my opinion: ABORTION

my opinion: ABORTION

A Story by whitfit

ABORTION

 

Obviously, most people think the idea is terrible. So, for now, and because of the age that I am, I'm going to have to agree to disagree. I think abortion in some ways [key word: SOME] can be ok.

 

Now before you go and get all upset and fly into some rage of "lets kill Whitney" think about it. Most teens get pregnant around age 16 or 17. Who can honestly say they can support a baby at that age much less already be out of their parents house? Of course Adoption is always an opiton but, more than half the oprhanages in Texas are old run down houses with way less than the amount of help needed, hardly enough supply of food and water to help the kids get by, and don't have the money to buy toys, clothes, diapers, or any necessities a child needs to survive, much less attention. The neglect most toddlers and babys recieve is enough to make them pass away anyway. Why would want that for their child when you know you have the option of aborting the fetus before it's born or have enough organs to be birthed.

 

Also, some upcoming parents, teens and adults, have a drug problem. Wether it simply be marajuana or cocaine, either way it will harm their child. Drugs are addicting, and usually people can not quit. Even with the thought of having a child growing inside of them can not stop the deathly habbit. Any drug addict would either have the unlikley choice of quitting drugs, having the baby and let it live the rest of it's life in pain and suffering or disabilities such as being handicaped, or abortion. A smart woman would chose option 3.

 

Abortion may be considered murder, but think of the options before you decide if it's wrong, or not.

 

 

-Whitney Martinez

© 2008 whitfit


Author's Note

whitfit
ignore grammar problems and please PLEASE let me know your opinion! I'd love to hear it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with you to an extent. Getting into the abortion situation is due to irresponsibility thus making the fetus their responsibility. I think abortion is perfectly fine if the child is a result of rape. Of course the abortion is still unfair to the fetus but putting the source into perspective can completely change one's original perspective. There's also a decent gap between 'murdering' a fetus and 'murdering' a born child. The fetus has no fear of death in early development, I'm assuming but I could be wrong because I am no expert on unborn children. Understanding plays a great part when it comes to fear or mental anguish. There's just so many things the decision can depend on.

It's gambling. Some people who are completely healthy without deformities or have not been subjected to substance abuse and had been planned to be birthed wish they had not been born.

And it's never going to cease to be controversial.

But hey, one day it'll be population control ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


You are correctamundo!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Honestly, here's the thing: it's either murder or it isn't. You can't kill a child who's being abused and say, "Well, it's not murder because, see, this kid had a crappy life."

Abortion is what it is. Its definition does not lie in the circumstances surrounding the choice. It's either murder and you're taking away a life, or it's not.

I believe it's murder on all accounts.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I can tell you put a lot of thought into this but as Kelly said "DON'T HAVE SEX TIL YOUR READY AND RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO PARENT!!!!!"
I have to say that I really don't believe in abortion myself but to each to their own! Everyone has their own personal reasons for what they do with their life and no one should tell them any different. It is great that you have an opinion about this subject I think everyone should whether or not it's good or bad just as long as their opinion is factual has an honest and not just amalicious attack on someone's character or their state of being. Before I start to ramble this is a great piece and I really did enjoy it..

~~Theta

Posted 16 Years Ago


Let's try option 1 Whitney, which you obviously haven't;
DON'T HAVE SEX TIL YOUR READY AND RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO PARENT!!!!!
You're really trying to make it sound nobel and responsible what you'd be saving the baby from. Being responsible is thinking before you even get into a situation where you shouldn't be in the first place. This absolutely show teens aren't ready for this kind of responsibility.
Did you get to choose what kind of situation you were born into? So would it have been fair for your mother to take your life away from you because it wasn't convenient? Look at the creative and gifted talent the world would have missed out on! :)
Hope this isn't hurtful to you dear, it's just very important- life should be respected.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i totally agree!!!
abortion is ok expecially if the family can not afford to raise it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good this. I love to hear people express their opinions and also give room for debate. Your context is clear, has evidence to back it up, and was not long and boring as writing of this type often is.
Your paragraphing is nice but you misspelled some words.
Correct spelling in any kind of writing is of utmost importance. If you have a lot of misspellings it will weaken your voice for the seasoned reader.
Well said Whitfit.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2008

Author

whitfit
whitfit

Grapevine, TX



About
I'm Whitney. I'm 16. And my passion is all for writing. I hope to learn about this website soon, and begin writing tons of work that interest different types of people. My main goal is to write about .. more..

Writing
plagiarism plagiarism

A Poem by whitfit


THE DARKNESS THE DARKNESS

A Poem by whitfit



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..