one of those days intoduction of john and the world he lives in

one of those days intoduction of john and the world he lives in

A Chapter by writeshiek33
"

intro and ch1

"

 

                Chapter 1: one of those days


The dark brown straight haired boy’s muscular bared flat chest covered in cold sweat sat up as he woke up abruptly and timely fashion.  He reached for the bedside table that had a side lamp on it. He turned it on as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He flipped the covers over. He swung his naked legs to the side of the bed. He got up wearing only boxer shorts.  He walked to the window and looked out as light was just creeping in on the darkness. He squeezed his eyes almost closing them in search for a minute.

“Six fifty’ he said out loud. He then walked into his bathroom and took off his boxers. He entered the shower and turned on only the cold water as his face showed in difference. I had the same nightmare all this week, I am sure of it though I can’t remember what it is. his face scrunched up as he failed to retrieve the images that subconsciously haunted him. After a few minutes the boy turned off the shower and grabbed two towels, one for his body and smaller one for his hair. He looked in the mirror, the beautiful slightly bronze reflection scowled.  That unknown nightmare was really bugging him. He walked back into his bedroom and turned looked at one his A4 posters that he drew . All of them were similar as angels battling demons, but with slight variation positioning of main characters. This particular one had both creatures on the ground fighting amongst a human crowd. The scenery and humans were dully colored almost to grey, whereas the angels and demons were brightly enough to stick out in the human world. He laughed at the picture in tone that suggested he knew something others didn’t.   He picked up his backpack

He dressed quite quickly in a plain white t-shirt, light blue jeans and velvet sneakers. He closed his bead room door which had warning sign which said John’s Room, all trespassers shall be dealt with great consequences.  The 14 year old boy quietly and swiftly went down the stairs as not to wake up his foster parents, Beth and Grant Bloom.  

John arrived in the kitchen smiling but when he saw Beth Bloom frying some eggs, he scowled immediately.  The blond curly hair woman who wore jogging sweat bottoms and a night shirt served the fried eggs onto a plate for him. He picked up the plate and scrapped the eggs into the petit garbage bin under the sink. John gave Beth an authortive glare as usual whenever she attempted to do stuff for him. He took out the margarine and the brown bread from the bread bin. He made himself jam sandwich for breakfast as Beth gawked in disbelief at him. Beth eyes began to water with tears. Grant Bloom came down the stair wearing suit and tie.

“What’s going on?” Grant looked concerned at Beth and then stern at John. He approached his wife with open arms to comfort her.

“He threw away the breakfast I made him again, sniff ,sniff” sobbed Beth

“How dare you treat your mother this way after she made you loving breakfast” Grant’s voice raised an attempt of authortive tone.

“She is not MY mother, she Beth just a common sheep”

Beth gasped as Grant glared in shock.

“You both took me, but not willingly and I don’t care” John said in defiant aggressive tone.

Grant with angry eyes steps up to John.

“Now lis…, argh” John shoves Grant away with great ease and grabs his premade lunch he did himself out of the fridge John walked out the door without even glancing back.

Beth really starts to cry.

“There, there honey, all we can do is pray for the young sinful soul” Grant holds Beth in comforting hug as she buries her face in his shoulder.

“ I pray we can save him” Beth looked up at grant pleadingly. Grant padded her reassuringly as she smiled back at him.  

“We must trust in god to show him the light” Grant smiled at his wife who rosy cheeks shone with her weak smile.

 

John walked to the bus stop where the others school kids waited for the school bus.

“What’s wrong” Sarah asked as she saw john’s solemn look as he walked up next to her.

“Oh nothing, just dealing with twiddle dumb and dumber” he replied as his face relaxed a little.

“Another argument with the foster parents again, sheesh you guys argue more than blue barks any one time.” John just shrugged it off.

 

“Been thinking to apply for emancipation, but the whole money situation is a stumper ”

“What about asking your real folks”

John glared at Sarah in intense anger that could cut her .

