Locura (The Dream)

Locura (The Dream)

A Story by Psychostasis

Last night I had this dream. I was caught in some kind of trance and was at someones house. I dont know whos house it was . But they had horses. A barn, a large open back yard. Family was there. And it seemed like everyone was having a good time. But then the colors in the dream started to fade away. And everything was so dark. The poeple I was hanging out with started acting different... just not themselves.
I wandered around them all. Looking at them from a different point of view. They were...not themselves at all. They were all just staring... I'm not sure how to describe it. It was as though they were dolls....the confusion lifted me up into the sky. And I was in a new environmennt. Around me were burned buildings..damaged houses. The colors were mixes of greys blacks and blues. The clouds covered over the sun. So the lighting was very dim.
I heard noises and ran behind a piece of what looked like a ripped apart vehicle of some kind. And saw a little girl . She was covered in dirt.. Dried blood covered her little dress. No shoes on her feet. She grabbed me by the hand (I'm still oblivious as to how she got beside me so quickly) and pulled me into a house. We ventured through the town through underground tunnels filled with the stench of sewer and infestation of rats, and stray animals.
We ended in an underground town.
There were houses and buildings, just like above the ground. But everything down here seemed deader. All that you could see were the frames of the houses. And the buildings were missing one to two walls.
The people there wore shredded clothes which made me feel just a little overdressed. As I was still wearing my lacy skirt, knee high boots, and my corset. They stopped and looked at me. A guy came up to me. His hair was waistlength and dark. His eyes were green. He asked me my name and for some unknown reason I told him Locura.
He introduced himself, but I dont remember what it was. He took me by the hand and walked me towards a house. On the way to it, we passed bodies that looked like they were decaying. We entered the house, it seemed to be the best one in this underground city, since it was still in decent shape, and the furniture was seemingly new. The older women and men looked to be living there. And they looked at me with awe. An old woman approached me. And started telling me this story about shadows that take human lives. Just as the story began I was forced into a new world of surroundings. Almost invisible as no one around me even acknowleged my existence.
There were rows and rows of younger adults. Men and women. They were bound together by their hands and feet. With their necks bound to their wrists. It looked as though they were bound to make them appear like they were praying. iI started to approach them. And a loud, screetching sound came up from behind me. It sounded almost like a crying rabbit. And these shadowy looking figures faded into sight. They walked in sync towards the bound people. Snickering. A gust of wind came from them and they started breathing in deeply. Just as they were doing that, I saw white, spirit like figures coming out of the "prisoners". When the white disappeared, they all fell to the ground. Lifeless...but still breathing..it was as though they werent real. just like...like dolls. Just like my family earlier...
The figures disappeared. And i was back at the house with my family. Still lifeless.
I ran to the back of the yard, where the barn was. And saw the horses. They were all like living statues...except for one that was all the way in the back. I grabbed him and jumped onto his back then started to gallop to the front of the house. We halted suddenly. The little girl from the underground city was there. She was looking up at me. And without warning, the horse fell to the ground.
I fell off it.
The little girl started talking to me. Saying:
"Locura, is Insanity. The shadows feed off of sanity. But you. You feed from seduction...lust, you feed from sin. In other words, Insanity... Locura is your name, and that is what will save us. You're wanted. But hated by many. You have to save us..."
She faded away, and I heard a struggle behind me. The horse was trying to stand. It started turning a pale color. As though it were about to become a doll. I approached it and begged for it not to leave me. I started to cry. And I begged and pleaded for it not to fade...
It grew in size. From the younger horse it was, to a more muscular adult. Its colors began to appear darker. It was almost a deep grey. It stood back up, and knelt before me; as though to say, 'get on my back'.
And when I did, we were shoved back into the place where the prisoners were being kept. As soon as they looked up at me, the shackles shattered. They stood up and stood around me. I am not sure why, but we started charging towards the shadows, and then my dream went white, and the little girls face appeared again. Smiling. Then i woke up.

© 2008 Psychostasis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Psychostasis
Psychostasis

Muncie, IN



About
I'll never tell.. more..

Writing