Eyes

Eyes

A Story by xevos
"

How is it that the eyes are the 'windows to the soul' if one cannot decipher them?

"
Her eyes were different.

It wasn’t because of the colour, no, it was something different. there was something in there that was different from the rest of the population’s.

It did not shine. It wasn’t empty. Once looking through them it wasn’t as if she was staring straight into your soul or all that creepy talk. It wasn’t monotonous either.

Her eyes did not like to speak. Her actions did.

Her eyes did not like to express.

Her eyes contained both something and nothing.

Her eyes were not mystical in any way possible, nor was it disinteresting enough to look away from.

Her eyes, the windows to her soul, were half-open and half-closed with a screen that filtered everything.

In times of happiness, her eyes do not light up.

In times of sadness, her eyes do not become downcast.

Her eyes simply existed to see. To see everything and nothing and she was okay with that.

Her eyes were made to observe, not react. The simple beauty of this makes it less complicated to decipher.

While her thoughts weren’t out on display either, it was easy enough to see past it.

Her eyes had a message.

A message that can’t be said.

From the wall she is hanging from, with her smile of mystery, it was difficult to focus on her eyes.

But once you do, there’s a message.

Save me.

© 2016 xevos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: prose

Author

xevos
xevos

About
Hello. I am a generally confused person. Reviews are appreciated. Don't be afraid to send me a request or just to message me. (I don't know how to tag.) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by xevos


Midnight Hour Midnight Hour

A Chapter by xevos