Red Hair And Coffee's

Red Hair And Coffee's

A Story by Reese
"

Coffee with a Red Haired Girl.

"

She sat taking her iced coffee off the tray, while I did the same. Her hair shining a fiery red under the light, flowing so freely, her eyes so soft with an edge, I could barely see her Chinese like eyes, her round chubby cheeks, puffy like a dumpling. She was wearing a black and red polo, ripped jeans, and black sneakers.

She sipped at her coffee, staring at her nonchalantly, if only my eyes could take pictures, I would take in in her beautiful posture, her perfect face. It was so tantalizing to look at. If only she knew, and saw what I see of her now, she would maybe think the same.

"You look like you could be a model.", I blurted out to her.

She choked on her iced coffee, smiling, "What?"

I smiled. Angling my hands as a painter would to a beautiful scenery. "Your face, it's..." I trailed off, not knowing what the right word was to describe her. I continued with a smile and put my hands down.

She chuckled. "That's unbelievable. My face isn't that beautiful."

"No, no. It is. With the right angle." I disagreed to her statement. "I want to take a picture of you, but, I'm just shy and I doubt you would let me anyway." I chuckled.

She smiled and rolled her eyes, sipping her coffee. I kept staring at her, resting my head on my hands with my propped arm atop the table. Her fiery red hair that seems to light up because of the light above her, her Chinese like eyes gleaming even when I could barely see it when she smiles. When she talked about her school life, her dance practices, she was so into it. Her smooth silky fiery red hair kept on swaying on her face, I wanted to so much touched it longer, but it would also probably make it awkward and I didn't want her weirded out by me and my silly adventurous hands.

"Hey, let's take a picture." She patted the seat beside her. I smiled at her and stood up, squeezing my way a bit between the table and her legs, to the seat she patted as she was sitting in a chair glued to the wall with the table situated. I meekly sat beside her, fixing my hair, shyness overwhelming a part of me, hoping I looked nice enough.

Surprisingly, I did look okay. I scooted closer to her, my heart racing in nervousness. I smiled at the camera, did a whacky, and smiled again as it was the only pose I had in mind out of nervousness. But I did not show her I was nervous, else I would have looked stupid. And it was a good thing I knew how to control my emotions, thus also knowing how to hide them and masked it with a non-scared, nervous wrecked part of myself.

"Oh, my mom chatted.", She said.

I hummed in reply, leaning back, picking up my phone, busying myself with my gallery, selecting the few pictures I took of her when she was on her phone, and moving them to the folder labeled as "Piaya"

She put her phone down. "My mom and I are gonna meet up later for lunch."

I nodded and put my phone away to focus on her. "Where would you meet up?" I asked out of curiosity.

"In the mall.", She answered.

I nodded. We got silent for awhile. Then a thought popped up on my mind, as I observed other people eating in, and thought of sharing it to her. "Do you ever feel..." I stopped short, then changed my sentence. "When I observe people, which I do very often, I often know what they think base on the actions they portray. Like," I stopped for a moment, searching for the word, squinting my eyes in the process. "Predictable."

"Like, you can read them?"

I nodded. "Yeah, like a book."

"Really?" She smiled. "Try me. Try reading me." She looked cheerfully.

I chuckled and fiddled with the strings of her ripped jeans. "I don't read people, I just, guess them. A hunch. What I see and think isn't really true because I don't really know what kind of person they are."

We talked for a few moments until the clock hit twelve, lunch time. We left the place and started walking towards the mall. It wasn't that far from where we drank our coffee's from. We continued talking on the way. Laughing and being observant. Well, mostly on my part because being observant is like second eyesight to me.

We parted ways with a tight hug as we reached the mall. I wanted to spend more time with her, but I knew I also can't take her time.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Tags: love, coffee

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese