Package Of A Marshmallow

Package Of A Marshmallow

A Story by Reese
"

Fiery Red-Haired Girl

"

I could not contain the smile I had when I saw her, but had to, else I would look weird to others. I slid my hand on her arm and thought back and forth whether I should hold her hand. I was shy, nervous, thinking what if she's annoyed? I was overthinking again. And I knew that wasn't good. I thought positively, and thought about everything she said. I opted for the latter, holding her hand and letting it go and again.

She was wearing a grey baggy shirt, her school skirt, and her sneakers. She walks fast for a petite person, I admit. Even when I have long legs, I had a hard time catching up to her. Her fiery red hair wasn't that visible in the night as she had told me before, but they where a few lights that hit a strand of her attractive red hair that lit up like halo in the night. There was a lot of students who stared at our way. I felt nervous and shy with some few looks thrown our way.

With all the excruciating long drowsy wait to see her all day, it was all worth it. Seeing her here with me. It didn't matter if I was dozing off to sleep, taking short power naps, and having my legs get this paralyzing effect you get after a sleep, as I was sleeping in a cold room that seems like a freezer, resting my head on an armchair earlier. I wanted to see her. See her what she's like to others, how playful she would be, how she dances.

On the way to where they were practicing, I thought of those large gym where they would be bleachers and a basketball court, but I was surprised they where gathered in the open hall, beyond that was a small open field and then another hallway. It was getting dark, so I wasn't able to really see beyond those dark halls.

I semi pointed to the few students that gathered and were in frenzy warm ups. "Are they...?" I trailed off seeming to know the answer.

She nodded. "Yeah, that's where we practice. It was supposed to be that space over there," she pointed to the empty dark space a bit over to where the hallway is. "But, it's being renovated."

I hummed in reply and followed her. My heart was racing, but I was also excited that I couldn't contain my smile. Then again, I had to contain my smile, wouldn't want to look stupid.

She slipped her hand down my arm to my hands and gripped it a few seconds, and pushed me gently towards the row of chairs mounted to the wall. She went over to pick up her bag, took of her skirt to reveal a short shorts, and placed it beside me, and went to join the few crowds warming up and started warming up herself for the dance.

I would be lying if I said I was not excited to see her dance, or practice rather. Seeing as they were already in position, I leaned forward in interest, never wavering my stare at the particular red head, gray baggy clothes and short shorts. I was mesmerized by how she looked. Beautifully attractive.

As they started to dance, I was amazed by how fluid her movements were. The kind where it looks strong but soft at the same time. As if she was born to dance, the red halo of her fiery red hair bouncing and waving as she danced. The way her hands moved with the music, her body, her eyes trained on her own reflection. Even when the others dancing wonderfully, she was, as per my own thoughts and feelings, the most amazing among them.

When the partnering dance came, I knew that it was the same one I saw on her profile. I did acted a bit jealous of that one time when I saw that video for the first time. But she explained to me that her partner was gay. I shied away, embarrassed for feeling a bit jealous. But seeing her now with the same dance moves, all I could think was supporting her all throughout. Even if the partner she landed was a guy who knew how to do these dance moves they were doing. I would be lying if I said I trust whoever would be the next partner she would land. I wouldn't trust the guy, but I do trust the red haired girl I came to love, but that doesn't stop me from supporting her. What matters, is that she enjoys her passion for dancing.

I was really surprised but at the same time amazed at how she's so playful. In a way that she was like a walking large quokka. A cute, furry, and the happiest animal to walk on earth. I love seeing this side of her. This playful yet caring side that even when she's all busy and concentrating, she doesn't forget how to make me feel wanted in a room full of strangers to me. Fiery red headed hair. How you made me feel, is such a mystery to me. I feel like I was back, giggling like a grade school girl seeing the person she likes. But with more maturity feelings. I am happy. Happily curious about it.

But I do think I am falling deeper in love with you.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

21 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: love

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese