Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by A.M.V.

After everything, we've come to this, I thought.

I felt weird in my fancy dress, but even I had to admit it was gorgeous. A friend of Garrett's had come in the morning and fixed my hair--my dirty blond hair never looked so perfect. Or so clean. Since I entered this weird world (that I still haven't gotten used to,) I never found time to make myself look attractive in anyway. Or at least I thought so. The only time I actually got dressed up was at Ace's vampire ball. The awkwardness of that night will haunt me forever.

Ace and Garrett looked even more like teen models than usual, with their brand tuxedos and hair slicked back. I could tell by the look on their faces they wanted to shake their heads violently, to get their hair back in the incredibly messy but attractive hair they usually had. But the occasion forced them to stay put.

I glanced down at my cream-colored dress, praying that I didn't get dirt or blood on it before this was all over. I carried flowers, bouquets of wildflowers that we'd picked this morning among the beautiful garden behind the mansion.

Ace came up and stood next to me in the tent, peeking through the door slit. It was a stunning afternoon, and in front of me was a natural arch of trees, a long red carpet that lead to a little white stand, covering in strings of red flowers, with chairs on either side. Ace smiled down at me.

"Why do you look so nervous," He asked, and I gave a shaky shrug. "You're not going to be the center of attention here, so relax and breathe."

I took in a deep breath and nodded, trying to wrap my head around all of this. It was only a week ago that I became a vampire, even now Garrett and Ace were discussing if they should change me back, (which I didn't think was possible.) Then I found out that Nikki hates me for whatever reason. I mean really HATES me. Then there was the lucky being pregnant issue. Then my dad almost killed Garrett and himself after Nikki went completely bonkers. Amd last but not least, the fact that Dawn gave up her life just to see how it felt to die. Thinking about it all made my brain throb.

My various bruises and scrapes had been healed completely after I was turned and Garrett's injuries were only a bad memory. A scary, horrible memory that I wanted wipe clean from my mind, but couldn't find the will to do it.

"There's the music," I said, when the well-known symphony of notes started to play.

"Okay, we're up," Ace said, walking around so he could take his position next to Garrett. The two of us really hadn't worked things out. It's possible I only fell for Ace so quickly before of the shock of not being human, but I knew it was too late to turn back now.

The vampire who was in front of me was paired with Garrett and as she slipped through the tent door, everyone oohed and aahed at how pretty she was. she walked down the red carpet, smiling and walking in time to the music. I peered and saw Garrett take a step forward, right in front of the justice of peace. He took the vampire's arm and they walked a few paces, then separated and stood on either side of the decorated podium.

I waited until my turn came, then left the tent, hoping I didn't throw up from the tension. Everyone's head turned toward me, and I heard excited whispers ripple through the crowd. I tried to smile, but I was so nervous I could only manage a sickly grin. I saw Ace's father, glowering at me with a grin from afar. My stomach churned, but I kept my eyes on the prize. Though I promised I was going to keep an eye on him.

When I finally got to Ace, separated with him, everyone craned their heads around to see Alice in Dawn's body stepping lightly from the tent. A wreath of flowers rested on her head, with the flowers picking up the brown of Alice's eyes. Suddenly I missed the emerald green eyes that once belonged to Dawn.

In case you didn't pick it up already, this was a wedding. Darrin's and Alice's wedding. Darrin was anxious to marry Alice and apparently it didn't matter if it was her body or not, just that it was her. Alice was using Dawn's body, so to everyone else, it looked like Darrin was marrying Dawn not Alice. I still couldn't understand why he would marry Alice in this situation. It was like marrying two different people.

Alice stopped in front  of the justice of peace and Darrin stepped over to join her. My stomach clenched when Darrin looked over at me. His dark eyes seemed to burn as they locked on me. I tired to swallow and couldn't. I was holding my bouquet so tightly I was about to snap all the stems. Everyone else else faded away, and I had my eyes on Darrin. His hair had been cut and he wore a dark blue suit with an actual tie that I wanted to strangle him with.

Darrin left me without hesitating for his dear Alice, and no matter how much I hate to admit it--it hurt. Now, he invited me to his wedding. To watch him get married to the person who stole my friend's body.

I violently ripped my gaze from his and my mind wandered as the justice of peace began the ceremony. I zoned off up until the point I heard Darrin say "I do," in a voice that he used to talk to me in. I was starting to figure out how many different ways I could kill him with that fancy tie of his. I had gone up to eleven when Ace tapped me on the shoulder, telling me it was over.

I breathed and wanted to run my hands through my hair but the hair stylist who took her sweet time making my look presentable would murder me in a dead heartbeat. I couldn't help but look over at Ace, unbearably handsome. Then I noticed he was already looking at me before I was looking at him. In his eyes I saw the promise of our future. All the danger, excitement, thrilling stories we would have turned the wheels in my head, making me smile.

Then my eyes unexpectedly moved to Garret.


© 2010 A.M.V.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Darrin is Danny right? .....

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wasn't His name Danny before? Other than that really liked the book.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A.M.V.

11 Years Ago

WHOOPS XD sorry I wrote this book in middle school and i think i finally finished in tenth grade bec.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

533 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2010
Last Updated on October 3, 2010