A Rhythm of Love

A Rhythm of Love

A Poem by wett ink
"

After the storm...

"

Our passion is thunder and lightening. Booming, crackling, fighting. Competing to match the rhythm of the rain.

 

A fierce strike, you leave pain. An earth-shuddering boom, I smother your soul with fear that I'll leave. Again.

 

But the rain hasn't come. The tears haven't fallen. The rage is too intense. But it's quiet, subtle, gripping, calling.

 

The tension is rising. The clouds become fuller. The sky gets darker. Your heart keeps pulling. Rain? Go. Stay? The storm is looming. Decide. Trust. Stay. Go. The storm is brewing.

 

But I don't go. I can't go. There's humidity but no rain. Your essence makes me stay. What is thunder without lightening? A rainbow without rain?

 

Then, I ease along your journey as you lead me to my summit. Je coulerai avec votre univers, pulling you deeper, holding tighter until we plummet.

 

You let freedom reign. Your lips dance over then caress my soul. It's unbearable. It's necessary. Entangled paradoxes making me whole.

 

Tasting your sweetest taboo is more than my heart can bare sometimes, but I do. To walk away forever is an oxymoron. God knows I can't be without you!

 

Our passion is thunder and lightening. Booming, crackling, fighting. Competing to match the rhythm of the rain. Fire. Ice. Ecstasy untamed.

 

A rhythm of love. A rarity in all its form.

You're my heat. My fire. The calm after our thunderstorm.

 

Copyright © 2010 dmillener

© 2010 wett ink


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my, this was excellent! I could hear the storm of lovemaking as I read, and then the calm at the end! EXCELLENT write!!
100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sumptuous passion! Whew! that is some storm, great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..