Feigning

Feigning

A Story by xevos
"

The observations can be quite accurate, yet the assumptions made are wrong.

"
Seth wasn’t saying anything but--

He just knows.

He knows that she could be vocal and expressive with them but still hesitate on showing everything. She feigns happiness like what most people do and can hide it well. The signs are always in everybody’s face and yet nobody seems to see the crookedness of her smile, the left corner hitched up higher than the other, or the way she bites her upper lip or even the way she fiddles with her fingers when she’s nervous or when she lies through her darting eyes.

Seth knew she was hurting the moment his reply left his lips.

“Yes, I do quite hate you.” There was no hesitance or surprise that overtook her expression. Her smile did not change except for that left corner turning up a bit more. She replied back with enthusiasm lacing her tone, giddy with glee as she proudly said she knew she was right.

But she was wrong.

He didn’t hate her. 

© 2016 xevos


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on August 13, 2016
Last Updated on August 14, 2016
Tags: prose

Author

xevos
xevos

About
Hello. I am a generally confused person. Reviews are appreciated. Don't be afraid to send me a request or just to message me. (I don't know how to tag.) more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by xevos


Midnight Hour Midnight Hour

A Chapter by xevos