75) Calista, I can’t wear these.


Calista

Line 76) Is it not your style? I’m sorry, I wish I had more options.


Marvin

Line 77) No. It’s just. These are your brother's clothes. It’s not right for me to wear them.


Calista

Line 78) I was a bit hesitant at first lending you these, but then I realized that it would be a waste not using them. 


Calista

Line 79) So don’t worry. It’s completely fine for you to wear them.


Calista

Line 80) Sorry, if it makes you feel uncomfortable. But this is an urgent situation and these clothes will manage for the time being.


Calista hands him a stack of clothes.


Marvin

Line 81) Yes. You’re right. Thank you for- 


Marvin

Line 82) Everything. I know this whole situation must be such a hassle. But I’m glad that at least the home I landed on is welcoming. I can’t thank you enough for your hospitality.


Calista

Line 83) It’s my pleasure.


Calista

Line 84) Oh. Um.


Line 85) Calista: It’s been a full day since he’s been here. He probably could use some clean clothes.


Calista

Line 86) Are you situated all right? Would you like me to wash your old clothes?


Line 87) Marvin: That slipped my mind.


Calista

Line 88) It won’t be a hassle for me.


Calista throws Marvins clothes into her washer and Marvin changes into the clothes Calista gave him.


Calista

Line 89) It’ll be done around the morning.


Marvin

Line 90) I really appreciate that.


Calista

Line 91) By the way, are you okay on the couch? I know it’s a bit janky. So if you’d like you could use my bed.


Marvin

Line 92) What! No! I couldn’t do that to you.


Marvin

Line 93) The couch is fine. This is your bed, so you should be the one sleeping on it.


Line 94) Calista: It would be weird to suggest we sleep on the same bed, right?


Line 95) Calista: He looked uncomfortable when he realized that the clothes I gave him were Raymonds, so it would be weird to suggest that.


Calista

Line 96) I’ll get you a proper bed some time, alright?


Marvin

Line 97) Don’t worry about it. The couch will do just fine.


Calista

Line 98) I want to get you something proper though. It won’t be a big deal.


Marvin

Line 99) You really don’t have to.


Calista

Line 100) No, I do. Anyways, since we don’t have anywhere to rush off to, sleep all you want, okay?


Marvin

Line 101) Alright. I will. Thank you again.


Calista

Line 102) Of course. Goodnight.


Marvin

Line 103) Goodnight to you too.


Marvin sets out for the exit of her door, but Calista holds him up.


Calista

Line 104) Marvin?


He peers back in to hear what she has to say.


Calista

Line 105) I really appreciate that you opened up to me. Thank you.


Marvin

Line 106) I should be the one thanking you for opening up to me.


Calista smiles.


Calista

Line 107) If you have anything else to say. Please do. 


Marvin

Line 108) Likewise.


Marvin sets off and they wave each other goodbye.


Calista walks over to Talullas room.


Calista’s narration:


Line 109) For the longest time, it was just me and Talulla.


Line 110) She filled me with great memories and I’m forever grateful to have her by my side.


Line 111) But this situation is so different for us.


Line 112) However, I’m quite relieved.


Talulla is fast asleep and Calista gets into her room bed.


Line 113) Since we were fated to meet up ever since, I’m glad Marvin turned out to be a great guy.


Line 114) I’m glad he trusted me enough to tell me a bit more about himself.


Line 115) I'm glad to help him since I know it's for a good cause.


Line 116) I can feel the beginning of a friendship occurring.


Line 117) I hope he feels the same way.


Shot pans to Marvin sleeping.


End of episode.



© 2024 Yosh


Author's Note

Yosh
Please ignore any grammatical errors as this was written a while ago. If you would like to read a more current version, please head over to Wattpad and search up, "In Another Lifetime by Yosh (wattpad formatted version)." From there you can find 13 episodes that are updated and formatted for the reader to better understand. Thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



In Another Lifetime By Yosh


Author

Yosh
Yosh

About
Someone that found a way to express themselves through writing. more..

Writing