Lustre

Lustre

A Story by xevos
"

Illuminating the world became too difficult, hence the lack of lustre of the celestial beings.

"

the infinite expanse of space was emptier than how one would envision it. stars that used to pepper the evening sky were disappearing one by one and planets were starting to disintegrate by the second. the moon and sun began to loose their shine hence the longer nights and the shorter days. asteroids, meteors, shooting stars, were in the similar state of wearing out whilst leaving streaks of stardust in their wake.

on earth, the streaks left behind were strokes of paint that decorated the night sky almost daily. hues of pinks blues and purples blended together to make a dazzling sight. the night was something people began to look forward to when the sun’s brilliance became dull. not because of the moon, but because of the stars.

it was when the sun began crumbling that it started.

nobody noticed that the stars began to blink out of sight until the spaces in between became bigger and the streaks of light became shorter and less frequent.

nobody noticed the moon's lack of lustre until the night became pitch black, illuminated only by the few stars left but even that wasn't enough to sate the desire of light.

it was only until the world was plunged into complete and utter darkness, that humanity began calling for the sun again.

© 2016 xevos


Author's Note

xevos
It was written intentionally like this, without proper capitalisation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 14, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: prose

Author

xevos
xevos

About
Hello. I am a generally confused person. Reviews are appreciated. Don't be afraid to send me a request or just to message me. (I don't know how to tag.) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by xevos


Midnight Hour Midnight Hour

A Chapter by xevos