Deep Blue

Deep Blue

A Story by Reese
"

The Ocean

"
In one breath, I dived down the shallow waters. I could still hear the whooshing sounds of each wave crashing into the sand, but as I dove deeper down, it became faint.
The ocean, the sea, it was a vast mystery. Yet, it was a serene place under.
Still, quiet, empty.
I could hear the low soft rumble, a vibration, the ocean gave.
Every low sound, a crack on ice, echoes through the ocean.
There were mysteries that even scientists couldn't explain. Things that seemed to be there even before the ocean rose up higher.
It was a place anyone can easily get lost in the dark of its shadows.
Rays of sun beaming down the ocean like curtains was the only light that could guide you up.
The darker it gets, the deeper it was. But as the lighter, and bluer the ocean gets, the nearer home was.

In the ocean, deep in its hold, I neither feel the wetness, nor the coldness. You float deep in the middle. Knowing what's up, but never knowing what was down under.

I let my weight decide whether I was going up or down to the unknown. It felt like time was slower down here. Only the rays of the sun light up the blueness of the ocean.

A calm beating rythm of my heart pounded through my ears. Even I think the sound of it echoes throughout.

Should I just let my body weight down and down, and down until there's no sunlight left to see within my eyes reach?

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on November 1, 2022
Last Updated on November 1, 2022
Tags: life

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese