A cloudy sky

A cloudy sky

A Story by Wiif

The day the life of Sora changed was a windy autumn day. It was one of those days you're not supposed to get out of your room, wear socks and a sweater, read a book and drink hot chocolate by the window. But who knew that a walk on a windy autumn day could change someone's life ? 
Sora was feeling down for some unknown reason, and her remaining in her room was worsening her mental state, so for a change of pace, she took a walk. The streets were deserted and a cold wind was blowing, the trees on each side of the road were naked, their beautiful green cloaks have fallen down and only a few brown crunchy leaves are still holding on. The autumn trees are like her mother who had cancer, she thought. When she started chemo her beautiful long black hair fell down, and she had to wear a scarf on her head all the time. Cancer is cruel, it rips the beauty off of people, and it hurts not only the one who's ill, but everyone around him. Nine years since her mother's death and Sora still has insecurities and scars that aren't healing. The girl was deep in thought as she walked, everything that she's ever felt, her personality and her life choices happened because of her mother's death. Because she feared being hurt again, she separated herself from people and didn't have close human relations. Her logic tells her to be alone, even though she does't really fancy or enjoy it, because loneliness, no matter how hard it is, spares her the pain of loss and deception. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora reached the small park of her neighborhood, just like he streets, it was deserted, not a soul, except hers, was in the park : no mothers chatting, no children laughing or fighting over a swing, not a sound except that of her steps on the ground. She was walking towards the swings when she noticed a white abandoned bunny. " A child must have forgotten it " , she thought, " it would be nice if they came back tomorrow and found it ". She hugged the bunny and sat on the swing, the wind blowing her black curls away from her face. For the first time since she's gotten out for her walk, she realized that the wind was cold, it was giving her goose bumps and sending chills down her spine. Suddenly Bob Dylan's " Blowing in the wind " came into her head, and as she started humming it, she heard a voice say in a thick French accent : 
- " The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind " , Bob Dylan has the answer to every problem in this life, don't you agree ? 
Sora lifted her head, looking for the voice, and she saw a woman, standing next to her. The woman was short, had completely white hair and was wearing a turquoise dress with a black coat. Sora assumed she was about seventy-five years old. But the lady was talking to her, was she going to ignore her ? Or maybe not, after all she's just an old lady, probably seeking some company, it wouldn't hurt anyone if she kept the conversation going. But what Sora didn't know is that that conversation is what is going to change her perspective on life forever. 

© 2014 Wiif


Author's Note

Wiif
It's still unfinished, more will be coming, please focus on my grammar, and correct me if I've done mistakes, Thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the feel of your story telling and touch of bob dylan was brilliant...Enjoyed the read!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014

Author

Wiif
Wiif

Germany



About
I'm new to sharing my writing to people other than my best friend, I just thought it would be fun having people read what I write, and hopefully you'll enjoy my productions as much as I enjoy writing .. more..

Writing
Letter (1) Letter (1)

A Chapter by Wiif


Letter (2) Letter (2)

A Chapter by Wiif


Letter (3) Letter (3)

A Chapter by Wiif