Getting a Dog

Getting a Dog

A Story by Katelin R.

My sister and I were inside our house, watching T.V. Suddenly, my dad walked in the front door and exclaimed, “We’re getting a dog!” I never thought I’d ever hear him say those words. After all of the talks and lectures about how a dog would be “too much work”, I never thought imagined this happening.

    Before I knew it, my family and I were in the car, on our way to the dog breeder’s house. We were looking to get a small dog, because my parents thought a bigger dog would be a lot of work.

    Once we finally arrived at the dog breeder’s house, I spotted an adorable brown and white shih tzu, right away, I knew he would be the perfect pet for us. My whole family ended up liking the dog as well. We all agreed to buy him, and we carried our new puppy outside to our car.

    During the car ride home, my mom asked us what we should name him. My brother, sister and I randomly shouted names that came to our heads, and finally my brother suggested the perfect name, Sam. When we first brought Sam home, he was really shy. When you brought him outside for a walk, he’d get tired after taking a few steps and lie right in the middle of the street. Eventually, he adjusted to living with us.

    Today, Sam is four years old and has created so many memories that my family and I could never forget. The smallest things can have such a huge impact on us, and can create memories that last for a lifetime.

© 2012 Katelin R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012