Untold

Untold

A Poem by Tyler Trelease

Set the scene
To a man waking at dawn
In front of an audience
To lovers reminiscing
Outside of a small cafe
At midnight
To a woman breathing
In all of the air
Existing in an open field
To a child opening
The front door on her
First day of school
To a boy returning home
Only to find scattered
Pieces of chinaware
On his living room floor
And his mother crying
To the sounds of jazz
Within a bar during the late
Hours of night served
Over drafts and liquor
To the new generation
Of Youth and coming
Of age in the suburbs
Without a worry in the world
To Detroit warfare
And mindless violence
Stretching across cities
To love at first sight
In the bookstore
Over coffee and poetry
To hipsters and activists
Parading the campuses
Swallowing tear gas
But never their words
To the wilderness
Filled with beautiful
Nothingness
To alleys filled
With needles
And lost hope
To sadness walking
Along highways and
Beneath bridges to sleep
And cry

© 2013 Tyler Trelease


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the imagery. Good one keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your words bring images to mind in quick succession, running from sweet to sad. Like the structure of this piece and great syntax.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You're imagery in this is so unbelievably vivid. I think this is my favorite poem of yours so far. Keep writing forever.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A pleasant read, the depictions of cultural and emotional struggles are portrayed in a way which instantly hits the reader, inciting in them a shared experience. Thank you ever so much for this poem, it's truly one of my favourite, if not my most, genres of writing. Really love the dystopian feel on this one. Thank you Tyler.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem builds a deliciously varied spiral of scenes, each detailed with a minimum of words, and keeps them all together to wrap against one's chest, close to the heart. I disagree with the reviewer who called this verse robotic. Just because lines are short and phrases succinct does not reduce a poem to robotic. This is like a kaleidoscope.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the way you open doors to different scenes that come with different emotion but still maintain an excellent flow. Nicely written!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the snapshots and little peeks into peoples lives that you give us. I also really like the structure, beginning at dawn and ending "beneath the bridges to sleep and cry," it was almost like a timeline of images; glimpses into the everyday joys and sorrows that come with the day. The contrasts fit so nicely and remind us of all the stories happening at the same time. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a beautiful way with words. I really enjoyed this the whole way through, it took me some place else, like I watched the words roll off the page, I saw the pieces of chinaware on the floor and sadness walking along highways. Really great job. I loved it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


You take us from one scene to another seamlessly in this well written poem. We are all parts of the whole...the universe. Each one impacts the other....each one matters. A moving write. Lydi**

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
I enjoyed this poem I have to admit it took me a second to really see. But inside this poem is every one. Not one type of person have you missed. You show that no matter how invisible a person might think they are they aren't. They are seen in the madness of life even if they never knew. And so a single tear is cried because.... people try so hard to be not seen that they miss the chance to make a difference.
Thank you for this poem really touching and original.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

690 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 25, 2013
Last Updated on July 25, 2013

Author

Tyler Trelease
Tyler Trelease

MA



About
Eighteen year old writer from Springfield, Massachusetts. Life is a mystery. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..