Iron Will Essay

Iron Will Essay

A Story by Katelin R.

In the story, Iron Will by John Hayes, there are many conflicts that the main character, Will Stoneman faces. Conflict is found not only in real life, but in literature as well. Will faces many conflicts in the movie, but he has to be strong and move on.                          

    In the beginning, while Will and his father were sledding with their dogs, Will’s father’s dogs pulled him into the river, and he ends up dying. Will is very devastated, and wishes that he could have saved his father somehow. In his dad’s honor, he decides to enter the race, hoping to win the prize of ten thousand dollars to help save their family’s farm. Even though Will’s family doesn’t think that it’s the best idea for him to enter the dog-sled race, he still enters not only because the money would help their financial issues, it would make his father proud if he were still alive. During the long race, Will faces a lot of other conflicts such as the cold weather, his many other opponents also wanting to win, other people trying to convince him to quit the race, and his father’s dog, Gus getting injured by someone who was against Will. Even though Will struggles in many ways during the race, he still ends up winning the race, and the ten thousand dollars.

  Will faced many conflicts during the race, but he believed in himself, and had courage so he made it through. His father was gone, but he knew if he was still there, he would be very proud that he won. Even though Will lost his father, he still had to move on and be brave.

© 2012 Katelin R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great essay and great story judging by your words. I haven't read it, but now I really want to read this story.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

797 Views
1 Review
Added on May 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012