Battling Anxiety With Affirmations

Battling Anxiety With Affirmations

A Story by LoLo
"

This is an article I'm working on for a local health magazine

"

Battling Anxiety with Affirmations

 

 

             What is anxiety anyway?  The correct definition: Panic related to fear based thoughts of misfortune.  Think about it for a minute.  If you were to back track through your personal life time line you would find specific milestones that mark certain events that imprinted as memories within your brain.  Whether the incident was special or tragic, it never truly leaves the mind.  Some things we have misplaced or forgotten; particularly the unpleasant visions that make us shudder at the mere split second of a thought about it.  As normal human beings, we generally burry these fears we had from the past because we don’t recognize how to deal with the problem head on.  We teach ourselves to hide and be afraid instead of battling the demons of panic, causing strain on our body, mind, and spirits.

            So how, you say, do we find peace within our meddled brains and chaotic lives?  Ask yourself what you are afraid of and why.  If we look at the true purpose of the fear and where it stems from, we may be able to relearn how to battle the negative thought patterns with positive affirmations.

            A friend of mine recently decided to go to college and pursue a degree.  Once the excitement dissipated her fears suddenly came flooding in without notice and she was drowned beneath the overwhelming force.  Immediately she thought about her traumatic high school years, the kids that made fun of her, the unbearable workload, and the failure she thought she was as she barely made it through.  She asked herself, what if these things were to happen again.  What she didn’t do was face her fears, with gentle love and self respect.  Nor did she answer the questions.

            So what if? If she fails at school, the only person to say she fails that actually matters is herself.  Only she can give herself the choice to fail.  Only she has the power to feel left out or awkward around others.  We create these useless fears or worries based off things we have experienced or learned in the past and then we use the fears as a form of protection.  This leads to stress from negative thought patterns resulting in manifestation of disease within the body.

            On the other hand, positive thought patterns can be taught and we can train ourselves how to battle our anxiety.  If one were to repeat daily affirmations and say them for every negative thought one captures in their minds, one can actually reverse the process of fear into peace and self-love.

Every day we are constantly having thoughts of how we view ourselves or how others view us.  In our constant array we self loathe or abuse our natural state of enlightenment that becomes toxic to our beings.  In this case, all the things you don’t like about yourself create the belief that it’s truth.  If you were to take everything you were afraid of, or didn’t like about yourself and oppose the statement, you would be creating a new belief that is healthy and filled with love for not just you but everyone involved in your life.

When creating affirmations you should always remember a few basic rules.  The affirmation should be used in the present tense “I am peaceful” so that you tell your mind it is taking place in the now opposed to “I will be peaceful” or “I am becoming peaceful”.  It should relate that what you want is already accomplished.  It should also always be in a positive format such as “I feel safe” instead of “I am not scared” because this does the opposite of what you want.  Here are some examples that have helped many people with and without anxiety get through the days of their lives:

 

*I move forward fearlessly

*I am safe and secure

*I attract joy into my life

*I have peace of mind

*Life blesses me with everything I need

*I am worthy of love

*The more I love, the more that love is returned to me

 

            Take these samples and fit them into your own life to create a blissful reality.  Create your own affirmations to stimulate your mind for personal growth and achievement.  Most importantly, use affirmations to spread love among ourselves and our loved ones.

 

 

© 2009 LoLo


Author's Note

LoLo
Let me know what you think, I would really like any constructive criticism. Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on May 17, 2009
Last Updated on May 17, 2009

Author

LoLo
LoLo

Appleton, WI



About
I am a young female writer beginning on my writing journey. I live in the small city of Appleton, Wisconsin. Surrounding the Fox Cities are fields and fields country, cows, farmers, and of course mor.. more..

Writing
Desperation Desperation

A Poem by LoLo


Scarlet Scarlet

A Poem by LoLo


Raw Bliss Raw Bliss

A Poem by LoLo