Confessions of a commitment-phobe

Confessions of a commitment-phobe

A Story by Broken Angel
"

Its basically my exaggerated expression of my recent experience. I know the writing isn't perfect but its just too close to my heart.

"
Well for me, you have to understand, going on a date is a BIG DEAL. 
It being my first, made it even worse. I actually went through the whole ordeal of getting ready, picking out the right dress, pretty but not glamorous . I actually made sure that my hair looked absolutely perfect. ( if you know me you would know I'm NOT one of those girls who cared about my outer appearance before; but today I just wanted to look picture perfect.)

Whoever said exercise makes your heart rate shoot up should try dating! 
It is a roller coaster ride without a safety belt.
A state of utter confusion.
A constant fight between your id, ego and super ego.
A fight between what you believe in and letting go.
Being all calm and composed on the outside and going so completely bonkers on the inside.
You want to talk something , something very deep, something very true , something that makes you sound so smart; but all that comes out of your food-hole is some kinda gibber jabber that you can only hope is in one of the known languages.
You feel this uncontrollable attraction; undeniable, uncontrollable unavoidable attraction, which you have to resist!
Its a lot of fun. Your mind, your body and your soul are in different places. Your heart practically melts into liquid and you realise you are flushing for no apparent reason. 

Having said all this , I just went out for a drink. Not a big deal , right?

© 2014 Broken Angel


Author's Note

Broken Angel
feel free to criticize it ! I don't mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I could not criticise your poetry Angel, it is written from within you. I hope the date went not too badly...Keith.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This could use some punctuation such as commas and semi-colons to make the connections between words more clear. I would also like to point out that 'commitmentphobic" is an adjective. You should be using the noun form, "commitmentphobe". I do like the juxtaposition, and blatant contradictions throughout this; and the way that the narrator is trying so hard to trivialize the whole ordeal.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Broken Angel

10 Years Ago

Thanks .Your input was very helpful.:)
Dating...well, I never dated much, but flirted a lot. I like the writing of your inner turmoil when it comes to dating. Just remember, whether it's eloquent words or gibberish that comes out, if it's the right person, they won't care either way ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Angel

10 Years Ago

Yes true that! thanks. ;)
Haha. I'm a "commitmentphobic" too, so honestly, i know what you're talking about, or at least i used to be a commitmentphobic :D nice work

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Angel

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I am yet to reach the "used to be " phase though :D
SarahHino

10 Years Ago

Don't worry, you will get over it eventually :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014