“Sorry, sorry I forgot you hate them with a passion” Sarah put her hands up in surrender

“Hya john” Devin said, beamed a great smile looking up at the older boy

“Hello little man” john replied ruffling the younger kid’s hair. John put on a fake smile for Sarah’s innocent little brother. The yellow school bus pulled over and most the kids got on.

“See you at school” Sarah waved at john as she got on the school bus. John jogged to Evermore High school and middle school. The yellow school bus pulled in just a few minutes after john arrived all the new faces goggled at john ahead of the bus. Sarah smiled as she laughed inwardly at the new kids as they wandered how john, just a kid beat the school bus to school when it was ahead of him and faster. If only they knew the truth.

More school buses arrived as Sarah and the rest the kids got off theirs. John just stood waiting for Sarah to come to him. Devin walked into school with the rest of his mates after they got off their bus. John watched the younger kids for moment while Sarah approached him; he gave a heavy sigh at their innocents and ignorance of the truth of real world beyond what their lives seemed to them what it was.

John looked more relaxed than before. Sarah was grateful that he did not take his anger on anyone mortal. She smiled at the fact that she was the only one of two mortals who knew of john’s legacy and his burden of duty which luckily up till now he did not do in full context. John of course had to deal minor scuffles here and there with some angels or demons put in their place occasionally since their interaction with mortals has some sort consequence.  Sarah was thankful that he didn’t have any of those fights recently; she shuddered at the memory of his temper afterwards. His raw emotion caused mittens, her cat transform painfully from a lovely Persian white cat into a Canadian hairless. It could have been worse but it was a nightmare trying to explain to her parents why she exchanged cats as they believed what happened.

“So, feeling better?”

“Yeah” john shrugged

John entered the large modern building of everwhere high school and middle school, The most famous school in the city of haven. The halls were vast and wide beaming with busy kids trying to get ready to go to homeroom. John and Sarah were walking to their lockers which were next to each other when john scowled at the sight of Devin being pushed around by brutish looking Goth kid.

“hey , pretty boy get OFF him now”

The Goth kid immediately turned around seething at john calling him a pretty boy. John knew how to push Marcus’s buttons. Marcus got right up john face and was about to respond when john punched him in face making his him bleed from the nose with what appeared to be his strongest punch. To the gathering crowd surprise Marcus began to cry then ran away.

“Thank goodness you held back” Sarah whispered into john’s ear.”   He just shrugged it off as if Marcus wasn’t worth much. Suddenly Mr. Anderson marched down the hall dressed in his suit and tie along a frown.

“You, now” he pointed his finger at john. John followed him to his office where Marcus sat waiting, holding a tissue up to his blooded broken nose.

Mr. Andersen gave an aggravated sigh as he sat at his desk.

“ok, Marcus you can go now”

“But…”

“Now Marcus”

Marcus got up very abruptly and left the office. Mr. Anderson sighed gave one more aggravated sigh and put his hand on his forehead as if he had a headache.

“John, john, john, what am I going to do with you” Mr. Anderson shaking his head.

“Breaking Marcus’s nose, another mess you got yourself into”

“I think I might have to call your foster parents” Mr. Anderson said with complete authority

“Hah, like that would achieve, those two morons would just freak out and give me a headache” john then went straight in Mr. Anderson’s face  “I then will cause so much trouble here that the headache you have now would be nothing you get from that” john said through a vicious smile.

“Now, if you are quite finished I have a history class to go to”

“uhm, you can go now” Mr. Anderson’s squeaked timidly sweat coming down is brow  as john turned left anyway just as the first bell rang .


© 2010 writeshiek33


Author's Note

writeshiek33
i am dyslexic and this very first rough draft need feedback to correct mistakes (which i can't see but know are there)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on November 6, 2010
Tags: urban fantasy


Author

writeshiek33
writeshiek33

dubai, dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
i am an English speaking arab man with dyslexia which only effects my writing more..

Writing