Roam

Roam

A Story by Reese
"

Lonely Fox in a lonely world.

"

The moon smiles at me as its perfect curve shone down upon me like a Cheshire's smile. Smiling at the wicked night of dangerous strange smells of humans clashing. I could hear from miles away their swords clashing, and their shouts, so full of vengeance and revenge. I could smell their fear.

The night went slowly, and as each every passing time, one by one, I see every human on the battle field, as I approach unheard, lay on the dirt, drowned out by life. A red liquid strange substance seeping out everywhere on each of their large gashing wounds. Coloring the ground with pure hatred. The dark night adding the color of darkness and horrors of danger. Strange smell, strange aura's for my sensitive black nose. My ears twitching, alert and aware for the coming danger, for I am only a lone rogue sly animal in the forest.

I crouched down behind the long grass and watch the humans clashing their long strange metal stick. My yellow fierce eyes watching every move they make, every danger a human could not see from behind.

It was like a battle of the wolves, except, it was not the wolves that knaw each other, but humans and their metal sticks. I could not understand how humans use those long metal sticks to knaw each other.

I watched 'till the end of their battle, a few humans remain and they screamed in victory. I tilted my head, confused at their actions. I could not fully understand humans after all.

I silently ran away from the battle field and into the deepest of the forest. My paws pounding so softly as not to be heard by the bullies of the forest. I could not withstand their bites and long claws scratched against my snout, nor their paws trapping my fluffy tail.

I ran towards the deep forest, jumping over a log, and dodging wild bushes. Smelling a rabbit to my left, and a deer to ny right. The trees were scattered everywhere but the sight of my path was as clear to me as day.

I run with speed and with speed, I run with it my reflexes. I dodge so easily with the trees that a hunter would have a hard time catching me.

Hunters in the woods aren't my only enemy. But the season of winter. It is a year of hard catch for meals and long hybernation, and deep protection under the snow from the bullies.

I stop on my run and raised my snout onto the sky. My nose smelling the bullies from around the corner, my ears twitching as I strain to hear their movements. The wind howling in the night, the trees shivering at the cold wind, my tail swaying in suspect.

Snap!

My head whipped towards the direction the twig snapped. My yellow eyes alert for any sudden movement on the direction to where my instinct guesses.

A shadow ran across the other bush, having its hideout given away. I crouch my body, ready for attack and slowly moved closer to the bushes. My ears and nose alert.

I stop, raised my head, and sniffed. Wolves!

I realized too late when I turn to run away from the place. A large heavy paws slammed me against the ground. Yelping at the pain, and the claws that already dug deep to my fur. My weak fur colored brown legs pushed and pushed the attacker as more wolves came out from their hide out. Growls reverberated on my red orange fur.

Fear was in my yellow eyes as I looked into those sharp canine teeth that could tear a flesh in one bite. I whimpered, begging for mercy.

The alpha wolf snapped its jaws at my face and my eyes held more fear than it could bare. I was helpless in these matters when the wolves are the one to pin me down on the ground.

I could not help but whimper in pain and sadness. I was lone and abandoned since when I knew how to hunt then. Hunters left me with my mother beaten down to death and to my own survival and alone in the dangers of the woods.

The alpha slammed his large heavy paws in my chest and I yelped loudly. Their growls of hunger, waiting for a command to attack and beat me out of my life.

The wolves could smell the fear I am showing, the pain and the sadness.

I closed my eyes, heaving in sadness, hiding my yellow eyes away from the hungry bullies of the forest.

I thought about the sunny fields I went by the morning earlier, the smell of flowers, the golden wheat, the green long grasses, the healthy ground that you could lay upon the warm sun. The ray of the sun, heating my fur coat, the lovely scent of wheat. The air so fresh that I could laze around the field without a worry.

A sharp stinging bite interrupted my only beautiful memory. I yelp and whimpered, my hind legs pushing the alpha wolf. Another wolf bit my leg, their sharp teeth going through my skin. I yelped in so much pain that it left me no strength to move.

In the end, I let them take me, a weak lone fox. Ready to be their meal of the night. Morbid as it sounds, a predator eating a predator, nonetheless, I was still a weak fox who could not take a pack of hungry wolves.

© 2022 Reese


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on October 28, 2022
Last Updated on October 28, 2022

Author

Reese
Reese

Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines



About
I write stories for a sad heart. more..

Writing
"Odio" "Odio"

A Poem by Reese