Midnight Hour

Midnight Hour

A Chapter by xevos

He doesn’t know why, but his lips are heavy with dread. His insides are in a similar state as his gaze falls upon the house with the colour of happiness and wild randomness. A memory, one that he had so long ago buried deep within the recesses of his mind, arises with such force, he stumbles.

“Come on, let’s go!” 

Laughter. Beautiful, beautiful, laughter accompanied by a bright smile that could light up even space. 

A girl with the skies and the brightest of stars in her eyes.

“We’re going to leave you behind,”

It was an amusing addition to the statement filled with false sincerity.

The boy with constellations on his skin.

“No…” he mumbles, clutching his head in dull pain. “No… Why now?"

“Let’s be friends!”

Two hands stuck out at him in unison, one dirty from the mud, another clean and smooth. He reaches out and they try to pull him up, but they all end up falling into the mud again.

Twins, alike and not alike, like Yin and Yang.

Fearfully, he raises a hand to his face.

It was a different hand. Smoother, lighter, more nimble.

Covered with blood.

“You have the world in your hands, hijo.”

A wrinkled hand brushes the hair away from his face. His eyes were shut, just awakening from a nap, but he takes a peek, and a kind smile he knows he’ll never forget looks at him with love.

A sob crawls, threatens to escape his throat. He refuses and swallows it down, breathing heavy and laboured. There are multiple faces that taunt, sneer, laugh with underlying cruelty.

The twin skies became dull, became the cold quiet of lonesomeness, looks at him with contempt.

"You disgust me."

The constellations disappear as the boy’s skin became tainted with red.

"Why?!"

Yin and Yang pick up knives and sever their fates.

"It's for the best."

Finally, the one he’d been dreading the most.

The kind wrinkled face smiles no longer, eyes closed and mouth giving a slight hint of a frown in the coffin.

"She adored you."

His sin of murder cannot be taken back.

He cannot repent.

The midnight hour closes with a heartbreaking scream.


© 2016 xevos


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on November 11, 2016
Last Updated on November 11, 2016


Author

xevos
xevos

About
Hello. I am a generally confused person. Reviews are appreciated. Don't be afraid to send me a request or just to message me. (I don't know how to tag.) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by xevos


Breathing Breathing

A Poem by xevos